Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline ckreling  
#1 Posted : 28 January 2019 02:02:59(UTC)
ckreling

I acquired a 39730 with the video doors.

The doors on one side seems to be dimmer than the doors on the other side. Has anyone had this issue - does anyone know if/how to adjust brightness of the doors?

Many thanks !

Charles !
Offline xxup  
#2 Posted : 29 January 2019 12:43:18(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
F14 allows you to dim the door lighting, but it does not provide a choice of side. If one side is brighter that the other, it could be a voltage drop on the lest bright side. It could also be a problem with the screen. I have not had mine out of the box for over four years. If I have time this weekend, I might have a quick look - it depends on what FD has planned and how hot it is on the weekend.. Scared
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com
Offline Minok  
#3 Posted : 29 January 2019 22:03:49(UTC)
Minok

United States   
The backlighting on the LCD pannels could be dimmer on one vs the other. If the wiring to the display pannels has a dedicated power line that powers only the backlight of the pannel, you could possibly add an inline resitor of very low value to dim down the brighter panels to the same level as the dim ones. If its possible and I wanted to go that way, I'd put little adjustable potentiometers on all the pannels so I could adjust them all to the same brightness. But not having the train or knowing how its door displays are powered, I cannot say if this is easily possible. If part of the backlighting has failed, then you'd need to replace the backlighting or whole pannel itself.
Toys of tin and wood rule!
---
My Layout Thread on marklin-users.net: InterCity 1-3-4
My YouTube Channel:
https://youtube.com/@intercity134
Offline GlennM  
#4 Posted : 29 January 2019 23:19:24(UTC)
GlennM

United Kingdom   
Should be like this on all sides

Don't look back, your not heading that way.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by GlennM
Offline Drongo  
#5 Posted : 30 January 2019 05:53:13(UTC)
Drongo

Australia   
I have 4 of this model and all 4 have been returned to Marklin for service regarding the video screens. They are now out of warranty and the video screens have failed again. IMHO this model is a piece of S@#$. At first, Marklin wouldn't repair the screens and offered me another model of equal value. I said I wanted the video screens and waited six months for them to get another supplier of the screens, which proved not to be any better. You'll notice that Marklin don't sell this model anymore and they haven't followed it up with any other models. In plain English - it's just a gimmick.
Take it easy . . . . or any other way you can get it !!!!
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Drongo
Offline ckreling  
#6 Posted : 12 February 2019 03:04:03(UTC)
ckreling

Thanks for all of the feedback, One side of mine is definitely dim. Sounds like it was a trouble prone model.

I get where it seems to be a gimmick model - but interestingly enough they rarely and I mean rarely come up on eBay for sale so people must like them.
Offline Drongo  
#7 Posted : 13 February 2019 10:31:24(UTC)
Drongo

Australia   
Originally Posted by: ckreling Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for all of the feedback, One side of mine is definitely dim. Sounds like it was a trouble prone model.

I get where it seems to be a gimmick model - but interestingly enough they rarely and I mean rarely come up on eBay for sale so people must like them.

I have 4 of these models and I'd gladly sell them to you, however, I wouldn't want to wish this on anyone on the forum.
Take it easy . . . . or any other way you can get it !!!!
Offline ckreling  
#8 Posted : 16 February 2019 01:57:22(UTC)
ckreling

So why so many???