Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply

Maximum number of characters in each post is: 100000
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Insert an existing Attachment or upload a new File... Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color: Font Size:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Mman Posted: 22 May 2022 10:49:42(UTC)

Gaugemaster in Sussex England used to be the importers for Märklin in the UK and they had a large factory built Märklin H0 K track layout with some automation. In their current fortnightly newsletter they describe how they used to take it to shows but at some point decided to ‘Anglicise’ it and convert it to two rail running (still keeping the K track). Apparently British Outline 00 scale stock doesn’t like the 360mm radius curves so the article moots further modification to the track and tunnels to accommodate it.
From my point of view a great pity that they have butchered the layout but from theirs I suppose it makes sense since they probably sell far more 00 than continental H0 - and Märklin did dump them in favour of the then LGB importer after the takeover. This was another great pity since the new importer didn’t seem the slightest bit interested in promoting Märklin in the UK.
ChrisG
Pmare4 Posted: 18 May 2022 06:41:13(UTC)

I think the price is a tremendous bargain, given the rarity of the layout and its superb original condition - if only I lived in the UK!

I paid about $1350 for my layout, which was probably a bit more than it was really worth, but I had always wanted one and figured the chances of another ever coming up for sale locally were incredibly slim.

Best regards
Peter
Peter
Collecting vintage Märklin from 1935-1970, also Hornby O Gauge
kiwiAlan Posted: 16 May 2022 13:43:15(UTC)

Originally Posted by: cookee_nz Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post
Saw this 0927 factory layout on ebay UK this weekend.

K track layout with overhead catenary, no locos, rolling stock, or transformers.

At starting bid of £350 (and it has a reserve) I think it is a bit expensive, even with the factory shipping container.

Looks like seller must have reduced the starting bid, it's showing for me at GBP 200 and no bids but due to close soon.

Yes he has reduced it, it closed without selling, and has relisted at £200.

You couldn't build even a replica for the asking so I think the reduced starting price is more realistic, and bearing in mind it's factory original (likely Noch) has some appeal to certain enthusiasts.

I could be tempted it, but don't have any room to store it Blushing Crying Scared

Pity the images are so small

Yes, at they don't hover to zoom either.

cookee_nz Posted: 16 May 2022 10:39:28(UTC)

Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post

K track layout with overhead catenary, no locos, rolling stock, or transformers.

At starting bid of £350 (and it has a reserve) I think it is a bit expensive, even with the factory shipping container.

Looks like seller must have reduced the starting bid, it's showing for me at GBP 200 and no bids but due to close soon.

You couldn't build even a replica for the asking so I think the reduced starting price is more realistic, and bearing in mind it's factory original (likely Noch) has some appeal to certain enthusiasts.

Pity the images are so small

Cookee
Wellington
NZ image
cookee_nz Posted: 16 May 2022 10:30:20(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Bigdaddynz Go to Quoted Post
I think Cookee's pictures of Kleinbahn are ones I took some time ago.

Note the spider in the last one.....

No doubt the same, I simply had the photo's in either my club photos folder or my Display Layouts folder but no apparent note at the time of the original source.

I try wherever possible to note where any images first came from but didn't have any details about the club ones.

Cheers
Cookee
Wellington
NZ image
Bigdaddynz Posted: 15 May 2022 05:15:59(UTC)

I think Cookee's pictures of Kleinbahn are ones I took some time ago.

Note the spider in the last one.....

Screenshot 2022-05-15 151447.JPG
kiwiAlan Posted: 14 May 2022 21:47:55(UTC)

Pmare4 Posted: 07 March 2022 13:00:03(UTC)

Lol, here's a laugh for you. It was nagging me I'd seen something similar to that layout of yours before.

Our Club President Ian has a thing for getting kids involved with trains at the shows. He has two layouts that are especially set up for kids to play with, drive trains, do their worst (and sometimes they do)

Anyway some time ago he was offered a layout..... look familiar? (bit of a passing resemblance)

Definitely a few similarities there! I think the only difference is the tunnel on the top left, which seems to have disappeared on the later layout you have.

I've been enjoying playing around with my layout although the lack of any kind of sidings does make it a bit boring.

Rest assured I won't start ripping up the original houses and grass to change the track plan though - that would be a real travesty!
Peter
Pmare4 Posted: 07 March 2022 12:55:53(UTC)

Thank you very much for those photos Steve.

"Kleinbahn" and 0676 really are both superb - the other two might need a bit of work to get them back to how they were originally!

I do have a photo of a layout near-identical to layout 0917, and in all original condition, but with M tracks fitted rather than K tracks and what appear to be different buildings. I don't have permission to publish the photo on the forum but would be happy to send it to you privately.

Best regards
Peter
Peter
cookee_nz Posted: 07 March 2022 12:47:42(UTC)

Lol, here's a laugh for you. It was nagging me I'd seen something similar to that layout of yours before.

Our Club President Ian has a thing for getting kids involved with trains at the shows. He has two layouts that are especially set up for kids to play with, drive trains, do their worst (and sometimes they do)

Anyway some time ago he was offered a layout except it was 2-rail, didn't bother him in the slightest..... look familiar? (not a factory layout but a bit of a passing resemblance) BigGrin

20210418_152631b.jpg

Noch 81620 Altmuhl.jpg

20210418_152545b.jpg
Cookee
Wellington
NZ image

| Powered by YAF.NET | YAF.NET © 2003-2024, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.152 seconds.