Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline El Capitan  
#1 Posted : 25 November 2016 17:29:07(UTC)
El Capitan

Denmark   
Here's my video from the 4th Danish gauge 1 fair last weekend:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLzivAw8lA4

The entire DK gauge 1 community was attending with modular layouts, including participants from Norway and some dealers from Germany.
As usual, a great time was had by all.

Enjoy,
Jens

Cool

thanks 8 users liked this useful post by El Capitan
Offline Alsterstreek  
#2 Posted : 26 November 2016 10:15:55(UTC)
Alsterstreek

Germany   
Knowing what an effort it is to transport "only" H0 scale equipment, layout segments and dioramas to a train show, I am even more impressed on what exhibitors hauled into the hall. Even an entire round house filled with locos, let alone the station scenes. Looks more than a consolidated house move than a temporary exhibition. Thanks for posting the parade.

:o)

P.S.: I noted that at the end of the video that your F7 ABBBA had a chance to show off by pulling a long freight train.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Alsterstreek
Offline El Capitan  
#3 Posted : 26 November 2016 12:55:56(UTC)
El Capitan

Denmark   
BigGrin BigGrin
Yeah, setting up and packing down the show is a scramble. Total chaos. Organised somehow, but chaos.

And yes, I was running the F7s empty just for show and one of the guys from the live steam club walked by and asked if I'd want to borrow his US freight cars.
If you look again, it's the same freight cars as in the opening scene with the live steam Great Northern 4-8-4. Looks great behind the F7s, and it was one heck of a crowdpleaser Cool

Jens
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by El Capitan
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#4 Posted : 26 November 2016 22:05:36(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: El Capitan Go to Quoted Post
Yeah, setting up and packing down the show is a scramble. Total chaos. Organised somehow, but chaos.

We had our 1 Gauge layout setup at an exhibition this past weekend as well (see https://www.marklin-user...osts/t36933-Railex-2016)

Yes, it is an effort to get everything setup and then packed down after the show. We are normally one of the first in and most always the last out - inevitable when you've got a large H0 layout and a large G1 layout to setup.

Thanks for the video Jens. I see that some of the layouts are using the Marklin stainless steel track - do you have any issues with running large heavy KM-1 locos on that track?
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline El Capitan  
#5 Posted : 26 November 2016 22:14:35(UTC)
El Capitan

Denmark   
Originally Posted by: Bigdaddynz Go to Quoted Post
I see that some of the layouts are using the Marklin stainless steel track - do you have any issues with running large heavy KM-1 locos on that track?

I can't say for 100% sure, because I don't know exactly where those tracks are used, but if anyone was having problems I would most likely have heard about it. So no - no problems.
The people I know mostly use Peco track for indoor use.

A large scale and a H0 scale layout for a show?
I tip my hat for you and your mates, Sir.

Jens
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by El Capitan