Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Br01  
#1 Posted : 28 December 2017 03:31:23(UTC)
Br01

Portugal   
Hi,

Just noticed that cs3 updated from 1.3.1 to 1.3.2 sw version.
In marklin website only refers 1.3.1, wonder what are the changes..

Regards
John
4204AF7A-E4B1-4091-9F59-15B7E5291E9F.jpeg
Offline MaerklinLife  
#2 Posted : 28 December 2017 10:18:32(UTC)
MaerklinLife

Some of them

- Stability improvements
- Better user interface performance
- Better CV editing
- Dialogs that covers the screen can no longer be moved
- Overall structural changes in the software, that will make the UI more fluint
- MM2 values can now exceed 79.
- Aticle images are now drawn by the software instead of being read from SVG files. This will make the interface perform better.
- An animation when running an event would make the UI slow down. This has been fixed as well.

Other changes and fixes.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by MaerklinLife
Offline poppa-7  
#3 Posted : 31 December 2017 03:31:36(UTC)
poppa-7

Hi, Interesting but how do I get CS3 1.3.2?
Cheers
Russell
Offline clapcott  
#4 Posted : 31 December 2017 09:13:34(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Re change item .....

CV processing with blocked track logs
- If CV processing is not possible due to a blocked track protocol, this will be reported to the user. Furthermore, this was one of the causes of blockage in CV processing.

Come on Marklin, how stupid can you be!

If the protocol is not enabled, just don't make the configuration tools available !
Your solution to provide an ambulance at the bottom of the cliff and offer a belated message after the fact is just frustrating.

The fact that the CS3 CV read attempt continues in the background is just insulting.

Peter
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by clapcott
Offline MaerklinLife  
#5 Posted : 31 December 2017 09:14:27(UTC)
MaerklinLife

Plug the CS3 to your home network and wait for the update to present itself. Then update it from the system menu.
Offline MaerklinLife  
#6 Posted : 31 December 2017 09:15:58(UTC)
MaerklinLife

Originally Posted by: clapcott Go to Quoted Post

Come on Marklin, how stupid can you be!

Your ideas are usually quite good. Such a shame that you have to deliver them with such an anger...
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by MaerklinLife
Offline clapcott  
#7 Posted : 02 January 2018 03:09:04(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Re. Change item ...

New function icons for locomotive functions
The number of locomotive functions has been expanded.

Be advised that this is a work in progress.

Aside from the usual reticence in providing English translations, the icon codes for a lot of the new icons are not correctly written to mfx decoders - a config write is performed but the value is "0"'s.
Thus, while the CS3 appears to reflect the change after an edit, the loco will not reflect these if reregistered or taken to a different layout.

Translation is requested for ..
antiquierter BocksprungUserPostedImage and Zuggattung ändernUserPostedImage

Also some confusion has been introduced by moving the "Doors Closing" (as distinct from "sound of Doors Closing") and "Blowers / Fans " (As distinct from "Sound of Blowers / Fans" from the Mechanical section to the Sound section
Peter
Offline sudibarba  
#8 Posted : 15 January 2018 03:57:37(UTC)
sudibarba

United States   
Well I am not happy (who cares). I spent a lot of time trying to load mm decoders with
addresses above 79 with no success of course. I have version 1.3.1 which I uploaded by attaching
my CS3 to my router with the same cable I am using now to talk to you. I have attached the cable to
the CS3 and get no results to get to 1.3.2 which apparently addressed the above 79 address issue. Maybe
the site is down - I don't know or care to research right now.

The only reason I went to the CS2 from my 6021 was to have access to more than 80 addresses. Most of
these new sound functions are a waste of time to me. They are a pain in the ass. I went to the CS3 because
my CS2 failed but recovered 2 weeks after my CS3 came in. Anyway, how can Marklin sell a product with such
a basic programming flaw? They did not do any basic testing I guess. Someone show be held accountable.

Now, what do I do? Leave my CS3 on line or is it defective?
Thanks,
Eric

Update- I see that the 1.3.2 is not listed on the web site. How did they get it?

Edited by user 15 January 2018 19:49:43(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline NewComix  
#9 Posted : 16 January 2018 21:33:34(UTC)
NewComix

Germany   
Hi Eric,

Originally Posted by: sudibarba Go to Quoted Post
Well I am not happy (who cares). I spent a lot of time trying to load mm decoders with
addresses above 79 with no success of course. I have version 1.3.1 which I uploaded by attaching
my CS3 to my router with the same cable I am using now to talk to you. I have attached the cable to
the CS3 and get no results to get to 1.3.2 which apparently addressed the above 79 address issue. Maybe

The only reason I went to the CS2 from my 6021 was to have access to more than 80 addresses. Most of
these new sound functions are a waste of time to me. They are a pain in the ass. I went to the CS3 because
my CS2 failed but recovered 2 weeks after my CS3 came in. Anyway, how can Marklin sell a product with such
a basic programming flaw? They did not do any basic testing I guess. Someone show be held accountable.

