Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline vinder  
#1 Posted : 28 August 2017 03:31:20(UTC)
vinder

Just wanted to share the Marklin T865/4 set I completed today by getting the T800 running. javascript:insertsmiley('Cool ','/forum/Images/Emoticons/msp_cool.gif') I think this set is either the PX version from 1946 or possible a later version because the PX version may not have had the red box. Some members maybe able to assist with the identification. The T800 runs but I can not get the reversing mechanism to work. It is rather delicate so for now I just rotate the reversing gear. I have never seen one on ebay and a nice T800 loco by itself is quite expensive. This T800 has got some detail parts missing and I used some epoxy to reconstruct the few detail parts I had. Also I am missing 4 of the original round rails and had to substitute a grey Marklin rail from the same era. Anyone have an idea what it might be worth in this condition or any other comments please let me know.javascript:insertsmiley('BigGrin ','/forum/Images/Emoticons/msp_biggrin.gif')

Best Regards
AlT800 set.jpgT865-4 label.jpgT865-4 box.jpgT865-4 set.jpg
thanks 8 users liked this useful post by vinder
Offline CCS800KrokHunter3  
#2 Posted : 29 August 2017 03:09:24(UTC)
CCS800KrokHunter3

United States   
Hello,

Very nice set - I believe your dating is accurate. It's somewhere in the 1946 - 1947 range although the track is of the type they used in 1945 it seems (which was leftover pre-war stock). The new track produced in 1946/47 was all gray with no lithography or printing on the track bed. The thicker wheels and browned couplings usually indicate 1946 or 1947 instead of 1945.

It terms of value it is always subjective - the T 800 alone might be worth $350 - $500 and the set as a whole perhaps $650 - 700 USD. Certainly if you wait for the right collector it could be more.

Best,

Paul
Offline vinder  
#3 Posted : 11 September 2017 03:10:30(UTC)
vinder

Paul

Thanks for your comments and sorry for your late reply we had a major flood in Houston and did not have a chance to log in. One question would it be better to substitute the later grey track with this set? When I got the set the previous owner had mixed up a number of sets and put things in boxes in a disorganized manner. So I was not quite sure which track to use.

Best Regards
Al