Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline PMPeter  
#1 Posted : 05 September 2016 17:50:57(UTC)
PMPeter

Canada   
I am currently assembling the Kibri station platform 39569. While most of the details are self-explanatory, there are a couple of items I am not familiar with.

First of all on the Deko-Material section what is item 21 supposed to represent?

Item21

Secondly on the cutouts and on some photos there are symbols of 3 diagonal dots and a solid diagonal line (near bottom left of the photo). What do these represent?

Details

Also has anyone built this kit and added lighting? I plan on adding LED strips and running the wiring in place of 2 of the gutter downspouts. However, the way the roof and trusses are constructed it seems to be a little difficult to fit in the strips.

Thanks
Peter
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by PMPeter
Offline Tex  
#2 Posted : 05 September 2016 22:29:42(UTC)
Tex

United States   
Originally Posted by: PMPeter Go to Quoted Post
I am currently assembling the Kibri station platform 39569. While most of the details are self-explanatory, there are a couple of items I am not familiar with.

First of all on the Deko-Material section what is item 21 supposed to represent?

Item21

Secondly on the cutouts and on some photos there are symbols of 3 diagonal dots and a solid diagonal line (near bottom left of the photo). What do these represent?

Details

Also has anyone built this kit and added lighting? I plan on adding LED strips and running the wiring in place of 2 of the gutter downspouts. However, the way the roof and trusses are constructed it seems to be a little difficult to fit in the strips.

Thanks
Peter

Peter,

My main station uses two Walthers LA Union Station kits with LED lighting. They look at home with my German Station and the LED lighting adds a lot as shown below. The wiring comes up from below through the roof support posts,

Tex

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Tex
Offline Gregor  
#3 Posted : 05 September 2016 23:46:40(UTC)
Gregor

Netherlands   
Hi Peter,

Don't know what #21 is supposed to mean. The symbol is some kind of departure signal.

For lighting I used LED strips, but had to cut them in lengths of three to fit between the beams.

UserPostedImage

I used thin copper wire to connect them. The pillars were too narrow to lead the wires through, so I glued them on the back side, out of view.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

The lights in the main area I glued onto two aluminum strips which rest on the catenary mast. This way I still can take the roof off, without having to disconnect the lights.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Hope this helps,
Gregor
thanks 8 users liked this useful post by Gregor
Offline Roland  
#4 Posted : 06 September 2016 00:30:20(UTC)
Roland

Canada   
Originally Posted by: Gregor Go to Quoted Post
UserPostedImage

Nice setup! Which station hall is this?

My Layout Build | Märklin CS3+ | K-track | Merkur | Viessmann | LDT | iTrain | Modeling DB + SBB
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Roland
Offline Carim  
#5 Posted : 06 September 2016 00:42:05(UTC)
Carim

United Kingdom   
on the cutouts and on some photos there are symbols of 3 diagonal dots and a solid diagonal line (near bottom left of the photo). What do these represent?

I believe that this is a Gegengleisanzeiger / Counter Line Indicator i.e. that you will be running on the left-hand side track (on double track) instead of the right-hand side. It is a subsidiary signal.

Carim
Offline PMPeter  
#6 Posted : 06 September 2016 04:22:57(UTC)
PMPeter

Canada   
Originally Posted by: Carim Go to Quoted Post

I believe that this is a Gegengleisanzeiger / Counter Line Indicator i.e. that you will be running on the left-hand side track (on double track) instead of the right-hand side. It is a subsidiary signal.

Carim

I believe a Gegengleisanzeiger is associated with signals not station platform signage. However, you may be onto the right idea since the photos I have seen show these symbols on either side of the station name sign and possibly could indicate the direction of train arrival on either track. I just don't know and I hope that one of our German members will be able to clarify this.

Item 21 on the Kibri box shows it located next to the end stairwell railing. So if it was here in North America I would say it could be a ticket validator or something like that. However, for Germany it might be a bahnsteig ticket dispenser, ashtray, who knows?

