Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

24 Pages123>»
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline john black  
#1 Posted : 21 July 2006 00:17:05(UTC)
john black

United States   
This topic is about the D&RGW and other great railroads.
All your contributions are gladly appreciated ... Smile

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

Well, she (they) arrived one hour ago. First, please excuse the bad quality of the pictures -
alas, this is all what my poor photographic skills (and my cheap camera) are able to ... [:I]

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

My report on her is short: She's perfect (like all of M's US models) - a true masterpiece [:p][:p][:p] !!!
All that has been said in the past about her yellow, red and grey sisters fits her, too. Excellent
performance and craftmanship, very nice detailing plus the world's top standard of quality materials
one is looking for when buying a premium Marklin you will find in this great loco - surely worth every cent.
Thanks, M Smile

See ya later (have to run her, again ... biggrin)
John
I hope no one visits a poor Southener's layout in Brooklyn. Intruders beware of Gators.
AT&SF, D&RGW, T&P, SP, WP, UP, BN, NYC, ARR, epI-III - analog & digital Marklin Classics only.
CU#6021 FX-MOTOROLA DIGITAL SYSTEM. Fast as lightning and no trouble. What else ...
Outlaw Member of BIG JUHAN's OUTSIDER CLUB. With the most members, worldwide

thanks 8 users liked this useful post by john black
Offline alonso231gery  
#2 Posted : 21 July 2006 00:27:52(UTC)
alonso231gery

Greece   
Congratulations John,i bet it is a masterpiece.
I do not know why but US models are among the best or maybe the best...
Can u test her pulling power?
Is it so great?
Can you compare her with the fx PA-1 from the starter set?
I guess you are waiting for the matching wagons...
Will u split the locos?
An outsider.
I'm looking for the owner of that horse. He's tall, blonde, he smokes a cigar, and he's a pig!
Offline 5HorizonsRR  
#3 Posted : 21 July 2006 01:10:55(UTC)
5HorizonsRR

United States   
NICE!!!!! I've been eyeballing them on Ebay but no funds at the moment. Where did you get yours from?
SBB Era 2-5
Offline PierreGILLARD  
#4 Posted : 21 July 2006 01:37:37(UTC)
PierreGILLARD

You must be happy John ! Smile

It would be great to have assorted cars and caboose for that loc now ... wink

Pierre.
Offline jonquinn  
#5 Posted : 21 July 2006 03:23:39(UTC)
jonquinn

what we need (not necessarily from Marklin) are some nice stream line passenger cars for these PA-1 locos. I'm pretty sure the were primarily a passenger train puller.
There are lots of pullman types, but maybe these are too old for the big RR companies to have used with the PA-1's in their heyday. Some would be painted, like the PRR or NYC woudl have done.
there are a whole slew of these D&RGW PA-1's on ebay right now.
Offline rschaffr  
#6 Posted : 21 July 2006 05:19:57(UTC)
rschaffr

United States   
Nice, John. You need level 4...getting a little crowded.
-Ron
Digital, Epoch IV-V(K-track/IB), Epoch III(C-track/6021/6036/6051)
http://www.sem-co.com/~rschaffr/trains/trains.html
Offline grnwtrs  
#7 Posted : 21 July 2006 07:12:01(UTC)
grnwtrs

United States   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by john black
<br />Well, she (they) arrived one hour ago. First, please excuse the bad quality of the pictures - alas, this is all what my poor photographic skills (and my cheap camera) are able to ... [:I]

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

My report on her is short: She's perfect (like all US models) - a true masterpiece by M [:p][:p][:p] !!!
All that has been said in the past about her yellow, red and grey sisters fits her, too. Excellent performance and craftmanship, very nice detailing plus the world's top standard of quality materials one is looking for when buying a premium Marklin you will find in this great loco - surely worth every cent. Thanks, M Smile

See ya later (have to run her, again ... biggrin)
John

Great!! That is a super model. I wonder where mine is. Should I call Walbinger?

Thanks for the sharing of the nice pictures

Gene
on the left coast
Offline steventrain  
#8 Posted : 21 July 2006 09:46:36(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Congratulations John,very nice.

Enjoy it.Smile
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline Bill Marklin  
#9 Posted : 21 July 2006 12:51:54(UTC)
Bill Marklin

Hi John,
WOW, I love it[:p]
Are all with the mfx decoders
and 5 star engine?
Then you are lucky!!biggrin
Greetings
Bill
K-Rail layout wth DC,
Delta Control and C-rail layout with Mobile Station
Offline ulf999  
#10 Posted : 21 July 2006 14:35:16(UTC)
ulf999

CONGRATS John! A beauty!
Does she make as much noice as the other PAs (sounds off...) or is she silent like the "Mike"?
Ulf, American HO. www.goldenvalleyroute.com/
Offline john black  
#11 Posted : 21 July 2006 18:48:30(UTC)
john black

United States   
Thanks, friends.

