Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Bryan  
#1 Posted : 24 January 2018 11:47:41(UTC)
Bryan

Australia   
Dear all

I have noticed that Marklin no longer produce the analogue electro mechanical reverse units. I presume with the non production of locos like the 3000 for over 12 years now that these units have gone from Marklin stocks.
I was wondering if there is a electronic alternative available. I have noticed the Marklin Delta reverse units are available, are these an alternative.
The old reverse units seem to wear on the points and once this happens are so hard to adjust correctly. Has anyone experience in adjusting theses units.
Any advice on alternatives or adjusting existing ones would be most welcomed.

Regards
Bryan
Offline Michael4  
#2 Posted : 24 January 2018 12:31:37(UTC)
Michael4

United Kingdom   
Get yourself a supply of 3000, 3029 etc for parts. Much cheaper than buying anything new.

And, as a by product, you'll end up with dummy engines that can be used to double head goods trains.

Offline RayF  
#3 Posted : 24 January 2018 12:40:05(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Hi Bryan,

Nowadays it is cheaper to produce a digital decoder than an electro-mechanical reversing relay. The decoders are also more reliable and do the same job in analogue control.

I believe the 66032 decoder was the last delta decoder to be made by Marklin but I don't see it as available on Marklin's product detabase. Which one have you seen that is available?

Alternatively you can still find these decoders on eBay or in stock in some shops.
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
Offline ktsolias  
#4 Posted : 24 January 2018 13:32:28(UTC)
ktsolias

Greece   
All the analogue reversing units (electromagnetical, or electromechanical with electronic control, electronic, or DELTA) are out of stock for many years now.

You can find some on e-bay or special dealers but the price + post is so high....
Is justified only for some rare expensive models.

On the other hand the used ones may be are worse that those you want to replace.

So it seems that a digital conversion with a simple set like the 60760 is cheaper and better.

The only problem is that the 60760 set is only for the DCM motors. The older motors LFCM or SFCM need more expensive solutions.

Of course everybody of us has a stock of reversing units from older conversions. So if you ask in the forum what exactly are you looking for (Locos cat. No) may be somebody can give you one for just the cost of the post.

Regards

Costas
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by ktsolias
Offline kiwiAlan  
#5 Posted : 24 January 2018 14:56:04(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Bryan Go to Quoted Post
Dear all

I have noticed that Marklin no longer produce the analogue electro mechanical reverse units. I presume with the non production of locos like the 3000 for over 12 years now that these units have gone from Marklin stocks.
I was wondering if there is a electronic alternative available. I have noticed the Marklin Delta reverse units are available, are these an alternative.
The old reverse units seem to wear on the points and once this happens are so hard to adjust correctly. Has anyone experience in adjusting theses units.
Any advice on alternatives or adjusting existing ones would be most welcomed.

Regards
Bryan

Any of the Delta units will work for you. Just be a little wary of the ones with 4 DIP switches, as you will need to have all switches in the OFF position to run in analogue mode. The ones with the solder jumpers to select the digital address will run happily in analogue mode without changing anything.

I don't have a wiring diagram for these, but I am sure someone here will have one.
Offline franciscohg  
#6 Posted : 24 January 2018 16:10:01(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
Hello, if you are not interested in going fully digital, and your wonderful analog decoders are not working anymore due to material wear, i would reccommend to install uhlenbrock 76200 decoders. Still in production, around 35 euro each
Regards
UserPostedImage German trains era I-II and selected III, era depends on the mood, mostly Maerklin but i can be heretic if needed XD, heresy is no longer an issue.. LOL
Offline H0  
#7 Posted : 24 January 2018 16:21:08(UTC)
H0

Hi!

People who convert analogue locos to digital will have those MRUs and electronic reverse units on their shelves.
Maybe you can find people near you who have them.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage