Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Minok  
#1 Posted : 19 February 2018 20:51:10(UTC)
Minok

United States   
I've not had a lot of experience with how model rail producers slide schedule. Having backed some KickStarter efforts know all to well about sliding delivery dates there, so I'm not unfamiliar with the concept of production problems, optimistic schedules and reality. But Roco is a long standing manufacture, using the same process and molds it has done for decades I'm told.

So when in Jan 2017 I put in an order for some Roco product to be avail in Dec 2017/Jan 2018, I figured, it would show up.
Then in early 2018 the times had shifted to CW8 of 2018 (late Feb where we now are), and a check at Roco now has it listed as CW 15/16 (mid April).

Having read about cases where some things never did get produced I'm wondering, is this really a production issue (and why slide it 2 months right at the time of the previous estimate) ? Or is there risk of this thing getting cancelled?

For those that are interested, I've got the two Kölner DUWAG Jägermeister trams on order (52580, 52581)

Link to ÷ñÒ1508687911êÖ0õæ÷www.tkt-shop.de÷ñÒ1508687911êÖ1õæ÷ image of the two trams.
Toys of tin and wood rule!
---
My Layout Thread on marklin-users.net: InterCity 1-3-4
My YouTube Channel:
https://youtube.com/@intercity134
Offline PhillipL  
#2 Posted : 19 February 2018 21:37:53(UTC)
PhillipL

United States   
I read the ROCO is up for sale again. They are still making a profit but it is not growing. I also read that they are moving production of many items from China to Vietnam due to labor costs. Unfortunately ROCO suffers from being owned by an investment group rather than the original family who started it years ago. When you don't have model railroad enthusiasts running a company like ROCO, decisions are only made strictly to maximize profit. ROCO has been delaying items for a while now, some of the 2018 items are scheduled to be produced in mid-2019!
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by PhillipL
Offline 5HorizonsRR  
#3 Posted : 19 February 2018 23:26:00(UTC)
5HorizonsRR

United States   
That tram mold has been in the catalog forever- I wouldn't worry about it as it isn't a new tooling as far as I can tell, and their delivery dates are typically much more reliable than marklin's!
SBB Era 2-5
Offline mrmarklin  
#4 Posted : 20 February 2018 04:39:33(UTC)
mrmarklin

United States   
It’s no secret that ROCO is in financial trouble. I expect that the delays are part of prioritizing production to more profitable products. Bored

From the People's Republik of Kalifornia