Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline mike c  
#1 Posted : 24 October 2017 00:26:35(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
It is being reported in the Swiss Hag Forum and on other German language forums that Piko and it's Swiss importer Arwico have announced some new models for 2018 - 2019.

The models include EWI coaches and restaurant cars in various liveries and versions as well as the RBe 4/4 and RBe 540 Triebwagen.
Here is a link to the original post in the Hag Forun: https://www.forum.hag-in...postID=135815#post135815

Production will also include a new model of the EWII BDt in green and NPZ liveries.

The EWI coaches were original available from Lima starting in the 1980s. The same molds were used to produce models by Hag. More recently, Liliput released models that were likely reverse engineered from the Lima model). The RBe 4/4 (540) was released as a model by Lima in the late 1980s, as was the BDt pilot coach with close couplings.

LS Models had previously announced future models of the RBe 4/4 (540) and the EWI Dt/DZt pilot coach as well as the EWI Restaurant cars.
How this new announcement will affect LSM's production plans is not known.

What I would like to see is for the RBe 4/4 (540) model to have a motor that is not visible through the windows. There has been a lot of progress in miniature motors since the Lima model came out over a quarter century ago. I would also like to see the model come with the closed connection to render a seamless connection between motor coach and consist.

Regards

Mike C
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by mike c
Offline 5HorizonsRR  
#2 Posted : 24 October 2017 03:02:25(UTC)
5HorizonsRR

United States   
WOW!!! Fabulous news! If the model is good (of the loco), I'll be buying more than one variant... I've been awaiting the LS one, but it never seems to be coming...
SBB Era 2-5
Offline Unholz  
#3 Posted : 24 October 2017 08:55:28(UTC)
Unholz

Switzerland   
Originally Posted by: mike c Go to Quoted Post
I would also like to see the model come with the closed connection to render a seamless connection between motor coach and consist.

Such a construction was also presented by ARWICO and PIKO in yesterday's CAD drawings.
Offline Leitner  
#4 Posted : 24 October 2017 13:14:14(UTC)
Leitner

Taiwan, Province Of China   
PIKO is working really well recently, they have very good products at cheap price, I'm looking forward to some swiss stuff.
Ep. III (My layout is set in 1962).
I collect mainly DSB, DB and SBB but I'm quite... Open minded.
I'm quite a big collector of NOHAB lok :)
Offline mike c  
#5 Posted : 24 October 2017 21:01:45(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mike c
Offline 5HorizonsRR  
#6 Posted : 24 October 2017 21:25:09(UTC)
5HorizonsRR

United States   
Originally Posted by: mike c Go to Quoted Post
http://www.arwico.ch/Portals/0/Daten/Download/RBe44%20Katalog.pdf

Enjoy

Mike C

Nice! (although annoying the NPZ livery is Switzerland-only hopefully that doesn't mean a huge price markup.)
SBB Era 2-5
Offline mike c  
#7 Posted : 25 October 2017 04:58:28(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
I think that these models are commissioned by Arwico and manufactured by Piko, much in the same way that PiRATA or Lemke commission models that are manufactured by LS Models.
The NPZ models will be released by Arwico and will not be distributed by Piko. I do not know specifics of how this is being done.
Arwico is already distributor for both Liliput and Lima, both companies with prior models of EWI coaches. Lima had previously made models of the RBe 4/4 (540) and EWII BDt pilot coach as well as the EWI Restaurant.
What would be really nice would be if Arwico/Piko released models of the BLS EWI with the prototypical narrow doors. Prior models by Hag, Lima and Liliput all had the incorrect SBB NPZ type doors.

Regards

Mike C
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mike c