Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Cheshy  
#1 Posted : 12 November 2018 17:46:06(UTC)
Cheshy

Belgium   
Hallo, total newby here

I would like to know if with the cs3 i could configure trains or let the station control the trains speed before braking, i don’t want to buy a braking module for every thingy i want a train to stop.

Can ppl please tell me if i can just do this with the central station and block occupation detection? ( or another way without buying extra stuf for each breakpoint )

Thx😺
Offline DaleSchultz  
#2 Posted : 12 November 2018 18:15:52(UTC)
DaleSchultz

United States   
you will need something, so that whatever system will do the control, knows when to do so. Like a sensor.
Dale
Intellibox + own software, K-Track
My current layout: https://cabin-layout.mixmox.com
Arrival and Departure signs: https://remotesign.mixmox.com
Offline Cheshy  
#3 Posted : 12 November 2018 18:42:04(UTC)
Cheshy

Belgium   
I was planning on using sensirs to divide into blocks but would have liked the trains to slow down if a block next is occupied, but i don’t want a brake module like 72441 for every point. Can the cs3 handle the braking for example if i use sensors on my track?
Offline kgsjoqvist  
#4 Posted : 05 December 2018 20:33:58(UTC)
kgsjoqvist

Sweden   
Originally Posted by: Cheshy Go to Quoted Post
I was planning on using sensirs to divide into blocks but would have liked the trains to slow down if a block next is occupied, but i don’t want a brake module like 72441 for every point. Can the cs3 handle the braking for example if i use sensors on my track?

Not on it’s own. The CS3 has only limited capability to locate the trains and react to their movements. But it can be dome with a little extra hardware:

1) A brake generator connected to a signal and with brake sections in the track.
or
2) A computer with appropriate software that controls the layout - it will also need feedback from the track.
K-G / H0 and Z model train user
Offline David Dewar  
#5 Posted : 05 December 2018 20:55:40(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
You can use a circuit track and set the loco breaking delay. The loco will stop slowly when it triggers the circuit track which should be connected to a S88.
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
Offline siroljuk  
#6 Posted : 05 December 2018 21:35:10(UTC)
siroljuk

Finland   
Originally Posted by: David Dewar Go to Quoted Post
The loco will stop slowly when it triggers the circuit track which should be connected to a S88.

This is just right, you can use conditional event to accomplish this kind of maneuver. Remember to use right settings in CS3 BigGrin

Jukka
Offline kgsjoqvist  
#7 Posted : 06 December 2018 21:51:59(UTC)
kgsjoqvist

Sweden   
Originally Posted by: siroljuk Go to Quoted Post
The loco will stop slowly when it triggers the circuit track which should be connected to a S88.

This is just right, you can use conditional event to accomplish this kind of maneuver. Remember to use right settings in CS3 BigGrin

Jukka

Yes, but CS3 has to know which loco to slow down... If you use a Reed contact and a magnet under one loco it will be a way to acheive this. But the brake generator is less complicated. The brake generators and stop sections on the other hand give you problems if you use the track for single track. The stop signal should only stop trains from one direction.

K-G / H0 and Z model train user
Offline David Dewar  
#8 Posted : 06 December 2018 23:22:31(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Originally Posted by: kgsjoqvist Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: siroljuk Go to Quoted Post

Jukka

Yes, but CS3 has to know which loco to slow down... If you use a Reed contact and a magnet under one loco it will be a way to acheive this. But the brake generator is less complicated. The brake generators and stop sections on the other hand give you problems if you use the track for single track. The stop signal should only stop trains from one direction.

Loco will be connected via the S88 to the CS3 and the circuit track will stop it slowly with the braking delay set. Not ideal but not complicated as far as stopping slowly.
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
Offline H0  
#9 Posted : 07 December 2018 08:32:04(UTC)
H0

Loco will be connected via the S88 to the CS3 and the circuit track will stop it slowly with the braking delay set.
You can tell the CS to stop loco X when circuit track Y gets triggered. This works fine if loco X is the only loco that ever comes to track Y.

If loco Z triggers the track, the CS will again stop loco X because the CS does not know which loco triggers the S88 contact.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by H0
Offline siroljuk  
#10 Posted : 07 December 2018 09:44:08(UTC)
siroljuk

Finland   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
You can tell the CS to stop loco X when circuit track Y gets triggered. This works fine if loco X is the only loco that ever comes to track Y.

If loco Z triggers the track, the CS will again stop loco X because the CS does not know which loco triggers the S88 contact.

Hello againBigGrin

Yes, if you run your locos randomly then it is almost impossible to make automated steering even using conditional events because there is no simple way to identify running loco at the exact place. But you can always do automated steering even for complicated layout and for several locos using S88 contacts and manual contacts as FLAGS together with conditional events.
It is not easy and if you want to succeed you certainly have to make clear plan for every loco and configure your layout with clear blocks an s88 contacts. After those demands you have to be able to make "program" to your CS. . . Blink Blink it take time and nerves and . . .Drool Drool is it FUN any more??

I have done so ... for me it was fun but only short time. Who want to look at running locos rolling the same route again and again.

Using light automated programs(events) S88 contacts and events together and manual s88 steering with manual push buttons for "key" switches and signals together with one or two shuttle locos; that is fun and you can use your imagination and brains feeling that your are the BOSS of your layout.

I can say now that the CS3Plus is, after latest update, perfect CS for steering complicated layout with very many different waysThumpUp ThumpUp

Regards

JukkaBigGrin BigGrin
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by siroljuk
Offline Goofy  
#11 Posted : 09 December 2018 10:19:28(UTC)
Goofy

If you want brake section and do not want spend too much money at brake modul you have to simulate real locomotive driver by slow down the speed byself before the signal and stop. BigGrin
H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline 9azizz  
#12 Posted : 20 December 2018 17:13:47(UTC)
9azizz

Hi,

Although this is not directly related to the CS3 but the general idea is the same . I have added a module by Uhlenbrock (68720) that combines feedback plus brake generator in one little box to my Uhlenbrock Intellibox 2 command station and that allows the control of trains running on the same track with signals being controlled by the system and with all decoder functions available ( sound , light ... etc ) . Last June I attended a Marklin info day in Austria where a Marklin tech had a similar arrangement setup using the CS3 running several trains under automation with signals and points running like clock work and there was even a shuttling train on a separate line . Now you will need one Marklin feedback module to be connected to the CS3 plus ( if you want ) some of those fantastic plug & play Marklin track signals . By the way the Uhlenbrock ( as well as the Marklin ) Systems are intended for smaller scales ( N , TT, HO ) However, I am using my setup to run a mix of G scale & gauge 1 trains and the secret is simply not to use G scale power supply and stick with HO recommended power levels while dividing the layout into 2-3 power districts ( depending on the size of your layout ) and Marklin offers a selection of power supplies for the different scales .

Happy model railroading