Cheers
Peter
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by PMPeter
Offline H0  
#7 Posted : 06 September 2016 08:21:21(UTC)
H0

Hi!
I don't know how it is called, but I know what it does: it repeats the departing signal.
Watched in the direction of travel you will see a diagonal line, watched the other way you see three dots.
With departing signals at both ends, you sometimes see two of them side by side, but turned 180°.

They allow the train chief to know whether the signal is showing green for the train (white light on) or not (lights off).

This is not the Falschfahrtanzeiger (counter track indicator).
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by H0
Offline Gregor  
#8 Posted : 06 September 2016 15:12:04(UTC)
Gregor

Netherlands   
Originally Posted by: Roland Go to Quoted Post
Nice setup! Which station hall is this?

Hi Roland,

It is Kibri 9565 (now 39565).

Some more pics can be found in this old post.

Best regards,
Gregor
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Gregor
Offline kiwiAlan  
#9 Posted : 07 September 2016 00:29:15(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   

Item 21 on the Kibri box shows it located next to the end stairwell railing. So if it was here in North America I would say it could be a ticket validator or something like that. However, for Germany it might be a bahnsteig ticket dispenser, ashtray, who knows?

Cheers
Peter

Could well be a ticket validator, I remember using them when purchasing tickets for the suburban trains in Munich many years ago.

Offline Alsterstreek  
#10 Posted : 09 September 2016 21:06:56(UTC)
Alsterstreek

Germany   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Hi!
I don't know how it is called, but I know what it does: it repeats the departing signal.
Watched in the direction of travel you will see a diagonal line, watched the other way you see three dots.
With departing signals at both ends, you sometimes see two of them side by side, but turned 180°.

They allow the train chief to know whether the signal is showing green for the train (white light on) or not (lights off).

This is not the Falschfahrtanzeiger (counter track indicator).
"Fahrtanzeiger":
http://bahn-seminar.info/Signale/Fahrtanzeiger/
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by Alsterstreek
Offline Minok  
#11 Posted : 10 October 2016 21:59:51(UTC)
Minok

United States   

Based on one image I've found, I'm expecting this to be an informational sign (for an exit stairwell or plaftform end. None of the decals looked like they would make it a operations control panel for railway personnel, so I'm thinking you stick on it the "exit stairway" or "to track..." type square decals. It is certainly not a ticket validator (thats done ON the trains), nor a ticket dispenser (those are the much larger machines boxes that often have a route network map so you can know what type of ticket to buy (how many zones)).

Capture.PNGCapture2.PNG

The diagonal line/dots is a duplicate "clear to proceed" signal - it is used to display the same status as the exit signal from the platform, for cases when the person in charge of clearing the train cannot see the official exit signal (its around a curve, its on the other side of the train from where they are, its out of sight down the platform). The person that clears the train to depart is not allowed to do so until the exit signal is set to clear to proceed, but that person is on the platform itself, not in the locomotive cab. So these signal lights are there to communicate the same state as the official exit signal the locomotive operator would be able to see.

The two patterns exist to help the person in charge of the train regardless of which end of the train they are looking at. If the exit signal is not set to clear to proceed then the signal is off (all black ). If the signal to proceed is set to allow the train to depart then, this signal shows the solid diagonal line from lower left to upper right, when you are looking down the platform in the direction the train will depart. If you are looking toward the back of the train, the displays show the 3 dots from upper left to lower right (your facing the back of the train).

In German it is a "Fahrtanzeiger" (drive indicator): https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fahrtanzeiger

Capture.PNG

Edited by user 11 October 2016 21:06:15(UTC)  | Reason: or -> nor and added ) to correctly exprerss what I meant to communicate about part 21

Toys of tin and wood rule!
---
My Layout Thread on marklin-users.net: InterCity 1-3-4
My YouTube Channel:
https://youtube.com/@intercity134
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Minok