Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline mb300e4m  
#1 Posted : 09 May 2017 17:29:12(UTC)
mb300e4m

Does anyone know if Gaugemaster DCC23 decoders will work with a Marklin CS2 or 3+

Here are the specifications of the DCC23:
Most suited to N Gauge locomotives. Key features of this standard decoder include smooth operation, 14/28 speed steps, plug and play, transponder id-equipped, all mode programming, decoder reset CV, motor isolation protection, advanced consisting, 2 and 4 digit addressing and DCC compatibility This decoder is rated at 1 amp (2 amp peak) with 2 functions at 0.5 amps and measures 10.6 x 8.7 x 2.86mm

Thanks, this is for a friend.

Peter B.
Peter B.
In Sunny Florida most of the time.
Marklin, Trix Express, Trix Twin, Fleischmann, Liliput, Hornby Dublo, and Others, 2 & 3 Rail, AC, DC and Digital, Course Scale Wheels & Fine, 1935 to 1960s usually.
Offline franciscohg  
#2 Posted : 09 May 2017 21:44:09(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
Hi, should be no problem, both centrals speaks DCC, the problem could be motor comsuption, but for instance a LP V4.0 is rated for 1.1 A.
UserPostedImage German trains era I-II and selected III, era depends on the mood, mostly Maerklin but i can be heretic if needed XD, heresy is no longer an issue.. LOL
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by franciscohg
Offline mb300e4m  
#3 Posted : 09 May 2017 22:38:26(UTC)
mb300e4m

Originally Posted by: franciscohg Go to Quoted Post
Hi, should be no problem, both centrals speaks DCC, the problem could be motor consumption, but for instance a LP V4.0 is rated for 1.1 A.

Thanks very much Francisco, I will pass on the information to my friend. He has two N gauge locos fitted with these decoders, so I doubt the motor amperage will be a problem.

Peter B. BigGrin
Peter B.
In Sunny Florida most of the time.
Marklin, Trix Express, Trix Twin, Fleischmann, Liliput, Hornby Dublo, and Others, 2 & 3 Rail, AC, DC and Digital, Course Scale Wheels & Fine, 1935 to 1960s usually.
Offline franciscohg  
#4 Posted : 10 May 2017 00:55:36(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
AhhhhhhhhhhLOL of course, for some reason i thought he wamted to fit them in h0 locos...0
UserPostedImage German trains era I-II and selected III, era depends on the mood, mostly Maerklin but i can be heretic if needed XD, heresy is no longer an issue.. LOL