Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline nmarques  
#1 Posted : 07 January 2019 21:33:50(UTC)
nmarques

Portugal   
Hi!

I have a Märklin TGV 37790 bought in 2010. Since that time, I have been using a CS2 60214 with the 60052 transformer. With this setup, I haven’t experienced any problems related to TGV speed.
Some months ago, my 60052 died and I bought the switched power pack 60061 and the TGV top speed decreased by aprox. 30% with the CS2 being supplied by the 60061.
I have already read some comments saying it can be related of the voltage supplied to the track. With the 60052 I had about 23V and with 60061 about 19V. (All the other locos are running fine). The TGV has no mechanical problems on transmission. Does it have a “voltage-sensitive” decoder?
Seems it is a very common symptom on this train, and many people had reported that Märklin Service optimized their train’s speed.
I already contact dealer and he said to just send it to Märklin Service. I had some experience with repairs in Göppingen and it takes so long… Also my TGV doesn’t have warranty anymore.
So, my question is: for people who sent their TGV to Märklin, what did Service did? Changing the decoder, reprogramed it?
Could a decoder change by myself fix the problem?

Thank you in advance
Offline JohnjeanB  
#2 Posted : 08 January 2019 12:33:52(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi

I don't have a TGV but many other Märklin locos mostly MFX, "Spielewelt", with various motors such as SDS, historic 5 poles, can, no armature (Glockenanker).
I have noticed that they are largely influenced by voltage fluctuations.
Using a transfo provides a higher voltage but with lots of voltage fluctuency (because of current, because of mains voltage changes).

Using a switched power supply provides a stable / regulated voltage (19.5) for a much better circulation of trains (In my opinion).
So the reduced speed of your TGV is normal (19.5V instead of 23V at times).

Are you sure your TGV Max speed is settled to 255?
I read a number of TGV owners remarks about a speed not so high but it is not crawling.

Cheers

Jean
Offline nmarques  
#3 Posted : 09 January 2019 10:41:14(UTC)
nmarques

Portugal   
Originally Posted by: JohnjeanB Go to Quoted Post
Hi

I don't have a TGV but many other Märklin locos mostly MFX, "Spielewelt", with various motors such as SDS, historic 5 poles, can, no armature (Glockenanker).
I have noticed that they are largely influenced by voltage fluctuations.
Using a transfo provides a higher voltage but with lots of voltage fluctuency (because of current, because of mains voltage changes).

Using a switched power supply provides a stable / regulated voltage (19.5) for a much better circulation of trains (In my opinion).
So the reduced speed of your TGV is normal (19.5V instead of 23V at times).

Are you sure your TGV Max speed is settled to 255?
I read a number of TGV owners remarks about a speed not so high but it is not crawling.

Cheers

Jean

Thanks for your answer.

This model has two Bühler motors connected in series, one at each end.
The max speed is from the first day set do 255.
For me, it's crawling with this circumstances... even with the 60052 it is not really fast as expected for a TGV (compared to other locos), but for me was fine, as I also didn't travel with other locos at max speed. But with this new setup, the speed makes me really said...
Offline nmarques  
#4 Posted : 09 January 2019 11:01:34(UTC)
nmarques

Portugal   
The current CV configuration for the motor is:

CV56 Control Influence - 210
CV53 Control Reference - 210
CV54 Control K - 50
CV55 Control I - 100
CV... Control D - 0 (neither cv number nor value)
CV... Slow Limit - 0 (neither cv number nor value)
CV... Slow K - 0 (neither cv number nor value)
CV... Slow I - 0 (neither cv number nor value)
CV... Slow D - 0 (neither cv number nor value)
CV52 Motor Type - 2 Ungeregelter Motor (motor without feedback control)

One thing I noticed with 60061 is that: my unit has a total of 127 speed steps and with that power supply, the TGV doesn't run faster after aprox. speed step n.80 (in other words, speed steps from 80-127 have no change on actual TGV speed). As suggested by a friend I changed the CV53, and come to value 160 where I can increase speed until last speed step 127, but the atual max speed didn't changed.

Another thing I find strange on CV52 is that this motor is considered as a "motor without feedback control". Isn't the Buehler motor a simple DC motor? (That CV has also some options for DC ones). I am afraid of changing the value of this CV has it could be related to another CV...