Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Hics  
#101 Posted : 20 April 2018 11:06:50(UTC)
Hics

United Kingdom   
Hello Marco

I was looking for a loco to buy on ebay and I think I found yours. A guy from Norwich (which you mentioned before) has 8 locos for sale which are on your missing list. Is it them? I was going to bid one of them but if they are yours I wont.
Can you confirm this?

Many thanks

Seb
Offline ocram63_uk  
#102 Posted : 20 April 2018 15:59:02(UTC)
ocram63_uk

United Kingdom   
Hi Seb,
sent you another PM
Offline mike c  
#103 Posted : 20 April 2018 16:38:28(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Since you first posted this topic, I have been hoping that you would recover your lost items.
It seems, however, that you do not want to take action when it is available.

You say that you bought a number of the items from this seller and you confirm that these were the items that were stolen from you.
You should contact ebay and report the remaining items as stolen or questionnable items. They will likely remove the items and possibly remove the seller from ebay.
That might mean that the remaining items will not be laundered on that website, but the seller might be discouraged from continuing to traffic in questionably sourced items, which might be better for all modellers in your area.

Is this seller posing as a modeller who is liquidating his collection, as a pawn shop or other reseller, in which case he might have a store front or physical location or as a casual dealer who just happens to have the occasional model RR item to sell?

If you modified the locomotive, your identification of your own work should be the equivalent of an artist recognizing his work. Do you have other items that would show the same type of work, quality and equipment as the models in question? As far as an item like an AC version of an ACME lok, I would not expect to find more than 50 worldwide, so one in the same area as your loss would be pretty significant.

Regards

Mike C
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mike c
Offline Mark_1602  
#104 Posted : 20 April 2018 21:06:24(UTC)
Mark_1602

Luxembourg   
Hi Marco,

If I were in your shoes, I would not try to buy back all of your stolen locos that are being auctioned on Ebay right now, but only two or three and open the parcels in the presence of the police as well as other independent witnesses to prove that your fingerprints were all over them before the seller sent them to you. That was suggested to you in a post above, and Mike has tried to tell you that that what matters in such a case is taking the right kind of action.

My idea would be to take your time to think about your hobby. MRR is supposed to be make us feel good and help us to relax in our free time. You said above that you spent 21 years collecting and converting those locos. Why not store at least some of them in your own home? I used to put some of my locos into my wardrobe, behind shirts, jumpers, underwear etc. If you don't even have the space to do that, why bother having a large collection? You won't be able to build a layout due to lack of space. I think there are lots of things that can make us happy in life apart from model trains ... This hobby is not making you happy now, so it might be the right moment to reconsider things and find the right balance ...

Best regards,

Mark
Best regards, Mark

I like Märklin items produced in the 1960s or early '70s, but also digital locos & current rolling stock.
Offline ocram63_uk  
#105 Posted : 20 April 2018 22:42:07(UTC)
ocram63_uk

United Kingdom   
Hi Mike,
I told the police that the lot I've bought could be proven to be mine with pictures that show how I did them. The reply has been 'sorry can't do', the same as for the internal fingerprints, they said that a lawyer could give the benefit of the doubt in favour of the culprit.
Yes I could report, and I have asked about reporting, to ebay but I would probably lose the items if they block the seller.
So where do I stand?

As per the size of my collection I had to have them in storage because on my return from Italy I didn't have the room to put the items. I kept them 3 years and nothing happened. I'm now moving again, I have an extra room and this is where I can put my stuff.
But at least the engines I have most cherished in the past I want back.
Happy dreams everyone
Marco
Offline mike c  
#106 Posted : 21 April 2018 17:21:31(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Marco,

If you don't want to act against the seller on ebay, please send the seller a message via ebay giving him a list of items that you would like to reacquire and ask him to list it as a lot and you will buy it all at the same time.

Regards

Mike C