Nikos: No - can't really test any pulling power on my micro layout ... [xx(]
Well, compared to my 3 other (fx) PA-1s startup of motor sound is a bit different
- a few sound pieces (air pressure, relay) have been added. Also brake squealing Smile,
a'la BB and GG-1. Yep, it were just nice if they released the matching box cars plus
a caboose, soon. Also some nice D&RGW passenger cars (as Jon had mentioned) surely
won't hurt biggrin. By now I won't split her - she's just nice as she is ...

John: From my preferred European dealer. He is really fast, always [^]

Pierre: I am, Pierre, I am ... And you are right with those box cars
- they are with us since year 2002 (US starter set #29848).
Though never released as a regular item ... [xx(]

UserPostedImage

Jon: Great idea of yours. But I doubt we'll ever get 'em by M ...

Ron: This assembly was just for the shooting. There are tons of parking space left, still [:o)]

Gene: Thanks! But who on earth is Walbinger confusedconfusedconfused

Steven: Thanks - I'll do this (though I'll never reach your loco count ... biggrin)

Bill: You're too kind ... And no, my other PA-1s are fx with 5-star motor

Ulf: Yeah - same coffeegrinder noise (with motor sound off) like the other gang members biggrin

John
I hope no one visits a poor Southener's layout in Brooklyn. Intruders beware of Gators.
AT&SF, D&RGW, T&P, SP, WP, UP, BN, NYC, ARR, epI-III - analog & digital Marklin Classics only.
CU#6021 FX-MOTOROLA DIGITAL SYSTEM. Fast as lightning and no trouble. What else ...

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by john black
Offline martinfung  
#12 Posted : 21 July 2006 19:20:18(UTC)
martinfung

Congratulation, John! Nice double header!!
Quote:
By now I won't split her - she's just nice as she is ...
I know some forum members have expressed they don't like the fact 37612 comes in a two-loco set, instead of allowing them to purchase the second unit if they wanted to. But since I don't have a permanent layout, I dislike the other PA-1's and F7s setup: every time when I want to play with them I will have to take one unit apart to insert the wires, etc., and when I'm done, I need to take them apart and store in different boxes. 37612 makes it a lot smoother!
Still beginner, no layout, random buying
O-gauge, 3R Scale US Steamers (avatar is not of my collection, but the models are nice)
Märklin HO anything :-)
Offline martinfung  
#13 Posted : 21 July 2006 19:32:23(UTC)
martinfung

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by 5HorizonsRR
<br />NICE!!!!! I've been eyeballing them on Ebay but no funds at the moment. Where did you get yours from?
John, as Jon has pointed out, there are a whole bunch on eBay for $379 plus S&H. The price is very good. I've placed my order before my German dealer raised the price in mid June on the 2006 new items, and mine is very comparable to the $379 figure. $379 is better than any of my German dealers' current prices.
O-gauge, 3R Scale US Steamers (avatar is not of my collection, but the models are nice)
Offline john black  
#14 Posted : 21 July 2006 19:37:55(UTC)
john black

United States   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by martinfung
<br />I know some forum members have expressed they don't like the fact 37612 comes in a two-loco set,
instead of allowing them to purchase the second unit if they wanted to

Martin: I was the very first who complained, then [}:)] ... Well, at the moment I can accept that "Janus" look
- really don't know if for long. Since generally I do prefer running my double headers noses up front ...

But splitting were no big deal. Had her open, already (what else): one screw to loosen, one plug to pull
- that was it! Talked with dealer about needed parts for upgrading loco #2 - easy task, too.

Thanks Smile,
John

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by john black
Offline martinfung  
#15 Posted : 21 July 2006 19:50:02(UTC)
martinfung

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by jonquinn
<br />what we need (not necessarily from Marklin) are some nice stream line passenger cars for these PA-1 locos.
Jon, I do hope Marklin will do some more US passenger cars. I know those will take R1 if it's from Marklin. Although I have R3, R4 and R5 curves, I haven't done any layouts without R1 and R2. All other manufacturers' coaches other have mentioned here always require at least R3.

