Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline ShannonN  
#1 Posted : 15 January 2019 02:31:32(UTC)
ShannonN

Australia   

The journey from Kings Cross to Waverley Station in Edinburgh, many views and scenery on route plus interesting scenes of the passengers.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by ShannonN
Offline dominator  
#2 Posted : 15 January 2019 06:22:50(UTC)
dominator

New Zealand   
And just after 4 minutes we see some ladies cleaning the DOMINION OF NEW ZEALND Locomotive
Northland. NZ REMEMBER 0228 for ä
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by dominator
Offline rrf  
#3 Posted : 15 January 2019 13:29:13(UTC)
rrf

United States   
I tried to reply on the “Last Mile Switching on The Florida Central” thread but could not, so I’m responding here.

Originally Posted by: Bigdaddynz Go to Quoted Post
Shannon, can't you please consider consolidating some of these topics - you've opened at least 16 topics ...

No antagonism or disrespect intended …

Shannan, thank you for posting all of those wonderful videos. I enjoyed the handful I have found the time to watch. That said, our moderator has made an important point about how the proliferation of topics can affect the readability of the forum.

My general reading method is to grab a minute or two here and there using my iPhone. Thus I rely heavily on the “Recent Active Discussions” list. Your sixteen separate topics caused fifteen others to be pushed off of the list. Had you used a single topic, I would still be able to find your latest posts with the “Go to first unread” feature and I would also be able to see the other topics that are now pushed off the forum's main page.

Regards,
Rob
Mackenrode Wende Bahn
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by rrf
Offline ShannonN  
#4 Posted : 16 January 2019 16:57:19(UTC)
ShannonN

Australia   
Originally Posted by: rrf Go to Quoted Post
I tried to reply on the “Last Mile Switching on The Florida Central” thread but could not, so I’m responding here.

Originally Posted by: Bigdaddynz Go to Quoted Post
Shannon, can't you please consider consolidating some of these topics - you've opened at least 16 topics ...

No antagonism or disrespect intended …

Shannan, thank you for posting all of those wonderful videos. I enjoyed the handful I have found the time to watch. That said, our moderator has made an important point about how the proliferation of topics can affect the readability of the forum.

My general reading method is to grab a minute or two here and there using my iPhone. Thus I rely heavily on the “Recent Active Discussions” list. Your sixteen separate topics caused fifteen others to be pushed off of the list. Had you used a single topic, I would still be able to find your latest posts with the “Go to first unread” feature and I would also be able to see the other topics that are now pushed off the forum's main page.

Regards,

Hey Rob
You are the first person to explain this to me, why Dave or any other mod hasn't instead of just saying consolidate escapes me, I still don't know how I can post multiple videos in one post and still attn them to members as individual items, Like I can add 20 videos to one post I know, but while all may be about steam locos, some may be German, some UK, some Aussie, I think some distinctions need to be made so viewers can choose which to view rather than scroll through long list?

As you know I use the forum software's built in heading and sub heading fields to announce the contents as intended. I find the forum software pretty limiting compared to VBulletin but understand Juhan is limited by hosting etc.

So lets hear from Dave (Big DaddyNZ) via PM with an example of how I can achieve what He wants and what I want as a win/win for all?

Dave are you there?

Offline kiwiAlan  
#5 Posted : 16 January 2019 17:48:40(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: ShannonN Go to Quoted Post
I still don't know how I can post multiple videos in one post and still attn them to members as individual items,

You don't. Have one topic labelled say "UK historic train films" or whatever seems appropriate and do a post per video in there for the UK films. Have another topic for American ones, and another topic for European ones if you are doing those as well.

Just do one video per post, with a bit of explanatory text in the post as well giving the background for the video, such as time and place, or training film, or documentary, or whatever, (and INCLUDE the LENGTH) that invites the reader to view the video. So many of your posts have just the video link with no explanation, and I don't know what it is about apart from what you have in the topic title. If it is a half hour video I don't want to start it before finding that out.

thanks 3 users liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#6 Posted : 20 January 2019 10:13:47(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Sorry, I've only just seen this as I was about to move Shannon's video posts into the new sub-forum we created for his (and other Prototype) videos.

Alan and Rob have pretty much said what I would have, so no need to add any more.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz