Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Webmaster  
#1 Posted : 16 December 2018 18:40:17(UTC)
Webmaster

When you make a review, please make it complete in the first post with pictures and all, and section it well with bold section headlines when certain areas are covered.
Think of it as a web article in the format that you would like to read yourself on a web site... Smile

If you need to add things to the review, please add them to the first post instead of a reply in the topic.

Edited by user 19 December 2018 15:10:49(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Juhan - "Webmaster", at your service...
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by Webmaster
Offline TEEWolf  
#2 Posted : 17 December 2018 03:36:16(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: Webmaster Go to Quoted Post
When you make a review, please make it complete in the first post with pictures and all, and section it well with bold section headlines when certain areas are covered.
Think of it as a web article in the format that you would like to read yourself on a web site... Smile

If you need to add things to the review, please add them to the first post instead of a reply in the topic.

Very good.

Please, can you open for these tests a new forum topic too? Like "Model railroad locos" (Tests and introducings) as the existing topic "Model railroad software" or "Model railroad photography"?
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by TEEWolf
Offline H0  
#3 Posted : 17 December 2018 10:14:49(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: TEEWolf Go to Quoted Post
Please, can you open for these tests a new forum topic too?
I think that Juhan's point is that posts in the various Review sections should qualify as "Reviews" with substantial information. No point having questions like "Anyone bought it?" in the Reviews section.

If you just want to show two photos, you can to it in one of the "new rolling stock" topics. If you wanna write more, but not a full review, you can do it in the "my locos" et al. sections.

IMHO we rather have too many fora already and too many threads are started in suboptimal fora. I'm not sure what you are asking for, but I don't see a need for more fora at this time.

Edited by user 18 December 2018 09:34:44(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by H0
Offline mike c  
#4 Posted : 19 December 2018 01:30:27(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
A lot of times when I am posting a review of a model, I add photos or additional notes after the original review is posted.
It can happen, for example, that I am not able to test all functions or the model was only on my test track (1m long) when I wrote the original review.
Are you saying that I should not append changes to the thread as a new post but rather edit or update the post. I used to put new comments into a new post because some might not notice that the original text had been updated/changed.

Depending on how you want it, I can either continue to post the initial review followed by updates or I can delay any review until such a time that my review would be "complete".

I might instead post the original information in the HO or other thread and then put the full review in this section later.

Regards

Mike C
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by mike c
Online kimballthurlow  
#5 Posted : 19 December 2018 02:07:12(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Originally Posted by: mike c Go to Quoted Post
A lot of times when I am posting a review of a model, I add photos or additional notes after the original review is posted........ I used to put new comments into a new post because some might not notice that the original text had been updated.

Regards

Mike C

I do exactly that for the same reasons. But when complete, I add all the appendages into the first post. So it may be in an “appended state” for some weeks.

Is that sensible and acceptable?

Kimball

HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by kimballthurlow
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#6 Posted : 19 December 2018 11:49:58(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: kimballthurlow Go to Quoted Post
...I add all the appendages into the first post........Is that sensible and acceptable?

Originally Posted by: Webmaster Go to Quoted Post

I think that was Juhan's intention, so Yes, very acceptable (and sensible).

Maybe add a date in bold text to the additional comments, so others can see that extra comments have been added, thus covering MikeC's point.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline Crazy Harry  
#7 Posted : 20 December 2018 02:22:06(UTC)
Crazy Harry

Canada   
One could write a new post which states that Post 1 has been updated. That way, when others are directed to the first unread post, they are made aware that the original post has been updated. I also agree with David's (Bigdaddynz) comment to include dates when updates were made.

Cheers,

Harold.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Crazy Harry
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#8 Posted : 20 December 2018 02:42:23(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Probably not a bad idea Harold, as that would put the thread back to the top of the Topic List and flag that an update to the thread had been made. Unlike the old Snitz forum, if an existing post is edited with new info added, the topic doesn't go to the top of the Topic List.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz