Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline michelvr  
#1 Posted : 08 July 2012 20:25:54(UTC)
michelvr

Canada   
Hello, I'm not able to run this out of the box and I would like some help please. I have been trying to program this locomotive on the mobile station without any results. I have the little booklet and I must be doing something wrong. If I put all the dips witches to one side then put the engine on the track and turn on the power; stop to on, the engine runs without control around the track. Any suggestions?

Michel
Offline franciscohg  
#2 Posted : 08 July 2012 20:52:01(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
hi Michel, in locos with decoders equipped by DIP switches, setting them all to off, means analog operation, so the engine will respond to voltage variations on the track. since in digital the voltage has no variations, the engine will run and run. you have to select an adress with the DIP, some on, some off, there must be a table with the codes on your booklet. then program the loco in the MS with the adress selected by the DIP. modern decoders have automatic recogniton of analog/digital opetation, but you always have to program the adress from your control unit.
cheers
Francisco
UserPostedImage German trains era I-II and selected III, era depends on the mood, mostly Maerklin but i can be heretic if needed XD, heresy is no longer an issue.. LOL
Offline Chris6382chris  
#3 Posted : 08 July 2012 21:38:39(UTC)
Chris6382chris

United States   
Originally Posted by: michelvr Go to Quoted Post
Hello, I'm not able to run this out of the box and I would like some help please. I have been trying to program this locomotive on the mobile station without any results. I have the little booklet and I must be doing something wrong. If I put all the dips witches to one side then put the engine on the track and turn on the power; stop to on, the engine runs without control around the track. Any suggestions?

Michel

Since your locomotive have dip switches you will have to manually pick an address and set the dip switches and then pull up that address on your Mobile Station and program your engine that way. Do you have the booklet that identifies the 80 addresses with the different dip switch positions?

Chris
Offline Dave Banks  
#4 Posted : 09 July 2012 01:04:59(UTC)
Dave Banks

Australia   
D.A.Banks
Offline michelvr  
#5 Posted : 09 July 2012 02:07:38(UTC)
michelvr

Canada   
I know a little German and I know it's not necessary but the words Ich bin Ihnen sehr dankbar comes to mind! The help from the members of this wonderful markin-users.net community solved my issue. By using the link that DaveB gave I was able to tell from the photo what ON was for the dip switches. This was my first address setting by using the dip switches. I had bought this a long time ago, used but in mint condition with all the packaging and booklets because I liked the look of the engine. As Chris led me to the booklet that identified the addresses, I set the dip switches, put it back on the track, did the programming and now this engine works. Thanks to you all!. From a new Marklin-user! Michel
Offline river6109  
#6 Posted : 09 July 2012 03:15:23(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
Michel,

Your appreciation, written in German, not many will be able to understand it, so the language is English unless you would like us to translate it for you and I would be happy to this for you.
"I thank you all very much".

John
https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
Offline Chris6382chris  
#7 Posted : 09 July 2012 03:38:30(UTC)
Chris6382chris

United States   
Originally Posted by: michelvr Go to Quoted Post
I know a little German and I know it's not necessary but the words Ich bin Ihnen sehr dankbar comes to mind! The help from the members of this wonderful markin-users.net community solved my issue. By using the link that DaveB gave I was able to tell from the photo what ON was for the dip switches. This was my first address setting by using the dip switches. I had bought this a long time ago, used but in mint condition with all the packaging and booklets because I liked the look of the engine. As Chris led me to the booklet that identified the addresses, I set the dip switches, put it back on the track, did the programming and now this engine works. Thanks to you all!. From a new Marklin-user! Michel

I am glad you were able to fix the issue. Nothing like a simple fix. Welcome to the forum. The people on here are great.

Chris
Offline Dave Banks  
#8 Posted : 09 July 2012 10:56:24(UTC)
Dave Banks

Australia   
Hello Michel, You are most welcome from all of us Downunder.

Cheers

Dave Banks...
Gold Coast, Australia.
D.A.Banks