Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline JGM  
#1 Posted : 28 December 2016 04:09:22(UTC)
JGM

Canada   
Are there many modelers in the Kelowna BC area I would like to contact getting back into Marklin
Offline Roland  
#2 Posted : 28 December 2016 04:38:50(UTC)
Roland

Canada   
I think I've seen a member here on the forums with Kelowna as their location. In case you're not aware, Euro Rail Hobbies, a Marklin dealer, has recently moved to Summerland BC, not far from Kelowna.
My Layout Build | Märklin CS3+ | K-track | Merkur | Viessmann | LDT | iTrain | Modeling DB + SBB
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Roland
Offline dickinsonj  
#3 Posted : 30 December 2016 01:46:09(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
Originally Posted by: Roland Go to Quoted Post
In case you're not aware, Euro Rail Hobbies, a Marklin dealer, has recently moved to Summerland BC, not far from Kelowna.

And Euro Rail Hobbies is not just a great place to buy Märklin stuff, the owner, Walter Menzel is very knowledgeable, helpful and friendly. I strongly recommend that you pay them a visit.

I wish I were that close to their new store - IMO it is one of the best Märklin sources in North America.
Regards,
Jim

I have almost all Märklin and mostly HO, although I do have a small number of Z gauge trains!
So many trains and so little time.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by dickinsonj
Offline Thewolf  
#4 Posted : 30 December 2016 16:10:04(UTC)
Thewolf

Canada   
Originally Posted by: dickinsonj Go to Quoted Post
In case you're not aware, Euro Rail Hobbies, a Marklin dealer, has recently moved to Summerland BC, not far from Kelowna.

And Euro Rail Hobbies is not just a great place to buy Märklin stuff, the owner, Walter Menzel is very knowledgeable, helpful and friendly. I strongly recommend that you pay them a visit.

I wish I were that close to their new store - IMO it is one of the best Märklin sources in North America.

Hi all Cool

For me...and surely for many others in Ontario...in North America...one of the best Marklin dealers, maybe the best is Mike Sorge from Westend Trains Etobicoke

About Euro Rails Hobbies, I was customer with them... but I had some problems, I dit not at all appreciated their answer for a request of cancellation

Happy New Year 2017

Thewolf

Project The Richelieu Valley Railway-CS2-Track C- Itrain-Digital
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Thewolf
Offline Soest  
#5 Posted : 09 January 2017 21:13:38(UTC)
Soest

I am in Ottawa and just south of us is Larkspur Line Trains in Merrickville. This is not a Marklin dealer but the owner currently has three Marklin collections which he is parting out on ebay. Two are from the 40's and 50's and the other is all digital - about ten years old. If you are interested keep an eye on his ebay website. I have picked up some very nice pieces in excellent condition at very reasonable prices.

Mike
Why do grown men play with trains?
Their wives insist they are insane
But their dreams they won't let down the drain
'Cause there ain't no thing so hard to lose as those disappearing railway blues.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Soest
Offline Darren W  
#6 Posted : 10 January 2017 06:13:40(UTC)
Darren W

Canada   
There are a few of us here near Vancouver. I am in Langley and I like to head up to the Okanagan during the summer.
Offline JGM  
#7 Posted : 10 April 2024 00:44:40(UTC)
JGM

Canada   
I think I've seen a member here on the forums with Kelowna as their location. In case you're not aware, Euro Rail Hobbies, a Marklin dealer, has recently moved to Summerland BC, not far from Kelowna.

Thanks so much unfortunately he is mail order only at this time

Offline mike c  
#8 Posted : 10 April 2024 04:31:31(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
I visited Mr Menzel (Eurorailhobbies) when I was in BC in 2014 and he is my primary dealer today. There are no dealers in Montreal.
I know they went through some issues with their landlord and had to relocate last year and they have been setting up their new location.
I think that they do offer pick up service for local orders, but I don't think it is yet possible to browse through the store, but their website is pretty complete.

Regards

Mike C
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by mike c
Offline ccranium  
#9 Posted : 10 April 2024 18:28:38(UTC)
ccranium

I've used EuroRailHobbies many times and always get great service. My recent order was only partially in-stock and Walter immediately let me know. The shipping delays from Germany are slowing things down, but as soon as it was received by him he let me know and I'll get it this week. I'm unsure of why he has to move, but the Directions link on the website says "Address: Our retail store is temporarily closed while we find a new location". Despite this, I'm always impressed with how well he updates the website with news and new items. I hope he has a location soon; a summer drive to the Okanagan is always a pleasure!

Brian
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by ccranium
Offline Donb  
#10 Posted : 11 April 2024 23:17:37(UTC)
Donb

Canada   
Hi

The only physical Marklin train store in British Columbia right now that you can visit is intercity trains and hobbies in Surrey on 96th Avenue. Last time I was in there they have a good stock of new and used Marklin, also a nice selection of starter sets if that's what you're into.
Check out their website as they also do mail order.
The owners Ken and Chris are marklin enthusiasts and can answer all your questions.
Best Regards,
Don
___________________________________________________________________________________
CS3, ( Commander is now retired) , C track and Z scale, mostly DB/DR and SBB, SJ