Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline river6109  
#1 Posted : 20 August 2017 05:19:14(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
Hi, I could watch these videos all day long, there are a lot of train enthusiasts who give up their time to go out in sunshine or rain and take videos so we can enjoy them all over the world.

Austin is one of them and I watch his videos regular as they are announced, previous to this video he showed videos from Wales which brings back memories when we had a holiday there and got on some of the train journeys with in Wales, particular one comes into mind around Snowdonia

another personality was Michael Portello, a former British MP who saved one line from closing in the Thatcher years of Government when the Beeching report :
(Protests resulted in the saving of some stations and lines, but the majority were closed as planned, and Beeching's name remains associated with the mass closure of railways and the loss of many local services in the period that followed. A few of these routes have since reopened, some short sections have been preserved as Heritage Railways, while others have been incorporated into the National Cycle Network or used for road schemes; others now are lost to construction, simply reverted to farm land, or remain derelict.)

https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by river6109
Offline Jabez  
#2 Posted : 22 August 2017 00:53:34(UTC)
Jabez

Belgium   
Originally Posted by: river6109 Go to Quoted Post
Michael Portello, a former British MP who saved one line from closing in the Thatcher years of Government when the Beeching report :
(Protests resulted in the saving of some stations and lines, but the majority were closed as planned, and Beeching's name remains associated with the mass closure of railways and the loss of many local services in the period that followed.

I think you have got something mangled here. The Beeching Report and subsequent line closures happened more than half a century ago, in 1965, long before Maggie's or Choo-Choo Portillo's time.
Jabez

I heard that lonesome whistle blow. Hank Williams
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Jabez
Offline TEEWolf  
#3 Posted : 22 August 2017 01:56:42(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: river6109 Go to Quoted Post
Hi, I could watch these videos all day long, there are a lot of train enthusiasts who give up their time to go out in sunshine or rain and take videos so we can enjoy them all over the world.

Austin is one of them and I watch his videos regular as they are announced, previous to this video he showed videos from Wales which brings back memories when we had a holiday there and got on some of the train journeys with in Wales, particular one comes into mind around Snowdonia

Why not dreaming for your next holiday? Then not in Wales, but perhaps in Scotland? Take the Flying Scotsman there - he is waiting.

http://www.flyingscotsman.org.uk/

Have a nice trip:

A longer video

and the day has not yet ended
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by TEEWolf
Offline kiwiAlan  
#4 Posted : 22 August 2017 22:45:09(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: TEEWolf Go to Quoted Post

Why not dreaming for your next holiday? Then not in Wales, but perhaps in Scotland? Take the Flying Scotsman there - he is waiting.

Flying Scotsman is going to be in Didcot this weekend. Must go down the Railway Centre and see it.