Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Rinus  
#1 Posted : 10 January 2018 16:29:13(UTC)
Rinus

Hi all,

I was planning to make a visit to the famous Spielwarenmesse in Nürnberg this year. However in the proces of ordering tickets I found out its not possible as a modelltrain enthousiast to do so. The event is mainly for business to business.

Are there ways to visit the event? Over the years I have seen many mebers positing pictures of the event so it must be possible one way or another.

Please help!

rinus
Offline TEEWolf  
#2 Posted : 10 January 2018 16:57:44(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: Rinus Go to Quoted Post
Hi all,

I was planning to make a visit to the famous Spielwarenmesse in Nürnberg this year. However in the proces of ordering tickets I found out its not possible as a modelltrain enthousiast to do so. The event is mainly for business to business.

Are there ways to visit the event? Over the years I have seen many mebers positing pictures of the event so it must be possible one way or another.

Please help!

rinus

Ask your MRR dealer, if he buys the tickets for you. Or open your own MRR business only for the trade fair time and tell them you want to purchase your first stock.

But it is correct that the fair management has a restricted entrance philosophy to keep regular customers outside the fair. They shall not see the low prices.Laugh

Serious: I do not really understand their policy, because pupils, handicaped people, etc. are allowed to visit the fair. Their argument is, if they open the fair to general public, then it will be overwhelmed by people just for looking and not for buying. But they want a buyers exhibiton. Other fairs in Germany (e.g. for cars or books) they are 2 or 3 days open only for dealers and then they open the complete exhibiton for everybody. But not so in Nuernberg.
Offline MaerklinLife  
#3 Posted : 10 January 2018 19:06:19(UTC)
MaerklinLife

IMHO the fair is not interesting at all. It is for businesses and thus arranged with that in mind. As a consumer you will quickly be bored as there is not much to look at and the exhibitors is not keen on answering consumer questions (obviously, given the purpose of the fair).

You are much better off visiting the Intermodellbau in Dortmund later in April which is the consumer oriented fair.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by MaerklinLife
Online mrmarklin  
#4 Posted : 10 January 2018 20:04:59(UTC)
mrmarklin

United States   
Originally Posted by: Rinus Go to Quoted Post
Hi all,

Please help!

rinus

Depending on your relations with your dealer you can get tickets to the fair. It is open to trade only.

Unlike what one of the posters said, the model train portion of the fair is very interesting. One is able to see all the new models after all! There are always new vendors with interesting new products and in some cases I have even bought or oredered things there!

And while in general, photos are not allowed, I have never had a problem with taking pictures in the model train section.

I've been several times and liked it every time!Cool
From the People's Republik of Kalifornia
Offline Rwill  
#5 Posted : 10 January 2018 20:10:04(UTC)
Rwill

United Kingdom   
Can you not register as a "freelance journalist" reporting for a well known modellers forum for English speakers?. A fivers worth of rapid print business cards and away you go.
Offline mike c  
#6 Posted : 10 January 2018 21:03:46(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
I think that Reynaulds in USA was selling a tour which included being included as a Reynaulds' guest at the Messe.
I think that you can check with your local dealer to see if they can make arrangements for you.

Regards

Mike C
Offline Minok  
#7 Posted : 10 January 2018 21:53:44(UTC)
Minok

United States   
From the product producers perspective, who are the ones setting up their stands, the goal is to show all of the retailers and dealers what their new product content will be for the coming year and arrange orders and gauge interest from dealers - manufacturers don't typically sell to end consumers. So crowding up the halls with people that will not contribute to the trade to dealers, and just make moving about less comfortable isn't something the manufacturers or dealers want. So I can understand that. Why they let journalists in is I suppose that they would get something out of the publicity, but if no pictures are allowed, and that may be because some items may be provisional and not finalized, then I'd expect journalists to also not be wanted.
Toys of tin and wood rule!
---
My Layout Thread on marklin-users.net: InterCity 1-3-4
My YouTube Channel:
https://youtube.com/@intercity134
Offline Rinus  
#8 Posted : 10 January 2018 22:19:49(UTC)
Rinus

I’ll usually buy at MSL. I’ll try to contact them for a ticket. And otherwise Intermodellbau is perhaps a good alternative.