Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline steventrain  
#1 Posted : 24 February 2019 12:02:43(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
New BR44 will be available next week. Alway check manual first before opening loco body.

BR44 Manual PDF - >DOWNLOAD PDF<

Information about smoke unit and removed part before opening loco body then unplug wiring.

Screenshot (39).pngScreenshot (40).pngScreenshot (41).png

Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by steventrain
Offline kiwiAlan  
#2 Posted : 24 February 2019 12:37:32(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: steventrain Go to Quoted Post
New BR44 will be available next week. Alway check manual first before opening loco body.

Information about smoke unit and removed part before opening loco body then unplug wiring.

Good grief, having to remove items before you get to the screws, locos are getting as bad as the Trix orient Express coaches ... Blushing

Offline dickinsonj  
#3 Posted : 28 February 2019 00:44:10(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post

Good grief, having to remove items before you get to the screws, locos are getting as bad as the Trix orient Express coaches ... Blushing

That is pretty bad but I hope not as bad as those Trix Orient Express coaches, which are a nightmare to open without breaking things. ThumbDown
Regards,
Jim

I have almost all Märklin and mostly HO, although I do have a small number of Z gauge trains!
So many trains and so little time.
Offline skeeterbuck  
#4 Posted : 28 February 2019 12:29:32(UTC)
skeeterbuck

United States   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: steventrain Go to Quoted Post

You only have to remove the one side linkage part (reverse rod?) before removing the body mounting screws. Let's not get too upset. It's the price we pay to have more prototypical detail. Wink
Offline RayF  
#5 Posted : 28 February 2019 13:01:01(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Hey people, let's get this in perspective! On my 3047 Br44 (which is so highly praised here) you have to remove two parts of the front pony truck, attached by two separate small screws, before getting to the screw that holds the chassis to the body.

Why are we so highly critical of the new but turn a blind eye to the old? Rose tinted glasses?
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by RayF
Offline dickinsonj  
#6 Posted : 28 February 2019 13:19:20(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
Originally Posted by: RayF Go to Quoted Post

Why are we so highly critical of the new but turn a blind eye to the old? Rose tinted glasses?

Not at all Ray, just an observation that as the models get increasingly more complicated they become harder to actually use.

I have always favored a lot of detailing but on the other hand I use my locos and I don't just look at them. I would not want them to become so complex that they only can be used for displays and some newer models do seem to be trending in that direction.
Regards,
Jim

I have almost all Märklin and mostly HO, although I do have a small number of Z gauge trains!
So many trains and so little time.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by dickinsonj