Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Michael4  
#1 Posted : 15 October 2018 10:34:49(UTC)
Michael4

United Kingdom   
I don't know much about Swiss railways

As I understand it 3050 was originally supplied with a sheet of different Swiss Canton coat of arms as stickers?

If so, is there a reference to help me identify them anywhere on the net? If there is a reasonable scan of it I could print it out and make my own.

Or...is that sheet of stickers still available?

The loco I have coming to me has the bear on it, I think this is Bern, am I right?

Would this be appropriate for 4035/4038 etc or should it be RET800/3014?

Offline ktsolias  
#2 Posted : 15 October 2018 11:54:15(UTC)
ktsolias

Greece   
Look here

https://www.ebay.de/itm/...AAOSwISRahKAb:rk:30:pf:0

Very expensive in my opinion

Usually the decals are going with the loco. Is may be better to by a 3050 with the decals included

Costas
Offline Unholz  
#3 Posted : 15 October 2018 15:47:11(UTC)
Unholz

Switzerland   
Originally Posted by: Michael4 Go to Quoted Post

The loco I have coming to me has the bear on it, I think this is Bern, am I right?
Would this be appropriate for 4035/4038 etc or should it be RET800/3014?

The coat-of-arms "Bern" is just perfect for the model 3050 with the running no. 11414.

RET 800/3014 should definitely not carry any kind of coat-of-arms, and neither the carriages 4035/4038.

If you want to scan Bern, perhaps you can use this: https://de.wikipedia.org...ntons_und_der_Stadt_Bern
Offline Michael4  
#4 Posted : 15 October 2018 16:43:24(UTC)
Michael4

United Kingdom   
Thanks both, the Wiki link gives me what I need, that original sheet of stickers is way too much for me!

I wasn't going to put coats of arms on anything else, just wondering if those 4035/4038 carriages are appropriate for 3050 or 3014 or both?

A very long time ago I had a birthday in Bern, I can still remember the cakes and the Schuco racing car I was given as a present.

Offline Unholz  
#5 Posted : 15 October 2018 18:16:26(UTC)
Unholz

Switzerland   
(...)just wondering if those 4035/4038 carriages are appropriate for 3050 or 3014 or both?

Yes, you can use those for both locomotives.
PS. Strange, when I google those coach numbers, I also see other Märklin products. Did they use the same product numbers for other items? Confused

Offline Markus Schild  
#6 Posted : 15 October 2018 21:33:44(UTC)
Markus Schild

Germany   
Originally Posted by: Unholz Go to Quoted Post

PS. Strange, when I google those coach numbers, I also see other Märklin products. Did they use the same product numbers for other items? Confused

Hi Stefan,

Yes, this is not rare in the Märklin assortment. Some numbers are not only used twice, "3033" for example was used for three different models. Also several numbers 31XX were used first for sets and later for locomotives. The funniest is "6021". This is not only the digital control unit. Before it was a 125V/10VA transformer for Sweden. In total there are more than 400 numbers which were used for more than one product in the four-digit scheme.

Edit: The double-use of numbers is not restricted to final-products. Also at spare-parts numbers are sometimes used more than one time. In some cases also with the same keyword - description. So the number for the roof of the 346/1 express coach, was also used for the roof of the 4235/4335 coaches. In this case I found the number as "in stock" several years ago. I was a little bit disappointed when I got a simple plastic part instead of a nice tin-roof from the 1950s.

Regards

Markus

Edited by user 16 October 2018 10:16:13(UTC)  | Reason: Info added.

thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Markus Schild
Offline Michael4  
#7 Posted : 15 October 2018 23:50:54(UTC)
Michael4

United Kingdom   
Thanks for the info regarding the SBB coaches, I seem to have picked up a few over the summer.

Another odd numbering one is 4063 which is either an Italian FS 1st class coach in grey (rare) or an unpowered Santa Fe loco.
Offline cookee_nz  
#8 Posted : 16 October 2018 12:19:37(UTC)
cookee_nz

New Zealand   
Thanks for the info regarding the SBB coaches, I seem to have picked up a few over the summer.

Another odd numbering one is 4063 which is either an Italian FS 1st class coach in grey (rare) or an unpowered Santa Fe loco.

The anomalies of Märklin numbering over the years is a whole collector-topic in itself.

As Markus says, there have been more than a few, and if you include all products through entire production it becomes quite a list.

Fortunately most only encounter it with H0 but it can still catch people out.

No doubt there's a list of all those duplicates already done.

Cheers
Cookee
Wellington
NZ image
Offline Michael4  
#9 Posted : 16 October 2018 16:38:55(UTC)
Michael4

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: cookee_nz Go to Quoted Post

The anomalies of Märklin numbering over the years is a whole collector-topic in itself.

As Markus says, there have been more than a few, and if you include all products through entire production it becomes quite a list.

Fortunately most only encounter it with H0 but it can still catch people out.

No doubt there's a list of all those duplicates already done.

Cheers

Perhaps we should have a thread (sticky) into which we can add 'anomalies' as we find them?