Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline DTaylor91  
#1 Posted : 25 October 2016 05:03:46(UTC)
DTaylor91

I need to touch up a few spots on my 37031 KPEV P8. I did a little work to make the cab sit more level, and I need to hide a few small file marks. I have paints that match the black and dark red areas nearly perfectly (not noticeable except in very bright light, and even then you have to look closely), but I need something to match the dark green Märklin uses.

I am no stranger to mixing paint, as I once did custom paint and model building work for a couple hobby shops here in the US, but finding and/or mixing a batch of dark green to match this KPEV green has eluded me after many, many tries.Mad Of course, I have mainly been using paints that I am familiar with, such as Floquil, Polly-S, and I have experimented with a couple Tamiya paints.

So, does anyone know of a match for Märklin's KPEV green, or a formula to mix paints to match, that may be available in the US? The local hobby shop carries Tamiya and Humbrol paints, but I have very little experience with those two brands.

Thanks!
Offline manou  
#2 Posted : 25 October 2016 12:21:37(UTC)
manou

Greece   
hello,

can you check RAL 6008 if it ok for you ?

regards
Best Regards
Yannis
Offline TEEWolf  
#3 Posted : 27 October 2016 04:29:53(UTC)
TEEWolf

Why don't you send an e-mail to Maerklin's service department (find it on the Maerklin homepage), asking for the correct colour number?