Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Kva  
#1 Posted : 25 May 2017 00:10:56(UTC)
Kva

Norway   
Trying to fix a 3005 with most ofte wiring come loose from the soldering points. Anybody know if the wires coming from the stator windings is to be soldered directly to the brush-holders or on the outside of the condensators? Also, how to mount the brushes? There seems to be two different ( carbon and brass) which goes where? 20170524_233228.jpg20170524_233043.jpg
Offline dominator  
#2 Posted : 25 May 2017 05:56:16(UTC)
dominator

New Zealand   
brushes I can answer now. Wiring i WILLHAVE TO LOOK AT MY LOCO.

THE BRush springs Is like a straight pc of wire which engages with the slot on the end of the black carbon brush. The other wire spring hass a right angle bend in the end which engages with the centre of the copper brush.
Looks like you will need a new reversing unit and a pick shoe as well.

Any chance of a more detailed set of pictures so we can better see the wiring.
Dereck
Northland. NZ REMEMBER 0228 for ä
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by dominator
Kva
Offline cookee_nz  
#3 Posted : 25 May 2017 08:38:03(UTC)
cookee_nz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: Kva Go to Quoted Post
Trying to fix a 3005 with most ofte wiring come loose from the soldering points. Anybody know if the wires coming from the stator windings is to be soldered directly to the brush-holders or on the outside of the condensators? Also, how to mount the brushes? There seems to be two different ( carbon and brass) which goes where?

Hi KVA,

The broken wire should solder directly to the blob of solder on the left side (forward) brush holder. I think you will find the small yellow/brown condenser is wired between the same brush-holder to the loco chassis for noise suppression.

Your reverse unit has certainly seen better days, although a dedicated enthusiast might be able to make it serviceable again ((I would try for sure if it was mine). The bit that's all bent out of shape and sticking out is the interrupter - designed to prevent the sudden jerk from the reversing impulse - great when they work but what a mission to get adjusted correctly.

Also, your pickup shoe is looking equally sad but again with fine needle-nosed pliers you should be able to get the leaf-springs somewhat straight or just replace it.

I note you are missing the front pony-truck / bogie, and also a screw for the rear wheel coupling rod.

Maybe you have these already?, if you don't, should not be hard to find.

Hope this helps

Steve
Cookee
Wellington
NZ image
Offline Kva  
#4 Posted : 25 May 2017 12:16:42(UTC)
Kva

Norway   
Thanks for info. That means for the brudhes the carbon in the front hole. I dont understandwhy two different type of brushes though.

For the connection to the motor I understand it as on attached picture. Corect?

The sliding shoe underneath the loco was easy to fix.

The reversin mechanism I think is nothing wrong with. Only the thin metal plate on top bendt upwards. However I dont understand the function of this thin plate

20170525_115934.jpg20170525_113946.jpg20170525_113828.jpg
Offline river6109  
#5 Posted : 25 May 2017 17:55:24(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
you will find one brush is carbon (black and the other brass (copper), when you look at the springs they are different at the end, one is flat (carbon brush) and the other has a 90° angle at the end (copper brush)
reversing unit( I think it had the bomb) if there is someone closer to you who could send you one for free. I would also check the wheel arrangement and make sure they are all lined up properly.

John
https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode