Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline skeeterbuck  
#1 Posted : 21 December 2016 14:37:14(UTC)
skeeterbuck

United States   
Well, I've been looking for the Faller B-215 for some time and I came across this one and decided to "pull the trigger" and join the owners club. BigGrin
It's not perfect but for $21 including shipping I thought it was a very good price on this hard to find item. I was lucky to find it as the words "Faller and "B-215" were no where to be found in the listing. This looks to me to maybe be one of the kits that was originally factory assembled. As you can see from the listing the lower part of the stair railing is missing as well as the sign. These were the only two things I noticed so far. I give it a better going over once it arrives. I cautioned the seller to "pack it carefully" and I hope they heed my request.Unsure

I've already emailed Marco our resident expert on all things Faller it the hopes he can offer some help.

Chuck

http://www.ebay.com/itm/...p;_trksid=p2047675.l2557
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by skeeterbuck
Offline seatrains  
#2 Posted : 22 December 2016 04:07:31(UTC)
seatrains

United States   
You stole it. 😀 Good thing I didn't see it. I have found a number of buildings and structures this way 👍
Thom
European Train Enthusiast - Pacific Northwest Chapter
4th Division, Pacific Northwest Region, National Model Railroaders Association
Offline skeeterbuck  
#3 Posted : 22 December 2016 16:29:50(UTC)
skeeterbuck

United States   
Originally Posted by: seatrains Go to Quoted Post
You stole it. 😀 Good thing I didn't see it. I have found a number of buildings and structures this way 👍

Well...that remains to be seen. Wink I report back once I receive it then I'll know for sure how well I did.

Since my original post I've been wondering if I can get replacement parts from Faller for this since they re-issued this kit back in 2006. I guess I'd need a copy of the instructions from the 2006 version to get the part numbers for the railings and signs. Any help from any forum members on obtaining a copy would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Chuck
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by skeeterbuck
Offline kiwiAlan  
#4 Posted : 23 December 2016 00:15:39(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: skeeterbuck Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: seatrains Go to Quoted Post

Well...that remains to be seen. Wink I report back once I receive it then I'll know for sure how well I did.

Since my original post I've been wondering if I can get replacement parts from Faller for this since they re-issued this kit back in 2006. I guess I'd need a copy of the instructions from the 2006 version to get the part numbers for the railings and signs. Any help from any forum members on obtaining a copy would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Chuck

You can probably download the instructions from the Faller web site - Hmm just did a browse around and can't find any instruction sheets. I know they used to have some.

Offline skeeterbuck  
#5 Posted : 23 December 2016 13:04:38(UTC)
skeeterbuck

United States   
Alan,

I was able to locate it here: http://www.faller.de/xs_...tungen/141072_anl_01.pdf

I did a search on the Faller site using the item number and then when that came up there was a link at the bottom to a PDF file for the instructions.

Hope this helps!

Chuck
Offline kiwiAlan  
#6 Posted : 23 December 2016 17:41:35(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Alan,

I was able to locate it here: http://www.faller.de/xs_...tungen/141072_anl_01.pdf

I did a search on the Faller site using the item number and then when that came up there was a link at the bottom to a PDF file for the instructions.

Hope this helps!

Chuck

Ah, OK. I didn't have the re-issue catalog number, and looking through the items I couldn't find it.

Pity it doesn't give the sprue numbers, the numbers in the contents list might be sprue numbers, but I thought they had a longer number to represent the die number. Then you need to identify each sprue with its number, which you can't get from the photos.

Offline skeeterbuck  
#7 Posted : 23 January 2017 13:19:13(UTC)
skeeterbuck

United States   
Well... I contacted Faller in the hope that they would have the the railing parts that I need for the stairs in stock. Unfortunatly, they said that all the parts for the re-issued item #141092 were depleted. Sad Oh well it was worth a try. I also sent a PM to our resident Faller expert Marco but I didn't get a reply. I hope he's OK.

If any other members know of another kit with similar parts or have any ideas how I could replicate/replace the railing please let me know.

Thanks!

Chuck
Offline kweekalot  
#8 Posted : 28 January 2017 13:52:27(UTC)
kweekalot

Netherlands   
I also sent a PM to our resident Faller expert Marco but I didn't get a reply. Chuck

Chuck, if you have a mrr question please don't sent PM's (to me) but just ask your question on the forum.
I don't want to seem arrogant but to be honest, I hardly never respond to PM's.
I'm a member of at least 40 forums, angling, admin, hosting, mrr etc.
It's already hard enough to keep track of these forums, let alone to answer all pm's (which are almost always spam or do you want to buy questions and such).

Now back to your B-215
You can find dozens of B-214/215 on a swapmeets for a few euros (€ 1 / € 5)
But these often lack parts like the the handrails and such.
If you buy 2 or 3 you can swap parts and make one good model.
I have often done that with several different models.

I hope this will help you further.

Marco
Offline skeeterbuck  
#9 Posted : 29 January 2017 05:32:26(UTC)
skeeterbuck

United States   
Hi Marco, no problem about replying to my PM's, I understand. ThumpUp

As to finding the B214/215's at swat meets etc. I't s rather more difficult in the States as opposed to Europe where I'm sure they're much more common. I have been looking on Ebay but all the ones I've seen so far are either too expensive to "Part out" or the railing is broken like mine. I've also noticed that the railings as well as some of the other kit parts come in more that one color with compounds the problem. Oh well I just have to keep 'beating those bushes" in the hopes of finding one. Wink

Chuck
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by skeeterbuck
Offline kiwiAlan  
#10 Posted : 29 January 2017 14:58:05(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Hi Marco, no problem about replying to my PM's, I understand. ThumpUp

As to finding the B214/215's at swat meets etc. I't s rather more difficult in the States as opposed to Europe where I'm sure they're much more common. I have been looking on Ebay but all the ones I've seen so far are either too expensive to "Part out" or the railing is broken like mine. I've also noticed that the railings as well as some of the other kit parts come in more that one color with compounds the problem. Oh well I just have to keep 'beating those bushes" in the hopes of finding one. Wink

Chuck

You could always have some preiserlings doing repairs on the railing ...
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan