Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply

Maximum number of characters in each post is: 100000
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Insert an existing Attachment or upload a new File... Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color: Font Size:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
cookee_nz Posted: 22 January 2024 03:43:27(UTC)

Hmmmm, looks vaguely familiar
Cookee
Wellington
NZ image
Bigdaddynz Posted: 21 January 2024 11:09:28(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Jimmy Thompson Go to Quoted Post
Sounds like NZ is a "Safe Haven" for Märklin shop layouts ThumpUp Woot

Yep, and someone was recently right at home......

20231118_121029.jpg

20231118_121043.jpg
(To the left of the Wonderwheel in the case was this factory shop layout 'Kleinbahn')
cookee_nz Posted: 21 January 2024 05:06:20(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Marklin3000Fan Go to Quoted Post
Is this layout still available?

Who would know, the original author has decided not to update despite a flurry of advice and interest in the topic.

We can only hope he was able to negotiate to buy and make good use of it.
Cookee
Wellington
NZ image
Marklin3000Fan Posted: 19 January 2024 15:51:17(UTC)

Is this layout still available?
Jimmy Thompson Posted: 04 December 2023 12:10:31(UTC)

Right-O! Thanks cookee! Cool

Whisper Mode On p. s. I checked the post on m-users fb, and there has been no update there either. Whisper Mode Off... I just do not want this great piece of history to just vanish!Scared
Jimmy T
Analogue; M-track; BR 111; KLVM; Primex; Sarrasani Zirkuswelt
There is a Prototype For Everything
cookee_nz Posted: 04 December 2023 10:10:14(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Jimmy Thompson Go to Quoted Post
Just wondering if there is any further action going on this layout. Just sitting here, breaking that old 10th commandment (over and over and...)Cool (sorry, but the fundage just is not available...Blushing )

Seems Mike is irregular in his visits so he may not have even seen these questions yet.
Cookee
Wellington
NZ image
Jimmy Thompson Posted: 30 November 2023 23:09:36(UTC)

Just wondering if there is any further action going on this layout. Just sitting here, breaking that old 10th commandment (over and over and...)Cool (sorry, but the fundage just is not available...Blushing )
Jimmy T
Jimmy Thompson Posted: 29 November 2023 11:58:20(UTC)

sewh800,

I am not what one might call a "collector" so I was not sure about provenance and paperwork trails. Thank you!

(PM sent)
Jimmy T
sewh800 Posted: 29 November 2023 03:00:20(UTC)

Two of my layouts have documented paperwork from FAO Schwarz & it doesn't make much difference - the size & quality of the layout are more important. These smaller layouts are the most commonly found, as they were suitable for hobby shop windows. Larger ones sat in department stores and were much harder to save, given their size & difficulty in moving intact.

What is the asking price anyway?
Jimmy Thompson Posted: 29 November 2023 00:45:35(UTC)

While I hesitate to mention this...RollEyes

If provenance to FAO Schwarz (or Macy's or whomever), and Märklin construction stamps/codes on the underside can be verified, that might raise the value a little, but again for collectors' benefit. (I mention this because of the changes in structures (would Märklin have changed them for the American market - I suspect not, but I have been wrong before))Mellow Just a random thought....Blushing

Whisper Mode On I amend my comment to sewh800 as I have heard that the asking price is somewhat startling Scared (at least to me...) Sorry Whisper Mode Off

Caveat: Peace. I fully understand that it is his layout and he may name his price. I have no arguments there.
Jimmy T

| Powered by YAF.NET | YAF.NET © 2003-2024, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.125 seconds.