Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline ParisTsirchoglou  
#1 Posted : 29 December 2016 21:51:58(UTC)
ParisTsirchoglou

Greece   
Hello Everybody.

For the last year I have been waiting for the release of 37588. I was hopping I will have it by Christmas, but unfortunately it hasn't arrived just yet to my local dealer. Looking at the first pictures of it, you can not fail to notice that there are some color difference issues on this lok. Don't really know if they are serious or minor issues, but it seems that something is not as it should be on this 500 euro lok.

Anyway I wait for 37588 to arrive on the shop and to examine it on the flesh. If it is OK, I will definitely buy it.

Until then (I am burning out of curiosity) does anybody out there received it yet? What is your opinion on that lok? Have you run it?

One more thing. Marklin e-mailed me that after the first batch that was shipped to the major dealers all over the world (before Christmas), a second batch is being prepared to be shipped next week. Hope they will solve the color problem (to the extend there is one).

I will post my opinion as soon as I will examine her on the flesh. On the meantime your opinion on this, will help me.

Kindest Regards

Paris
Era I and Era II German and Swiss Steamers and E-Loks. Proud owner of a Challenger (-;
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by ParisTsirchoglou
Offline Goofy  
#2 Posted : 30 December 2016 15:04:43(UTC)
Goofy

I have this model and it works nice.
Just go ahead and buy it!
The display case do have real glass.
H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Goofy
Offline ParisTsirchoglou  
#3 Posted : 30 December 2016 21:17:52(UTC)
ParisTsirchoglou

Greece   
Thanks Goofy!!!

Hope I will do that!!!

Regards

Paris
Era I and Era II German and Swiss Steamers and E-Loks. Proud owner of a Challenger (-;
Offline dickinsonj  
#4 Posted : 02 January 2017 01:47:27(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
Paris,

Is the color issue you mentioned the bright boiler bands and cab outlines? Actually I see three distinctly different reds at various places on this model. Do we know if this represents the prototype's actual appearance or is it just bad color control in production?

I will be interested to see what people think once they see these models and if they all look like the model Märklin shows on their website.
Regards,
Jim

I have almost all Märklin and mostly HO, although I do have a small number of Z gauge trains!
So many trains and so little time.
Offline ParisTsirchoglou  
#5 Posted : 02 January 2017 18:10:42(UTC)
ParisTsirchoglou

Greece   
Jim,

The issue with 37588 is on some plastic tubing and other parts that seem to be of different color to the rest of the painted metal body (brighter green). Since one photo is worth 1000 words, please refer to the following link

https://www.marklin-user...but-camera--lights-issue

First photos were really frightening!!!! It seems though that the flash exaggerated the existing color difference between the parts. Later (darker) photos look better ...

Some forum members that already have the loco, report that there is no real color issue (to the eye).

Personally, I will wait for the loco to arrive to my local dealer. I will examine it. If it is o.k. I will buy it. If there is any color difference visible to the eye, I will definitely not buy it, since I expect nothing but the best from Marklin (considering the 500 euros asked).

Regards

Paris

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by ParisTsirchoglou
Offline Frits Osterthun  
#6 Posted : 18 January 2018 18:06:46(UTC)
Frits Osterthun

Netherlands   
And here's a video of this most splendid model, running on my layout 'The Cochemer Bahn'

thanks 16 users liked this useful post by Frits Osterthun
Offline applor  
#7 Posted : 18 January 2018 22:44:56(UTC)
applor

Australia   
Lovely loco and a great layout too.
modelling era IIIa (1951-1955) Germany
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by applor
Offline Crazy Harry  
#8 Posted : 20 January 2018 19:03:13(UTC)
Crazy Harry

Canada   
Nice loco and layout! Great videography too!

What type of couplers are you using?

Cheers,

Harold.