Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
MrB32  
#1 Posted : 18 October 2017 02:15:50(UTC)

Hi,

i am concentrating on the Märklin production from the 1980s at the moment. I have all 1980s catalogues, but am constantly coming across models from the period that weren't listed in of the catalogues I have. I assume there must have been intermediate releases of special models that weren't included in the catalogue of the following year and that these might have been part of a spring/summer/fall/winter production cycle.

Am I correct in my assumption?
Is there any copy if these additional catalogues somewhere online?

thanks for letting me know
Offline cookee_nz  
#2 Posted : 18 October 2017 03:45:12(UTC)
cookee_nz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: MrB32 Go to Quoted Post
Hi,

i am concentrating on the Märklin production from the 1980s at the moment. I have all 1980s catalogues, but am constantly coming across models from the period that weren't listed in of the catalogues I have. I assume there must have been intermediate releases of special models that weren't included in the catalogue of the following year and that these might have been part of a spring/summer/fall/winter production cycle.

Am I correct in my assumption?
Is there any copy if these additional catalogues somewhere online?

thanks for letting me know

There are also "Export Items" and these have their own small catalogue as well. Most of the time these were free giveaways and generally not too hard to find.

But you will also sometimes get non-catalogued items either as a dealer special or advertising/ promotional wagons.

I would suggest getting a Koll's Spezial book which lists many if not all of these one-off's.

Cookee
Cookee
Wellington
NZ image
Offline mike c  
#3 Posted : 18 October 2017 04:06:00(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
In addition to the regular catalog items, there were the Export Models, which, depending on the year, had their own brochure. There were also a number of special productions for distribution networks and shops, e.g. Idee & Spiel (Germany), Franz Carl Weber (Switzerland). I know that in Canada, the distributor in the early 1980s had no clue about the Export models and this helped me at our shop as I would order some of those models for my customers directly from Europe. This helped me build the network of contacts that I still have today. Back then, there was no internet, so you had to rely on a network of dealers to mail you the actual brochure. The dealer's catalog was also a great way to find out about rare models that were not in the regular one.
Some of the Export brochures are on ebay from time to time, as well as the occasional MHI brochure. The Idee & Spiel and similar are probably harder to find.

Here is a recent dealer catalog on ebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm...-HO-Z-1-GA-/332107800021
You can also try searching on ebay.de for "Maerklin" and "Sondermodell", "SoMo", "Idee Spiel", "Siel Freizeit", "MHI", etc.

Regards

Mike C
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by mike c
Offline kiwiAlan  
#4 Posted : 18 October 2017 17:59:17(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: mike c Go to Quoted Post

You can also try searching on ebay.de for "Maerklin" and "Sondermodell", "SoMo", "Idee Spiel", "Siel Freizeit", "MHI", etc.

I think the one before MHI should be 'Spiel und Freizeit'. There is also 'Vedes' and 'MC' which is the 'Modellbahn center' part of Vedes (which like Idee und Spiel covers way more than just trains). The model train section of 'Idee und Spiel' is 'Eurotrain'.

MrB32  
#5 Posted : 19 October 2017 01:33:06(UTC)

How could I forget about Koll's books or the "Gesamtprogram" catalogues??? Sometime my brain freezes, but that's why the forum's for :)

thanks!