Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline arnold894  
#1 Posted : 05 July 2017 03:01:17(UTC)
arnold894

Has anyone else had this problem or know the solution? I got three 70411 signals. Two were detected fine and I went through the setup process for each (one won't let me access the CV section to set the bounce but I can live without it for that one). The third one is the issue. It registered with the wrong icon and I made the mistake of deleting it off. Now I can't get it to find this mfx signal again. I can set the pins and then go in and set it up as a semaphore and it works but I can't get the mfx benefits. Does anyone know how to get it to register again as a new device on the CS2. My CS2 is up to date.
Thanks!
Offline clapcott  
#2 Posted : 05 July 2017 03:41:42(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Yes this is a known issue.

Especially the bit about deleting and not able to find again. What I believe is happening is that the signal itself has not been told to "go away" and as such, when a subsequent poll for "any new devices" occurs it does not think itself a candidate and does not respond

I have not bothered to work through all the ins and outs , however one action that appears to help is to use the Loco scan for missing mFX devices.
This seems to reset some logic inside the signal and when you use the "keyboard" mfx search it may burst into life

At one point I did find that a power off/power on of the CS helped. I do not know why, but as with the above "go away" not working, the CS still retains legacy references.

I cannot explain the "wrong icon" situation. that appears to be something else again as the icon should be a direct function of the product number.

You do not need mfx to set the advanced functions. the CVs can be changed using normal MM/DCC programming
Peter
Offline arnold894  
#3 Posted : 05 July 2017 04:06:29(UTC)
arnold894

I have been trying it for a few days so there have been several power downs. I tried the locomotive search and then searching for the signal twice but it still isn't doing it.
Thank you
Offline arnold894  
#4 Posted : 05 July 2017 07:51:19(UTC)
arnold894

Got it to work, set it to DCC then searched and it came up