Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline danmarklinman  
#1 Posted : 01 May 2017 22:49:51(UTC)
danmarklinman

United Kingdom   
I see that, Roco have released a new model of an SNCF bb26000 Sybic, and a new and updated model of a bb22200, sncf duel voltage loco. All this I'm sure is exciting for those who are Roco fans. But I have to ask, Why have they chosen a Sybic. This loco has been done so much by other makes?? And if you have a French outline layout, the chances are you have one, or more.
I have two perfectly good Marklin ones? I would like to ask Roco.
WHAT are you doing???
I have my eye on one of there's French diesels and a Belgium electric. so I'm not against buying Roco at all.
So, For instance. There are so many different French or other locos which run in France and have not been done, or at least for some time. Piko, Jouef and Marklin all have good models of the Sybic.
why not produce a SNCF bb36000 astride, used not only in France, but in Belgium and Italy as they are multi-voltage, and only made in the past by Jouef. And only in dc. Or a SNCB 1300/3000 multi-voltage for Belgium overhead and French+CFL as yet only made in a short production run by LSmodels and sold out straight away??
Of cause there are modern French rail cars, diesels and electric s which have not been done at all? But don't run in other country's And therefore reduces your sales area in this ever shrinking hobby.
The Sybic only runs in France to its borders and you could park it next to Belgium, Swiss, German and Italian. Locos. If you want, as I do.
But my main point to sum up. Why are they chasing Sales by other makes already done and sold. Instead of producing something brand new and yet unmade or unavailable.
http://www.railway.fr/
Here's pictures of the SNCB 1300, CFL 3000 and SNCF bb 36000 astride.

Marklin and Piko era 4 SNCB , Marklin wagons
Wiking model car Fan
Faller fan including car system
Instagram: marklin1978
Wiking fan
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by danmarklinman
Offline mike c  
#2 Posted : 03 May 2017 07:58:47(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Originally Posted by: danmarklinman Go to Quoted Post
I see that, Roco have released a new model of an SNCF bb26000 Sybic, and a new and updated model of a bb22200, sncf duel voltage loco. All this I'm sure is exciting for those who are Roco fans. But I have to ask, Why have they chosen a Sybic. This loco has been done so much by other makes?? And if you have a French outline layout, the chances are you have one, or more.
I have two perfectly good Marklin ones? I would like to ask Roco.
WHAT are you doing???
I have my eye on one of there's French diesels and a Belgium electric. so I'm not against buying Roco at all.
So, For instance. There are so many different French or other locos which run in France and have not been done, or at least for some time. Piko, Jouef and Marklin all have good models of the Sybic.
why not produce a SNCF bb36000 astride, used not only in France, but in Belgium and Italy as they are multi-voltage, and only made in the past by Jouef. And only in dc. Or a SNCB 1300/3000 multi-voltage for Belgium overhead and French+CFL as yet only made in a short production run by LSmodels and sold out straight away??
Of cause there are modern French rail cars, diesels and electric s which have not been done at all? But don't run in other country's And therefore reduces your sales area in this ever shrinking hobby.
The Sybic only runs in France to its borders and you could park it next to Belgium, Swiss, German and Italian. Locos. If you want, as I do.
But my main point to sum up. Why are they chasing Sales by other makes already done and sold. Instead of producing something brand new and yet unmade or unavailable.
http://www.railway.fr/

Dan,

Simple...

1) SNCB 1300/CFL 3000 were available/announced from LSM as far back as 2004. I believe that they also announced a model of the SNCF 36000.

2) SNCF 36000 and variants are available from Hornby-Jouef.

Roco definitely is not going to decide on a model because Maerklin made an AC model.
Right now, the model train companies are fighting for market share in a number of countries.
ACME made a major play for eastern Europe, focusing on Czech, Polish, Romanian and other markets.
Rivarossi has also announced from Eastern European models.

Piko has made a major play for the French market and Roco has followed suite. The French market is going to be a hot one, as Roco, Piko, LSM, REE, Hornby Jouef and a few more companies duke it out.

So, I think that French modelers will be happy to see a more detailed model than the Maerklin metal model and to have a model with modern digital functions. Most of them will opt for 2 Rail DCC and what Maerklin has put out for AC modelers will only be a footnote.

If you want a SNCB or CFL Lok, there are still a number to be found here and there. Just because a company sold it's stock, it does not mean that there are still not models in stock at shops.

Regards

Mike C
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mike c