Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline bobsr  
#1 Posted : 07 May 2017 01:07:26(UTC)
bobsr

United States   
I found these two cars in my collection, and I am selling a bunch of rolling stock from various brands that have been collected over time.

But these two I have no idea about, and they are really good cars.

Here they are: http://flocking.smugmug....ed-nice-HO-Cars/n-LbMHrZ

The crane car has two manual controls: 1 for the boom itself, which has a hook, and can be controlled up and down.The other control is for a special hook which lowers independently of the boom. There are also four "leveling" feet that swing out from both sides of the car platform which, like real cranes, are used to make it more stable. It turns 360 degres. It's German graphics on the car, and some are very small, but nicely done. Not sure why there is no manufacturers name on it, or how old it might be. Mostly plastic with metal trucks and hook chain mechanisms. No box.

The box car is heavy metal with no sliding doors, but really well made. It weighs about 1/2 lb! Car graphics say SNCF, so I assume it might be French. Has smaller couplers than my older VB cars. Like new. Probably not used very much if at all, but No box.

Would appreciate your comments.

Thanks.

Offline mike c  
#2 Posted : 07 May 2017 01:49:52(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Hi Bob,

I am pretty sure that the crane is a Liliput model. I don't know who makes the box car.

Regards

Mike C
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mike c
Offline kamstutz  
#3 Posted : 07 May 2017 02:24:11(UTC)
kamstutz

United States   
Originally Posted by: bobsr Go to Quoted Post
I found these two cars in my collection, and I am selling a bunch of rolling stock from various brands that have been collected over time.

The box car is heavy metal with no sliding doors, but really well made. It weighs about 1/2 lb! Car graphics say SNCF, so I assume it might be French. Has smaller couplers than my older VB cars. Like new. Probably not used very much if at all, but No box.

Bob - Just a quick Google search on the box car markings lead me to the French manufacturer SMCF ("Super Modèles de Chemin de Fer"). You can find your wagon here about 3/4 down the page. http://www.blechundguss.ch/307.html

Kurt
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kamstutz
Offline bobsr  
#4 Posted : 07 May 2017 03:44:01(UTC)
bobsr

United States   
Originally Posted by: mike c Go to Quoted Post
Hi Bob,

I am pretty sure that the crane is a Liliput model. I don't know who makes the box car.

Regards

Mike C

Hello Mike,

Thanks. I will see if I can locate it. It's a nice car. Best, Bob

Offline bobsr  
#5 Posted : 07 May 2017 03:59:06(UTC)
bobsr

United States   
Originally Posted by: kamstutz Go to Quoted Post

Bob - Just a quick Google search on the box car markings lead me to the French manufacturer SMCF ("Super Modèles de Chemin de Fer"). You can find your wagon here about 3/4 down the page. http://www.blechundguss.ch/307.html

Kurt

Hello Kurt,

How are things in Florida? Thanks for the info. I have some SMCF passenger cars up for sale at the moment, and I looked at the couplers on them but they didn't match the box car. I thought it might be VB or SMCF but really didn't look too hard.

I have a bunch of VB track and catenary up for sale on this forum as well. I ran all my 50's Marklin on that great VB track and used their catenary to work with my Marklin catenary and 3 rail track.. You might want to have a look at it. I think you are in to the 1950's stuff, and the VB track and system is very versatile and I liked it better than the Marklin. If you have a layout, you might consider buying it. I don't think they ever sold a lot of VB in the USA. It is really a beautiful looking system when set up and running.

Thanks again for the details on the SMCF car. It's heavy, high quality stuff. Kind of like those 1950's Cadillacs!

Best, Bob

Offline Michael4  
#6 Posted : 07 May 2017 10:08:33(UTC)
Michael4

United Kingdom   

The crane car has two manual controls: 1 for the boom itself, which has a hook, and can be controlled up and down.The other control is for a special hook which lowers independently of the boom. There are also four "leveling" feet that swing out from both sides of the car platform which, like real cranes, are used to make it more stable. It turns 360 degres. It's German graphics on the car, and some are very small, but nicely done. Not sure why there is no manufacturers name on it, or how old it might be. Mostly plastic with metal trucks and hook chain mechanisms. No box.

I have a battered version of that crane, I think quite a lot older with less detail and suffering terminal zincpest to its chassis. It sits in a very old Liliput box which fits it perfectly...therefore I assume...

Offline GNAM  
#7 Posted : 07 May 2017 11:49:48(UTC)
GNAM

France   
On the authentic SMCF, the mark is engraved underneath. If not, it's a pirate production with the original molds. It happens sometimes.

The crane is Liliput.

GNAM
Offline bobsr  
#8 Posted : 07 May 2017 15:40:06(UTC)
bobsr

United States   
Originally Posted by: Michael4 Go to Quoted Post

I have a battered version of that crane, I think quite a lot older with less detail and suffering terminal zincpest to its chassis. It sits in a very old Liliput box which fits it perfectly...therefore I assume...

Hello Michael,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, it appears to be Liliput and I saw a bunch on ebayfr.to confirm.
Offline bobsr  
#9 Posted : 07 May 2017 15:45:23(UTC)
bobsr

United States   
Originally Posted by: GNAM Go to Quoted Post
On the authentic SMCF, the mark is engraved underneath. If not, it's a pirate production with the original molds. It happens sometimes.

The crane is Liliput.

GNAM

Hello GNAM,

Thanks for the information. The crane I did find on ebayfr from Liliput. The unmarked wagon I guess could be from anywhere, but it is nicely done. But the graphics are all put on not 100% straight. But it is all metal and heavy, weighs 1/2 pound.