Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Timnomads  
#1 Posted : 10 March 2018 14:05:24(UTC)
Timnomads

Switzerland   
Hi All

I am in the process of installing my new CS3 and after linking it to the old CS2 and having to redo the track diagram, I have now turned my attention to the 7286 Turntable with the conversion kit. I have found a pdf from marklin where they specify in the UPDATE changes for software version 1.3.1 how to program the turntable. I am running 1.3.2 and the instructions do not work ! Cursing. I even tried the help on the CS3, but it is still in German Cursing Cursing.

Does anybody have any instructions in English on how to program in the turntable into a CS3.

Thank you in advance

Tim
Offline JohnjeanB  
#2 Posted : 15 March 2018 13:30:36(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi Tim

I only have a CS2 with a 7286 turntable
Have you tried Page 17 (German) or page 17 of English section of the document on CS3CS3 Manual

What exactly is not working? Can't you get the drop down menu?
Below is a procedure to insert a TT of the documentation above
[img=UserPostedImage]Turntable in CS3[/img]

Sorry if you already have this information.
Cheers

Jean
Offline JohnjeanB  
#3 Posted : 15 March 2018 13:46:57(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi Tim

Looking on the Stummi Forum in German Märklin Turtable decoder I found one topic and a possible solution coming from Märklin support on a 7687 and a CS3. Thanks to Alfred (Dampf1999)
The second "B" plug in the decoder must absolutely be connected to the digital signal. Even when the control lights are not used.

So it may also be your problem if you are using a 7287 decoder

Cheers

Jean

Offline Timnomads  
#4 Posted : 19 March 2018 11:55:30(UTC)
Timnomads

Switzerland   
Hi All

Thanks for your comments, the problem continues, after checking the wiring, all was found to be OK. I then again tried to program the turntable with the CS3. The CS3 seemed to take it then on completion and the pushing of the end button. It seems as though it did not memorize anything, even position one.

Now the big question. Can I use my CS2, which linked through the CS3, to program the turntable (the CS2 is able to program the turntable as this is how I programmed it before) or will this create a real balls up ? Reading on the net, it seems I am not the only one with the problem (are you listening marklin ?)

what do you think

Tim
Offline JohnjeanB  
#5 Posted : 19 March 2018 12:35:13(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi Tim

I believe programming could be done without problems from the CS2 (which seems to have a more complete s/w compared to CS3).
Once programming is done its only about graphic representation (CS2 and CS3 are very different) and operation (CS2 and CS3 send commands identical to those sent to switches).

Note: I drive my Turtable (TT) using Rocrail on my laptop connected to a CS2 through a crossover Ethernet cable. But the CS2 may configure a page for direct access to TT tracks. I also use a Digitalbahn DSD 2010 Decoder.
Hope this will help
Cheers

Jean