Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline PeFu  
#1 Posted : 19 March 2018 18:30:15(UTC)
PeFu

Sweden   
I have a SBB Be 4/6, it’s a Roco 43926. It’s a beautiful engine, as you can see on the pic! However, I purchased it as 2nd hand back in 2003, installed a decoder and performance from the motor was terrible. It was also derailing on several of my M track turnouts. I finally removed the decoder for another loco, and didn’t use the Be 4/6 anymore...

I would now love to have a Be 4/6 running! I have found the following alternative for replacing the motor:

https://www.sb-modellbau...co-SBB-Be-4_6_neu_28034n

However, I have noted that newer three-rail Be 4/6:s from Roco have 4 axles powered, mine has only 2. As the SB-Modellbau kit cost 113 EUR + the cost for a modern decoder: Would it be better to leave the Roco 43926 for the ”museum”, and buy e.g. a newer Roco engine instead? Confused

Would anyone of my dear forum friends have any experience from a good running Roco Be 4/6? Cool

2290C8CA-26A6-4E7D-89DB-38C3396184EE.jpeg
Andreasburg-Mattiasberg Bahn is inspired by Swiss railways |Forum Thread |Track Plan |Youtube | C and K track | CS2 | TrainController Gold V10
Offline jvuye  
#2 Posted : 19 March 2018 22:45:46(UTC)
jvuye

Belgium   
Hi!
I have both the new one and the older one.
The new one is simply perfect, and not too expensive since it is now considered as an entry level model by ROCO.
Pulls 8 coaches on a 2.7% grade, with R2 radii. No sweat.
The old one was upgraded to an ESU Lokpilot years ago (V3.0) and has been performing ok since.
But no match in terms of traction.
Because it often happened in reality on the Gotthard line, I actually use it double headed with my ROCO's early brown Ce 6/8 Crocodile #14253,( I use them under DCC)
After adjusting the decoders to have more or less the same speed on all 28 speed steps, I installed a shared pick up shoe and have them semi permanently coupled .
With 8 old SBB Roco SBB coaches, I now really have a nice running ERA II SBB consist.
Hope this helps
Jacques
Jacques Vuye aka Dr.Eisenbahn
Once a vandal, learned to be better and had great success!
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by jvuye
RayFPeFuGLI
Offline PeFu  
#3 Posted : 20 March 2018 07:20:51(UTC)
PeFu

Sweden   
Originally Posted by: jvuye Go to Quoted Post
Hi!
The new one is simply perfect, and not too expensive since it is now considered as an entry level model by ROCO.

Would you know the Roco article N.o. for this new engine? Is it powered on 4 axles? Drool

Andreasburg-Mattiasberg Bahn is inspired by Swiss railways |Forum Thread |Track Plan |Youtube | C and K track | CS2 | TrainController Gold V10
Offline jvuye  
#4 Posted : 20 March 2018 11:47:11(UTC)
jvuye

Belgium   
Originally Posted by: PeFu Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: jvuye Go to Quoted Post
Hi!

Would you know the Roco article N.o. for this new engine? Is it powered on 4 axles? Drool

79431 All axles powered
Cheers
jacques
Jacques Vuye aka Dr.Eisenbahn
Once a vandal, learned to be better and had great success!
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by jvuye
Offline 5HorizonsRR  
#5 Posted : 20 March 2018 14:58:03(UTC)
5HorizonsRR

United States   
Hi- I have the newer versions in both green and brown. Like Jacques says, they both run PERFECTLY. Some of my favorite purchases in the past few years....
SBB Era 2-5
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by 5HorizonsRR