Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline gauravk84  
#1 Posted : 08 February 2009 21:33:33(UTC)
gauravk84

hi. is there any schema available for wiring the s88 and circuit tracks using a cs 2?
where do i connect the earth (T) from the s88 decoder?
Offline gauravk84  
#2 Posted : 08 February 2009 22:10:08(UTC)
gauravk84

also i have circuit tracks and each track has two blue wires. how do i connect them to the s88? No schema came wih the s 88 so any help will be appreciated.
Offline clapcott  
#3 Posted : 09 February 2009 08:22:39(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
... presuming C track 24994,24194,24294

Legacy thinking allows for the connection of the (inverted) T to the main brown feed from the CS TO the track (NOT from the transformer).
This is still applicable if you "need" to use contact tracks.

However, for future proofing versatility, I recommend you look to keep the s88 return/ground separate from the track power.

Aside from the 2 blue wire that you noticed there is a small brown one that connects to the track - Disconnect this brown wire from the track and extend it to the s88 return/ground terminal.

Each of the blue wires can be plugged into a separate s88 input (1,2,3....,16) to give you a specific feedback indicating the direction of travel of the train shoe/slider over the circuit track.

Note:If you are not interested in identifying direction , connect the 2 blue wires together, thus using only one s88 input.

P.S. if your question stems from a failure to get the "Memory" routes to detect/work. check you have set the applicable row to "Manual and automatic". Ref UG pg54 (bottom left)
Peter
Offline gauravk84  
#4 Posted : 09 February 2009 20:57:28(UTC)
gauravk84

Hi! Thanks. after half a day i finally got it to work. Now you mentioned that if i connect the blue wires of the same circuit track to contacts 1 & 2 on the s88 it should work as contact 1 or 2 depending on direction of travel of the loco. Well i tried that but it only registers one way. Is there something im doing wrong? The brown wire in the circuit track is connected to the circuit track itself and i have not connected anything to the earthing socket (T) in the 88.
Where do i check the feedback regarding the direction of travel of my loco??

Please help.
Offline gauravk84  
#5 Posted : 09 February 2009 21:00:41(UTC)
gauravk84

err one more thing....if i connect the blue wires of the track to 1 & 2 on the s88...will it only help in identifying the direction of travel or will i also be able to trigger memory routes assigned to contacts 1 & 2?
Offline clapcott  
#6 Posted : 09 February 2009 21:12:17(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Please first test that the s88 port works.
connect a wire from the "T" to the "2".

If this triggers the CS2 route, then the problem is towards the circuit track and wiring - possibly a mechanical issue with the lever.
If this fails to work it is either the s88 or your route setup.

Hint. to further elliminate a route defintion problem, Use the Layout panel and define a sensor with address "2" - you should see it change between yellow and white as you jumper between "T" and "2".
Peter
Offline gauravk84  
#7 Posted : 09 February 2009 22:40:14(UTC)
gauravk84

hi!...ok on the layout i have set up two sensors right next to each other on the track labelled '1' & '2'. Both of them are two wires from the same circuit track. When the loco passes over them both turn yellow depending of the direction of travell. Now i have assigned memory routes for each. Whn the train passes over in one direction the route triggers '1' but does not trigger '2' when the train pases over in the other direction. Im guessing there is no mehcanical failure since it registers on the layout. The memory rote is also set to manual and automatic. Both routes control different signals and selanoids. IS there something im missing out??
Offline clapcott  
#8 Posted : 10 February 2009 09:03:16(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by gauravk84
... Im guessing there is no mehcanical failure since it registers on the layout.

Agreed - so lets look at the route definitions

Another questions -
- if you manual select the routes (on memory page with stylus/finger) do they work ?

The top figure below shows a similar setup with 2 routes defines
One named "One" and loaded in position A1
the other named "Two" located in position A2

Point: Unlike the 6043 memory, the location on this panel has no relation, what so ever, with the s88 input to be used to trigger it !!! - see later

In the example the Green dot and the "joined" "S" icon against "One", means that route is "intact" i.e All signals and points defined in that route match there configured state (no one has manually changed the position/state of any of them). The "broken" "S" icon against "Two" means that at least one of the devices is in a state that does not match the routes definition.

On the right I have highlighted the Auto/Maunual button.
Unlike the 6043 memory which could only enable/disable ALL routes, the CS2 allows for enabling/disabling in groupes of 8 - as shown the icon with the hand(manual) AND the loco (meaning auto) means that routes A1 to A8 are enabled for s88 triggering - rows B,C and D are disabled.
Note: as shown below a sensor must be entered against a route for it to actually trigger.

UserPostedImage

In the following figures you can see the edit panels for routes A1 and A2 respectively.

- Its hard to see but the square (A1 or A2) is highlighted
- The Name field is purely optional
- The IMPORTANT part is that the "S88 Module: ? Contact: ?" is set to the correct sensor port number
- - Route A1 is shown configured to be triggered by Sensor 1
- - Route A2 is shown configured to be triggered by Sensor 2
- The right accessory list shows both routes are configured to switch the same solenoid (number 320 - shown with the default icon).
- - Route A1 sets it green,
- - Route A2 sets it red.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
Peter