And I also hope it's not just a re-silk-screen of the current streamliner. I already have that in Amtrak, AT&SF and CA Zephyr, and it starts to get a bit boring. Some new molding please Smile
Offline alonso231gery  
#16 Posted : 21 July 2006 19:54:31(UTC)
alonso231gery

Greece   
For the moment they just increase the prices.[}:)]
An outsider.
I'm looking for the owner of that horse. He's tall, blonde, he smokes a cigar, and he's a pig!
Offline martinfung  
#17 Posted : 21 July 2006 20:07:32(UTC)
martinfung

Quote:
<br />
Quote:
<br />I know some forum members have expressed they don't like the fact 37612 comes in a two-loco set, instead of allowing them to purchase the second unit if they wanted to

Martin: I was the very first who complained, then [}:)] ... Well, at the moment I can accept that "Janus" look - really don't know if for long. Since I prefer running my double headers noses up front ...

But splitting were no big deal. Had her open, already (what else): one screw to loosen, one plug to pull - that was it! Talked with dealer about needed parts for upgrading loco #2 - easy task, too.

Thanks Smile,
John

John, I also personally think noses up front looks nice, and I've seen a few pictures of the real things forum members posted in here. But am I correct that prototypically it is normally done in front to back, to facilitate better push-pull and always have a headlight in either direction when the jointed engines are in the yard without the freights?

Splitting units apart is definitely no big deal to me. But it's just a hassle. I'm just afraid in the long run I will be too lazy to connect up all those boosters, and then I will ask myself why I've wasted money on something I don't use wink
Offline john black  
#18 Posted : 21 July 2006 20:20:53(UTC)
john black

United States   
Martin: On the "big" layout F7s and PA-1s drove in both configurations - although noses up front
was the most common. Personally I like the look of A-B combos best (you always know where
head and a** are biggrin) - but (also here) I doubt if we will ever get an ALCO B-unit by M ...

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Also, there've been unmotorised steam generator B-units, for heating the coaches:

UserPostedImage

Offline martinfung  
#19 Posted : 21 July 2006 20:43:45(UTC)
martinfung

Quote:
<br />Martin: On the "big" layout F7s and PA-1s drove in both configurations - although noses up front was the most common. Personally I like the look of A-B combos best (you always know where head and a** are biggrin) - but (also here) I doubt if we will ever get an ALCO B-unit by M ...

Thanks for the info, John. And once again, congratulation on your newest acquisition.
Offline john black  
#20 Posted : 21 July 2006 21:26:20(UTC)
john black

United States   
Thanks for your great contribution, Martin

Offline john black  
#21 Posted : 21 July 2006 21:33:41(UTC)
john black

United States   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by alonso231gery
<br />For the moment they just increase the prices [}:)]

Nikos: At the moment she carries the old price tag, still. If one can call an 2006 new item's price "old" [:o)]

Offline martinfung  
#22 Posted : 21 July 2006 23:42:24(UTC)
martinfung

Quote:
<br />Thanks for your great contribution, Martin
Thanks for the compliment Cool, John, when I actually haven't contributed anything to the real 37612 discussions yet. I can't because I still haven't received my 37612 yet, probably won't be for a while, and it's all thanks to you and McLae [}:)][}:)][}:)]. You know you guys always praise the croc. So, with all you guys' suggestions, I got a Ce 6/8. In truth I do agree croc is Marklin's specialty and so it's not a bad idea to have one. But I don't want a croc to be lonely even I have no plan to start collecting crocs. And so I've ordered a 39223 (your discussion about the disappearing of big C-sine motors). The dealer told me it will be there in two weeks, and it was two months ago [:0][:0]. So now I am waiting patiently for my E194. Until then, I won't be seeing my 37612. But that's okay as I'm not in any hurry.
Offline martinfung  
#23 Posted : 21 July 2006 23:51:06(UTC)
martinfung

Quote:
<br />
Quote:
<br />For the moment they just increase the prices [}:)]

Nikos: At the moment she carries the old price tag, still. If one can call an 2006 new item's price "old" [:o)]

Only one German dealer that I use raised prices on some 2006 items. The rest of my dealers haven't. Before the price increase, the 37612 from there was 20 Euro cheaper than the others. Now it's 20 Euro more expensive than the others.
Offline john black  
#24 Posted : 22 July 2006 00:01:04(UTC)
john black

United States   
Quote:
<br />... and it's all thanks to you and McLae [}:)][}:)][}:)]. You know you guys always praise the croc.
So I got a Ce 6/8 ... now I am waiting patiently for my E194

This is funny, Martin. A few years back I had not the slightest idea what a Gator is - let alone looks.
It was McLae The Gatormaster Cool, then, who triggered this fever inside me biggrinbiggrinbiggrin

Great choices, congratulations! What is your Ce 6/8 - a #39560 ?

