Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline jkoellmer  
#1 Posted : 16 February 2009 23:32:54(UTC)
jkoellmer

Hello,
Does anyone happen to have a picture of the circuit board in an M39579 eloc? My problem is the four lighting wires that are soldered to the circuit board on the motor/fly wheel end. As they articulate with the bogie, three of the four wires have broken from their fixed solder points on the board and I can't get them back in the correct sequence. They are used for the automatic changeover based on direction. They are colored brown, yellow, orange and grey. Thanks for your help.
Jeff
Offline Caplin  
#2 Posted : 17 February 2009 01:19:06(UTC)
Caplin

Hi Jeff,

I can't help you with a picture as mine BR 103.1 is stored away, but in case you are unsure of the color-id, it is as follows:

brown - frame, wheels
yellow - rear lamp
orange - common (+) for all lamps
grey - front lamp.

Hope this might be of some help.

I am sure somebody else is able to give you the right sequence of the wires.

Otherwise, would it not be possible to try and identify the solder pads on the circuit board with a test bulb in series with a suitable size resistor - if you are familiar with electronics?

Good luck. Don't blow it up wink
Regards,
Benny - Outsider and MFDWPL

UserPostedImage
Offline spitzenklasse  
#3 Posted : 17 February 2009 13:24:51(UTC)
spitzenklasse

Hello Jeff, mine is a 39573. The light change over should be identical. With the motor on the left, the grey wire is soldered to the bottom terminal. Next is the orange wire, followed by the brown/white one. The solid brown wire is soldered on the next terminal up, just above the large hole in the board. Hope this helps you!
Offline steventrain  
#4 Posted : 17 February 2009 21:12:37(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Pictures of 39579 as you request.wink

YELLOW GREY ORANGE BROWN

UserPostedImage

YELLOW GREY ORANGE BROWN

UserPostedImage
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline spitzenklasse  
#5 Posted : 17 February 2009 21:23:10(UTC)
spitzenklasse

Ok, I thought Jeff had the one in the Sudwind version with the piezographs.
Offline haxpet  
#6 Posted : 17 February 2009 21:29:58(UTC)
haxpet

He has, at least according to the number on his post. It's the insider modell.
Märklin, 3R, Digital (system), C-Track, favourit loco: Baureihe 103 137-6
My homepage: http://home.aland.net/mi...da/MR/modelrailroad.html
I will buy Märklin 4644 BP tankerwagons that have the original box and are in good condition. (No broken details)
Offline dntower85  
#7 Posted : 17 February 2009 22:17:03(UTC)
dntower85

United States   
Also be careful with the led's because the if you reverse the yellow and gray wires you could burn out the red tail lights. The gray wire is connected to 3 yellow/white led's and the yellow wire goes to two red led's. The circuit board should have about a 1k ohm resistor for the red lights and a 780ohm for the 3 front lights.
DT
Now powered by ECoS II unit#2, RocRail
era - some time in the future when the space time continuum is disrupted and ICE 3 Trains run on the same rails as the Adler and BR18's.
Offline jkoellmer  
#8 Posted : 17 February 2009 22:38:05(UTC)
jkoellmer

Thank you,Steventrain, and all! That is exactly what I needed. You can always count on this excellent website for help.
Jeff
Offline jkoellmer  
#9 Posted : 17 February 2009 23:20:53(UTC)
jkoellmer

I was close... I only had to reverse the yellow and brown wires on the two ends. However, the red LEDs still do not light on my "problem" end, which is what caused my original investigation. All the solder connections now appear good. I may have accidentally crossed a wire earlier, but I am more suspicious of a loose wire contacting the underside of the circuit board or another terminal. Just a word of caution for other owners of this great model. You may want to remove the body periodically and make sure these wires have not broken free from their solder points. Thanks again all!
Jeff
Offline Caplin  
#10 Posted : 17 February 2009 23:31:01(UTC)
Caplin

Thanks all for great posting here [^]

I have the 37571 version of the BR 103.1, but as said earlier I cannot get to it right now, but I have taken a note of this important thread, so I can check my loco later.

Regards,
Benny - Outsider and MFDWPL

UserPostedImage
Offline dntower85  
#11 Posted : 18 February 2009 21:17:27(UTC)
dntower85

United States   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by jkoellmer
<br />I was close... I only had to reverse the yellow and brown wires on the two ends. However, the red LEDs still do not light on my "problem" end, which is what caused my original investigation. All the solder connections now appear good. I may have accidentally crossed a wire earlier, but I am more suspicious of a loose wire contacting the underside of the circuit board or another terminal. Just a word of caution for other owners of this great model. You may want to remove the body periodically and make sure these wires have not broken free from their solder points. Thanks again all!
Jeff

If you crossed the yellow and brown wires the red tail lights popped so fast you might not of even saw any flash[xx(]
16 rectified volts (orange wire) flowed through the red leds to the ground (brown wire)
Good news is it should be possible to get a new led light panel. I just replaced one in my 37090 Cargo transport for about 20$ I messed mine up when I was replacing a decoder (I forgot to put one of the two resister in place even after setting it aside). I ordered though my local dealer and marklin USA had one in stock.
DT
Now powered by ECoS II unit#2, RocRail
era - some time in the future when the space time continuum is disrupted and ICE 3 Trains run on the same rails as the Adler and BR18's.