Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline eduard71  
#1 Posted : 26 April 2012 03:38:03(UTC)
eduard71

Chile   
Hi,
I have the 39970 maintenance car and I use a MS2 controller to test it from time to time. the MFX decoder is recognized but when I go to the database and select the 39970 number in order to obtain the FX functions to control the movements of the platform and the pantograph it does not work. I have reviewed the number and it is 71 and all symbols are there but I just can´t make it work.
I tested the model also with my MS1 and all functions works fine. Also with my CS2 it works fine.
My MS2 has been updated with the CS2 to the last software version, also the control box.
Does anyone has experience this problem?

Regards,
Eduardo
Offline Dave Banks  
#2 Posted : 28 April 2012 11:15:48(UTC)
Dave Banks

Australia   
Edwardo, try address 70 in other screen with 4 functions. If you type in the search 39970 with say 25 topics you will get your answer.
D.A.Banks
Offline Cmondialo  
#3 Posted : 18 June 2017 22:56:32(UTC)
Cmondialo

United States   
I have been searching aimlessly to get the special functions f1*-f4* on the ms2. I have tried addresses 70 & 71. All other functions work great in mfx but I have no idea of how to actuate the panto and platform. Any wisdom is appreciated. I only have the ms2 no other controllers. Thanks
C
Offline H0  
#4 Posted : 19 June 2017 07:59:20(UTC)
H0

Hi!
Originally Posted by: Cmondialo Go to Quoted Post
I only have the ms2 no other controllers.
Make sure the fx loco entry is the first at the bottom of the screen.
See this blog post:
http://blog.mailez.de/eb...n-with-mobile-station-2/

And don't forget to pull out the wallwart after selecting the fx address on the first position.

Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline Cmondialo  
#5 Posted : 19 June 2017 16:13:09(UTC)
Cmondialo

United States   
Excellent thought. I tried moving the 4 extra channels of the 39970 address 71 to the first slot. Made the 39970 base controls speed etc slot two. I am actually running only mfx. I deleted my older delta. I can hear the panto trying to retract more even though it's down whenever I change off stop to run. Never raises. And FYI it is unlocked. When I did a search I get a dcc in slot one I assume that's the 39970 although it's not coming in as address 71. So I do have to move it there. No success yet I'll keep trying.
Offline Cmondialo  
#6 Posted : 19 June 2017 16:24:22(UTC)
Cmondialo

United States   
Should have added if anyone has a system working on a ms2 would love any screen caps or settings u r running. Tried a search w mfx only still shows as dcc. Get three lights flashing on the track digital switches as it finds the dcc. Not sure if that's important

thanks to all
Offline H0  
#7 Posted : 19 June 2017 16:50:46(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: Cmondialo Go to Quoted Post
When I did a search I get a dcc in slot one I assume that's the 39970 although it's not coming in as address 71.
The search function works somewhat reliable for fx locos where F0 controls light bulbs.
In other cases you can get many false readings.

The pantograph only knows on and off, up and down. A spring should pull it up, a nylon string should pull it down.

The platform should move when you turn the speed knob after selecting one of the functions that control the platform. Did you try that?
If you can hear a reaction from the pantograph button, then maybe the decoder is configured correctly.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline Goofy  
#8 Posted : 19 June 2017 17:56:07(UTC)
Goofy

I did read in the manual.
It also stand never set the loco decoder and the functions decoder in the same adress!
You did not set it in the same adress?
H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline Cmondialo  
#9 Posted : 19 June 2017 20:26:23(UTC)
Cmondialo

United States   
I will try to take a look at the spring

Speed knob doesn't seem to do anything. When I change from stop to run I hear the piezo but the spring never pulls anything up.

On the second note above. The train is mainly on address 70 but a second search put another access on 0 which I converted to 71 but odd as as I deleted all protocols other than mfx and the train second address shows as dcc
Offline Cmondialo  
#10 Posted : 20 June 2017 21:04:58(UTC)
Cmondialo

United States   
I just read about cv and pom should those be set in address 70 to reference address 71. I'm a bit gray as to the values that should. I understand referencing it but is both Pom and cv set to 71. Then under address 71 do they reference back to 70. Lol fun with codes!!!!. This seems to be for a double header control but is something needed in the 39970??? Still odd to me that the search came up with the second address as a dcc????
Offline Cmondialo  
#11 Posted : 20 June 2017 21:17:53(UTC)
Cmondialo

United States   
Well the answer is programming manually as mm2 and having the address set at 71. Pom and cv not required. Works like a dream. Wow wish marklin would have documented that somewhere vs trial and error. But at least that should help the next person on an ms2.