Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline gwolski  
#1 Posted : 04 January 2019 16:22:33(UTC)
gwolski

United States   
SUMMARY
Here's a link to prototype CD 380 information: https://www.skoda.cz/en/...-emil-zatopek/?from=prod

UP CLOSE
A great looking modern electric locomotive from Trix - available without sound as 22284 or with DCC sound as 22196. The locomotive comes in the normal sleeved box with formed plastic insert - my unit was in great shape after its trip from Germany. I did not take caliper measurements, but the loco scales well with prototype photos from the Internet.

Detail on the unit looks great including the roof equipment.

Weighs in at 392g.

3-RAIL:
his model can be found in an AC version in the Märklin H0 assortment under item number 36203.

PAINT AND MARKINGS:
Paint is well executed with crisp demarcations between colors. Markings are crisp and readable (under a magnifier of course!).

DIGITAL:
The unit takes a 21 pin decoder - I have an ESU LokSound decoder on order for it, and I'll report back if I have any problems. As mentioned above, this loco is available with sound pre-installed as part #22196.

CLOSING:
I'm very pleased with this locomotive - it will look great at the head of my CD passenger trains!
Gene Wolski
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by gwolski
Offline kimballthurlow  
#2 Posted : 04 January 2019 21:46:21(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Hi Gene,
Thanks for the review of the Skoda built locomotive.

This model is also available in the DB red colour, Maerklin #36202. I assume there is a Trix version of that too.
When in Berlin recently I saw a Czech passenger train at the Hbf hauled by a Vectron loco in the CD colours. The whole train was in a very attractive two tone blue.

Kimball
HO Scale - Märklin (ep III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail (USA and Australia) - 3 rail (English Hornby Dublo) - a few old O gauge.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kimballthurlow
Offline gwolski  
#3 Posted : 04 January 2019 22:04:39(UTC)
gwolski

United States   
Originally Posted by: kimballthurlow Go to Quoted Post
Hi Gene,
Thanks for the review of the Skoda built locomotive.

This model is also available in the DB red colour, Maerklin #36202. I assume there is a Trix version of that too.
When in Berlin recently I saw a Czech passenger train at the Hbf hauled by a Vectron loco in the CD colours. The whole train was in a very attractive two tone blue.

Kimball

Yes, I believe there is a red Trix loco as well - I think its number 22195. Thanks for the extra information!

I like the two tone blue scheme! in the summer of 2015, I rode the EN 407 from Warsaw to Prague which was a mixed train pulled by a PKP EP09 IIRC. I also rode the beautiful CD RailJet from Prague to Vienna that summer - what an awesome train that was! I picked up the Porta Bohemica passenger car sets - they are awesome looking.

Cheers!

Gene
Gene Wolski
Offline mike c  
#4 Posted : 05 January 2019 18:21:58(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
What coaches will you be running with this locomotive? I think that ACME has some CD and other coaches that would go well, including the EC Vindobona.

Regards

Mike C
Offline gwolski  
#5 Posted : 05 January 2019 18:38:43(UTC)
gwolski

United States   
Originally Posted by: mike c Go to Quoted Post
What coaches will you be running with this locomotive? I think that ACME has some CD and other coaches that would go well, including the EC Vindobona.

Regards

Mike C

I have the awesome looking ACME Porta Bohemica sets (55170/55171/55172). I'll add a picture to the review above some time this weekend.

Gene
Gene Wolski
Offline gwolski  
#6 Posted : 07 January 2019 03:24:43(UTC)
gwolski

United States   
TEASER - Next up is the Piko #59153 Electric Locomotive 146.2 Koleje Mazowieckie and double decker commuter cars (including driving coach). The KM runs local passenger traffic in the Masovian region of Poland (which included Warsaw or Warszawa as spelled by the locals). I'll review the loco and show it with the coaches. The KM also bought 10 Stadler FLIRT EMUs - one version of the Liliput HO Scale FLIRT is almost an exact match, so I'll paint it in KM livery and post those pics in the appropriate forum.

Cheers!

KM Loco and coaches
Gene Wolski