Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline villefra  
#1 Posted : 23 July 2009 18:01:05(UTC)
villefra

Hi All,

I have discovered that the f3 function is available on the decoder delivered in the 60760 refit kit. If the protective foil is removed, it is possible to get f3 function on pin 8 (the pin right next to the yellow wire). See picture attached - it is the pin where I have soldered a resistor on.

I cannot see any function of any other pins. Anybody know if the f1 and f2 pins are also somehow available?

With best regards,

Rasmus.

UserPostedImage
Offline Sander van Wijk  
#2 Posted : 23 July 2009 18:19:18(UTC)
Sander van Wijk

Netherlands   
Hi Rasmus,

This 60760 decoder is a sort of downgraded Lokpilot, so F1 and F2 should be available in some way. This link (http://www.x-train.de/sub_pcb/doku/60760_BO_ALZ.htm) leads you to a description on how to get the F1 going (German only, unfortunately), you will need to amplify it. A way to do so is described as well. Regarding the F2 function: I've got no clue how to get that working.
Sander
---
Era I(b): K.Bay.Sts.B. and K.W.St.E.
Offline dntower85  
#3 Posted : 23 July 2009 19:31:10(UTC)
dntower85

United States   
Nice tip thanks Rasmus and Sander

looks like f1 is across the board from the Gray wire.

Ramus, I also see you attached a red led to the lamp. what did you use to attach it?
DT
Now powered by ECoS II unit#2, RocRail
era - some time in the future when the space time continuum is disrupted and ICE 3 Trains run on the same rails as the Adler and BR18's.
Offline Piggy  
#4 Posted : 23 July 2009 21:25:18(UTC)
Piggy

Australia   
Thanks for the tip Rasmus,

Can if be used directly, to drive LEDs or a bulb for interior light? Is it directly available on the controler (CSx or MS), or did you have change any CV's?

This info make a good value kit even better.

Regards
Kenneth
CS1 update - K & C tracks - German Era 3B & 4, with some Swiss and Austrian visitors. - My Layout
Offline villefra  
#5 Posted : 23 July 2009 22:23:33(UTC)
villefra

Hi All,

First of all, thanks for link to info, that was exactly what I needed! Luckily, my German is quite OK (thank you, teacher in primary school biggrin)

And then for the other comments: About the LED: I attach the LED using normal "super glue" (see below). Normally, I put it on something else than the light bulb, so that I do not need to remake the whole thing when I replace the bulb. I have refurbished around 7 locomotives now, and I have found some good tricks. Especially the GM engines (DSB MY, Märklin 3067 etc) are quite good now. I really like the red light in the rear direction - it is giving a very beautiful glow when the locomotive is driving especially in darkness. One comment about the LED: It is important to select a high power LED, and then to ensure the light is directed towards the light guide. Normally, I cut the LED diagonally so the light is dispersed in more directions than just front direction - see picture below. If the light is not dispersed from the LED, usually the light is not bright enough in the outside of the locomotive. Also, always remember to serially connect a 1 kOhm resistor to the LED, otherwise, it will immediately be destroyed.

Then about the f3 function: Yes, it can be used directly, I use it to drive a blue LED that illuminates the interior of the locomotive (via a 1 kOhm resistor). Blue is maybe not really the color used in real locomotives, but the blue light gives an exceptional experience in the model landscape, and it is really adding some magic to the whole show. And the kids love it, especially at christmas...

see you,

Rasmus.

UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
Offline Piggy  
#6 Posted : 24 July 2009 00:10:25(UTC)
Piggy

Australia   
Thanks again Rasmus, I have 3 of these sets. And now I will get one more, for a BR628 railcar where I will need to control the interior light.
Regards
Kenneth
CS1 update - K & C tracks - German Era 3B & 4, with some Swiss and Austrian visitors. - My Layout
Offline Webmaster  
#7 Posted : 24 July 2009 01:37:32(UTC)
Webmaster

Juhan - "Webmaster", at your service...
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]