Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline dennisb  
#1 Posted : 20 February 2019 17:42:10(UTC)
dennisb

Sweden   
Hi!

I just had to draw a new layout that includes the new Märklin turntable in a mid sized staging yard. The layout is pretty straightforward but require a decent room, 5x4 meters. There is no hidden staging areas but that is very easy to incorporate if that is requested. Most of the track is c-track but I wanted to use the flex track (2205) so there are a few of those as well.

The station is on a +5 cm height and then on both sides the double line goes down to 0 before starting to climb again. On the left side of the layout the climbing is done on the normal line while on the right side there is a small helix hidden inside the mountain.

Ii just made this layout for fun as I had some ideas I wanted to get down "on paper". Hopefully it can be of some inspiration to someone.

Layout sketch

Larger staging area layout.jpg

thanks 8 users liked this useful post by dennisb
Offline fynrfin  
#2 Posted : 21 February 2019 15:16:32(UTC)
fynrfin

United States   
Originally Posted by: dennisb Go to Quoted Post

The station is on a +5 cm height and then on both sides the double line goes down to 0 before starting to climb again. On the left side of the layout the climbing is done on the normal line while on the right side there is a small helix hidden inside the mountain.

Ii just made this layout for fun as I had some ideas I wanted to get down "on paper". Hopefully it can be of some inspiration to someone.

Thank you for sharing, it is inspiring! A couple of questions, even if it is just for fun layout. What is the clearance under the bridge on the right side?

What is the incline on the right side to get up to that height.

I am struggling with how to make a very similar size room work and I got inspired by your track plan.

Thank you

Steen

Edited by moderator 22 February 2019 11:12:53(UTC)  | Reason: Removed the quoting of the picture - only need them shown once.

Steen Jorgensen
Planning a Northern European (DSB and DB) C-track layout with IB control.
Offline PeFu  
#3 Posted : 21 February 2019 16:30:42(UTC)
PeFu

Sweden   
Very nice layout! But don’t you think the distance from the loco shed to the layout edge is too long? I would say 70-80 cm is fair, to reach layout areas?

Blushing
Andreasburg-Mattiasberg Bahn is inspired by Swiss railways |Forum Thread |Track Plan |Youtube | C and K track | CS2 | TrainController Gold V10
Offline dennisb  
#4 Posted : 22 February 2019 10:22:40(UTC)
dennisb

Sweden   
Originally Posted by: PeFu Go to Quoted Post
Very nice layout! But don’t you think the distance from the loco shed to the layout edge is too long? I would say 70-80 cm is fair, to reach layout areas?

Blushing

Absolutely! If you build a layout like this it has to be accessible from both sides. My recommendation would be to put it on wheels so that you can pull it and get in behind. Kind of what Brima seems to do with their layouts.
Offline dennisb  
#5 Posted : 22 February 2019 10:40:16(UTC)
dennisb

Sweden   
Originally Posted by: fynrfin Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: dennisb Go to Quoted Post

Thank you for sharing, it is inspiring! A couple of questions, even if it is just for fun layout. What is the clearance under the bridge on the right side?

What is the incline on the right side to get up to that height.

I am struggling with how to make a very similar size room work and I got inspired by your track plan.

Thank you

Steen

Thanks! The clearance under the bridge is 10 cm (the station area is at +5cm and the tracks above at +15cm.

The inner track (that has the steepest incline are at 2.41%. The outer is at 2.2%.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by dennisb
Offline White Buffalo  
#6 Posted : 29 May 2021 04:55:49(UTC)
White Buffalo

United States   
great looking design, any update?