Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline RDRBerry  
#1 Posted : 22 May 2017 20:16:28(UTC)
RDRBerry

As someone who holidays there every years, I have been exited by the 141TC Hornby have produced under the Jouef brand but alas no signs of any AC versions .

Wonderful looking model though .

Are we devoid of anything other than mega costly Roco or ex DR locos ..???

Any good shops to browse ..?

Any tips much appreciated ..Limoges or Bordeaux I may be able to visit...

Thanks
Ralph
HO digital ,Intellibox and 6021
Offline mike c  
#2 Posted : 23 May 2017 15:32:26(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
3 Rail AC has traditionally not been a big competitor in the French market, which was dominated by Jouef, Hornby Acho and other companies making 2 Rail DC models.
Recently, there have been a number of new manufacturers, like LS Models, REE, etc and many of these new models are available in both DC and AC variants.

I do know of a few times where models of the 141R have been converted to 3 Rail AC, so it is possible.

I guess that a search for shops in Linoges or Bordeaux should start with a visit to lsmodel.com, REE and Jouef to see what dealers are listed.
You can also check to see what may appear on Marklin.fr as this would list dealers that stock Maerklin in France.

There is a place in Bordeaux called "Verduin" according to LSM and a place called Minimodels in Limoges (Google).
Search for modelisme, trains miniatures and the city name on Google

Regards

Mike C
Offline JohnjeanB  
#3 Posted : 24 May 2017 13:39:38(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi,

French OO or HO gauge in 3 rails -especially in the period 1948 to 1960- was for connaisseurs and brands with reduced production outputs:
- JEP (two 3 rail steam locomotives)
- VB (they created a track which inspired Marklin for their modell track, only electric and diesel locomotives)
- ANTAL
- TAB
- La maison des Trains

See an interesting website giving you an idea of some of this productionwebsite Here
Look at the bottom of start page, there is a table of key manufacturers and some productions

Cheers

Jean

My train:
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by JohnjeanB
Offline RDRBerry  
#4 Posted : 25 May 2017 22:44:30(UTC)
RDRBerry

Many thanks both of you, I love that site. I think finding a source of conversion is the thing to do....
Ralph
HO digital ,Intellibox and 6021
Offline danmarklinman  
#5 Posted : 26 May 2017 14:23:15(UTC)
danmarklinman

United Kingdom   
Hi Ralph, Not sure were Mike got the idea about three rail in France, but you can actually get quite a bit for the Marklin system. The Hornby Jouef 141r is a very nice model I here. And it is available as a 3 rail digital HJ2149 model. Here's a link- Jouef models, for Pierre Dominique-
http://www.pierredominiq..._locomotives-vapeur.html
REE do a lot of three rail models, but all have a large minimum radius. Of course Roco have made a 231g Nord Pacific. You can still buy new models of these on eBay.de
http://m.ebay.de/itm/Roc...03ffff4ff5%257Ciid%253A2
Hope this helps. I am a French rail fan myself. Although Marklin have only made Ex DR sncf locos, they have hinted two years ago about making a 241 A mountain? Time will tell if the will produce this beautiful machine👍😍

Edited by user 26 May 2017 18:55:37(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Marklin and Piko era 4 SNCB , Marklin wagons
Wiking model car Fan
Faller fan including car system
Instagram: marklin1978
Wiking fan
Offline jvuye  
#6 Posted : 26 May 2017 19:49:52(UTC)
jvuye

Belgium   
Originally Posted by: danmarklinman Go to Quoted Post
...Hi Ralph, Not sure were Mike got the idea about three rail in France, but you can actually get quite a bit for the Marklin system. The Hornby Jouef 141r is a very nice model I here. And it is available as a 3 rail digital HJ2149 model. Here's a link- Jouef models, for Pierre Dominique-
REE do a lot of three rail models, but all have a large minimum radius. Of course Roco have made a 231g Nord Pacific. You can still buy new models of these on eBay.de
Hope this helps. I am a French rail fan myself. Although Marklin have only made Ex DR sncf locos, they have hinted two years ago about making a 241 A mountain? Time will tell if the will produce this beautiful machine👍😍

The Roco 231G is very nice and sold at a fairly affordable price. It is a super nicely detailed model, with remarkable running characteristics and good pulling power: 1à coaches, no sweat.
It is however limited in available functions: just front lights. That's it. But R1 no problem!
On teh other hand I refraines from the REE steam lok , among other reasons mainly for the large radius issue.
I alos have ROCO's 2D2 old timer electric and thier beautiful CC 6500. All great engines and perfectly Märklin compatible as long as you use the Roco-Märklin compatible short couplers.
But I got their CC 7100 electric, and that **is** a marvel! All functions are impeccably executed.
Just needed slight axles re-gauging to accept the 360 mm/R1 radius.
I love that machine! I suspect it comes from the same Chinese(?) manufacturer as ESU locos. But it is stunning in all aspects!!
Cheers
Jacques
Jacques Vuye aka Dr.Eisenbahn
Once a vandal, learned to be better and had great success!
Offline danmarklinman  
#7 Posted : 27 May 2017 10:10:55(UTC)
danmarklinman

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: jvuye Go to Quoted Post
...Hi Ralph, Not sure were Mike got the idea about three rail in France, but you can actually get quite a bit for the Marklin system. The Hornby Jouef 141r is a very nice model I here. And it is available as a 3 rail digital HJ2149 model. Here's a link- Jouef models, for Pierre Dominique-

The Roco 231G is very nice and sold at a fairly affordable price. It is a super nicely detailed model, with remarkable running characteristics and good pulling power: 1à coaches, no sweat.
It is however limited in available functions: just front lights. That's it. But R1 no problem!
On teh other hand I refraines from the REE steam lok , among other reasons mainly for the large radius issue.
I alos have ROCO's 2D2 old timer electric and thier beautiful CC 6500. All great engines and perfectly Märklin compatible as long as you use the Roco-Märklin compatible short couplers.
But I got their CC 7100 electric, and that **is** a marvel! All functions are impeccably executed.
Just needed slight axles re-gauging to accept the 360 mm/R1 radius.
I love that machine! I suspect it comes from the same Chinese(?) manufacturer as ESU locos. But it is stunning in all aspects!!
Cheers
Jacques

Hi Jacques, the 7100. Is this a REE product? I have seen these and they really are a stunning model. But I thought it would not go round 36 curves?
Marklin and Piko era 4 SNCB , Marklin wagons
Wiking model car Fan
Faller fan including car system
Instagram: marklin1978
Wiking fan
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by danmarklinman
Offline jvuye  
#8 Posted : 27 May 2017 10:31:06(UTC)
jvuye

Belgium   

Hi Jacques, the 7100. Is this a REE product? I have seen these and they really are a stunning model. But I thought it would not go round 36 curves?

Hi!
Yes the CC 7100 is an REE product.
But the 3 rail version comes originally with a 2 rail spec wheel spacing (14.2 mm) .
All I had to do was to re-gauge to 13.8 mm (3 rail specification) and everything was fine.
This is why I also believe it's produced in the same factories as ESU's locos : they show the same spec deviation.
I have written a note/suggestion to REE on this topic.
No reaction so far.
Cheers
Jacques
Jacques Vuye aka Dr.Eisenbahn
Once a vandal, learned to be better and had great success!
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by jvuye