Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline siroljuk  
#1 Posted : 17 December 2015 17:15:19(UTC)
siroljuk

Finland   
Hello Everyone,

I have done some translation work with Google and here I give you first version of quite important document.
I put here both in English ( which is the first revision) and German version(which is the original)

There is also one interesting document of New Generation of Retrofit Märklin decoders.

I hope that you understand that translation is not yet ready. ( I'm practicing translation from Germany to English at the same time I'm waiting for that important Märklin new book of CS2 and digitization).

I wish all the best to all of you and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

And of course Happy Training

Regards

Jukka

Edited by moderator 27 January 2019 09:10:57(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 8 users liked this useful post by siroljuk
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#2 Posted : 27 January 2019 09:11:32(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Files are not available...
Offline bph  
#3 Posted : 10 February 2019 18:05:14(UTC)
bph

Norway   
Here is rough translation of the manual for the Decoder tool software.
grammar is not perfect but it should be understandable. I have also updated it with pictures from v3.3.0

If you have problem with text scaling in Windows 10, you can correct that with enabling of High DPI scaling override, and set scaling to be performed by System (enhanced)

Right click on mdecoderTool3 icon, select properties, under compatibility tab click on button "Change high DPI settings".

http://www.hovland.net/bilder/mj/high_dpi.jpg

Edited by user 14 February 2019 19:55:25(UTC)  | Reason: Minor correction in document, comment on Windows 10 scaling issue

thanks 3 users liked this useful post by bph
Offline costing  
#4 Posted : 10 February 2019 20:26:45(UTC)
costing

Switzerland   
Thank you @bph for giving the so much needed hand of help to M*! Now if only you could help translating the app itself as well ... Or don't, after some wasted time on pressing random things I got my loco to work the way I wanted, I guess I'm finally learning some German!

ESU is not much better btw, so it's a widespread problem.

And another documentation-related frustration. Lately the "Manuals" link is missing from the official pages, I used to check it out for more details on the loco than what's in the summary description online. That's one step backwards for me...

</vent><fun>

Cheers,

.costin
JMRI on RPi & DCC++ / C-track / Marklin, Roco, ESU, Bemo locos / Christmas car collector
Offline kiwiAlan  
#5 Posted : 10 February 2019 21:16:24(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: costing Go to Quoted Post

ESU is not much better btw, so it's a widespread problem.

ESU is LOTS better if you get yourself on the Loksound email group on Yahoo. There are several guys there who know these decoders inside out, and they have help from Matt Herman at Loksound USA.

If they cannot help with difficult problems then they know where to get the required information.

Now if only Marklin would be as helpful they could make a big hole in ESUs decoder market.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline costing  
#6 Posted : 10 February 2019 22:22:31(UTC)
costing

Switzerland   
Case in hand. LokSound v4. English manual (Date: 10.04.12, Version: 4th Edition) vs the German one (Datum: 04.04.18, Version: 12). That to me shows how little importance they give to other markets (read: rest of the world).

Yes, you find friendly help online, this very forum is a great example. But that only comes after a lot of frustration and searching where to vent it, how to formulate your problem and so on. Having the manual available would simply avoid all this mess. The tech savvy can run the PDF through Google Translate, can't they do the same at least as a starting point?

Similarly, loco manuals are in German only for the vast majority of their models: EN (5 and only the first booklet) vs DE (17 * versions and exploded part views as well). Mine in particular was not on this select list.

So between a bad and a worse, I'm not sure who's the winner. The customers of either companies for sure not. Plenty of opportunities for improvement here!

Also for us if the makers don't step up... For example to create a repository of community translated manuals, it would make them much easier to locate than in a forum.

Cheers,

.costin
JMRI on RPi & DCC++ / C-track / Marklin, Roco, ESU, Bemo locos / Christmas car collector
Offline bph  
#7 Posted : 10 February 2019 23:33:35(UTC)
bph

Norway   
Originally Posted by: costing Go to Quoted Post
Thank you @bph for giving the so much needed hand of help to M*! Now if only you could help translating the app itself as well ... Or don't, after some wasted time on pressing random things I got my loco to work the way I wanted, I guess I'm finally learning some German!

.costin

Agree with you on this, even if the program is in English (and French), there is still German parts. It has several software bugs and text/font errors.