Thanks,
Eric

Update- I see that the 1.3.2 is not listed on the web site. How did they get it?

sometimes the CS3 does not update without having a operating system update, so press Left knob + STOP to initiate the system update. Once completed it should also offer you 1.3.2.

kind regards
Jörg

Offline Minok  
#10 Posted : 17 January 2018 19:21:22(UTC)
Minok

United States   
Originally Posted by: NewComix Go to Quoted Post

sometimes the CS3 does not update without having a operating system update, so press Left knob + STOP to initiate the system update. Once completed it should also offer you 1.3.2.

kind regards
Jörg

So how does a user know that an OS update is needed? Is that different from a firmware update?
Toys of tin and wood rule!
---
My Layout Thread on marklin-users.net: InterCity 1-3-4
My YouTube Channel:
https://youtube.com/@intercity134
Offline sudibarba  
#11 Posted : 18 January 2018 03:19:16(UTC)
sudibarba

United States   
Hi Eric,

Thanks,
Eric

kind regards
Jörg

Marklin web site does not show 1.3.2 available. Am I missing something?
Thanks,
Eric
Offline kiwiAlan  
#12 Posted : 18 January 2018 14:26:11(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Hi Eric,

Thanks,
Eric

kind regards
Jörg

Thanks,
Eric

It will only download if you connect your cs3 to the internet, it has not been made available as a USB download.
Offline sudibarba  
#13 Posted : 20 January 2018 05:34:56(UTC)
sudibarba

United States   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post
Hi Eric,

Thanks,
Eric

kind regards
Jörg

Thanks,
Eric

It will only download if you connect your cs3 to the internet, it has not been made available as a USB download.

I tried that first. I never use a USB. Straight to the router. Ever since my CS2. Going to contact the boys at Marklin Digital Newsletter.
Eric
Offline sudibarba  
#14 Posted : 27 January 2018 05:06:52(UTC)
sudibarba

United States   
Hi Eric,

Thanks,
Eric

kind regards
Jörg

Thanks, I tried but did not see an update or any response from the effort.
Eric

Offline sudibarba  
#15 Posted : 27 January 2018 05:29:04(UTC)
sudibarba

United States   
So, I contacted the US Markin digital guys (dudes) but did not really get an answer I understood.
Questions:

1. is release 1.3.2 available?

2. If it is, why when I connect the cable I pull out of my PC and use it to connect to the CS3 I get no red
dot indicating a new release available?

3. I thought I was supposed to get a green dot if I was up to date - I don't.

4. Am I losing my mind?

5. 1.3.2 is suppose to allow digital addresses above 79 according to some posts. I guess I should try ones below 79
but they are full. Should try anyway I guess.

6. Loks that I brought over from the CS2 with addresses above 100 run on the CS3. I just can't load new ones
in that range.

7. MFX locs and older digital dip switch and delta loks work fine with their assigned addresses. Just plug the address in and
all is fine.

8. Will probably get a ESU programmer for about $140 for the ESU decoders I have and plan to use in the future. One of the Marklin guys said
he had one for the ESU decoders he has. I tried using my old CS2 but failed. Did not try hard and will try again. It's just a pain that
I buy new stuff and can't get it to work. Bugs or my fault I don't know.
Eric - more to come I am sure.

Edited by user 28 January 2018 00:54:02(UTC)  | Reason: spelling

Offline Br01  
#16 Posted : 05 April 2018 19:42:49(UTC)
Br01

Portugal   
Hi,

Just to add that a few months after installing this update 1.3.2 every short after derails now shuts down cs3 with a black screen. Sometimes I have to wait a while until it powers up again (seems like overheats..) . In previous versions (and with cs2) the shorts were detected and it simply made a forced stop with a warning on screen, never had complete power off.

It may be to better protect the cs3?

Regards
John

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Br01
Offline johnpatrickwack  
#17 Posted : 05 April 2018 20:25:41(UTC)
johnpatrickwack

United States   
Same experience here. I almost returned it for a new one but decided I'll wait for the next update - thought I heard that a new update is coming soon.

Marklin has come down quite a bit in my estimation for how poor a job they've done with the CS3.

Cheers, John
---
John P. Wack
Silver Spring, MD
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by johnpatrickwack