Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Zme  
#1 Posted : 17 November 2017 18:16:07(UTC)
Zme

United States   
Hello everyone

It seems like over a year ago from my longtime vendor, I ordered two new z locomotives. One the new Kittel and the other the new railbus. I have checked with my vendor a few times now and I get the same answer. They are still waiting for them to come in. I trust my vendor but it has been so long I am concerned. Has anyone else experienced similar delays? Anyone know what might be going on? I know these are the ones with the new motor. Is this causing issues? ThanksBigGrin
Offline zscalehobo  
#2 Posted : 17 November 2017 19:35:23(UTC)
zscalehobo

United States   
A release from Marklin dated November 14, 2017 says:
88145 December 2017
88166 1st Quarter 2018
88171 1st Quarter 2018

And if you've been waiting for items for the past few years, they are constantly revising release dates. I don't have any confirmed reason for the delays and I would NOT venture a guess that it's related to the new motor as many releases already have the new motor. I would be more likely to think that simple production delays are the root cause.
Frank Daniels
Owner - z.scale.hobo
A Noch "Top Dealer"
Marklin Dealer and Z Locomotive Service
Irvine, California, USA
www.zscalehobo.com
Offline Zme  
#3 Posted : 18 November 2017 02:27:17(UTC)
Zme

United States   
Thanks Frank, that is exactly the schedule I was provided, but it has changed several times. I guess they are just 'building anticipation" for the release. I think the Kittel was a December 2016 release initially. December is not that far away now.

Dwight ThumpUp
Offline mnosal  
#4 Posted : 18 November 2017 05:18:27(UTC)
mnosal

Yes, delays like this are common. It took three years between announcement and delivery of the 88293 locomotive. The 88741 locomotive took 27 months between pre-order and delivery. I pre-ordered the 88145 Kittel in Feb 2016. I expect to get an estimated delivery date after my dealer visits the Toy Fair in January 2018. I wish Marklin could release items closer to their announcement dates, but I would rather they take the time to get them done right. Patience is a virtue.

Mike BigGrin
Z-scale, DRG steam from Era 2. See: zscale.tumblr.com