Offline steventrain  
#25 Posted : 22 July 2006 00:31:16(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Hi John

You might be have a look at Pictures from late Donald Beneke.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

I have links of pictures if you want see more.
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline jonquinn  
#26 Posted : 22 July 2006 02:20:39(UTC)
jonquinn

the walthers pullman flat sides streamline passenger cars may be appropriate, but the photos also show the corrugated side streamliners, which marklin does, or did. as long as the paint scheme is close to the originals, I wouldn't mind. They don't have too many different types yet.
the walthers cars probably won't take the small radius turns.

there is a brass imprter called Coachworks, I think, that makes some outstanding passenger cars (they were at the NMRA national train shows), unforturnately for the price of one of their consists, you could probably have every BB number ever built for the UP RR (you'd have to add numbers to your marklin BBs)
Offline PierreGILLARD  
#27 Posted : 22 July 2006 02:41:11(UTC)
PierreGILLARD

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by jonquinn
<br />(...) the walthers cars probably won't take the small radius turns (...)

That's true : R3 minimum.

Further details here.

Pierre.
Offline PierreGILLARD  
#28 Posted : 22 July 2006 02:45:10(UTC)
PierreGILLARD

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by steventrain
<br />Hi John

You might be have a look at Pictures from late Donald Beneke.

(...)

I have links of pictures if you want see more.

Thanks Steven. I always really like these beautiful old outsized train postcards.

Pierre.
Offline john black  
#29 Posted : 22 July 2006 11:07:12(UTC)
john black

United States   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by steventrain
<br />You might be have a look at Pictures from late Donald Beneke.
I have links of pictures if you want see more

Hi Steven Smile: Great, my friend !!! They are excellent, that's what I wanted
- the D&RGW PA-1 at Royal Gorge - many thanks [:p][:p][:p]
And yes, please give us those links for getting more of this stuff ... biggrin

John

Offline steventrain  
#30 Posted : 22 July 2006 11:57:41(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Hi john,

Of course,Here is the link

http://www.hankstruckpic...es.com/donald_beneke.htm

and another links with too many photos

http://www.hankstruckpictures.com/hankindex.htm
Offline john black  
#31 Posted : 22 July 2006 11:59:46(UTC)
john black

United States   
Coolness - thanks, again, Steven Smile

Offline steventrain  
#32 Posted : 22 July 2006 12:02:52(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Quote:
<br />Coolness - thanks, again, Steven Smile

You are welcome,enjoy it.

PS Dont forget add links to favourites places.
Offline john black  
#33 Posted : 22 July 2006 12:41:30(UTC)
john black

United States   
Done, Sir biggrin! WOW - this Donald Beneke Collection is outstanding ...

Offline martinfung  
#34 Posted : 22 July 2006 18:56:54(UTC)
martinfung

Quote:
<br />
Quote:
<br />... and it's all thanks to you and McLae [}:)][}:)][}:)]. You know you guys always praise the croc.
So I got a Ce 6/8 ... now I am waiting patiently for my E194

This is funny, Martin. A few years back I had not the slightest idea what a Gator is - let alone looks.
It was McLae The Gatormaster Cool, then, who triggered this fever inside me biggrinbiggrinbiggrin

Great choices, congratulations! What is your Ce 6/8 - a #39560 ?

John, same here as having no idea what a gator is. Back in April when I first started, I have seen the word "gator" being mentioned in the forum, and about how great the model is, and so on. I think it was in your NYC layout pictures that I've first matched the word gator with the real lok. It's not the best looking lok (nothing like a BB or ICE3), but it is striking, and certainly a good conversation starter among friends (I am the first and so far the only MRR among us).

John, your guess of 39560 was close. It would have been a C-sine. Again, influence from some forum members [}:)][}:)][}:)]. Also, in the gator thread I have also learnt some colors are more rare than others, with green being the most common. Since I am only going to have just a few of these, I mind as well get a 39561. If I truly going to start collecting gators, I will definitely get the 39560 too. Or may be even the 32000 to go with the rest [:I]. Just kidding. I can't afford that even if it's 50% off! I thought you were joking in the gator thread when you mentioned the price is the same as the model number. Well, I have just looked at the year 2000 catalog and sure enough you are right. And I am equally amazed to see Lutz actually own one as shown in the gator thread [:0]
Offline john black  
#35 Posted : 22 July 2006 20:34:03(UTC)
john black

United States   
Martin: Well, many moons ago we divided 'em into two classes of beasts - if memory serves it was John's
(5Horizons) Cool great idea. Now all of them (and some more) assemble happily at Gatormania:

BE(CE)6/8 and Seetal = Crocodile

GG-1/E94/E194/E254/E1020 = Gator

Well, a Platinum Croco for €32000 don't impressing me much - toys of the rich ... [xx(]
And after the first small scratch it's D-day ... What counts more is to compensate for that (missing) cash,
having ideas and creating things by your own. It adds to the fun, too.

BTW, fun - this special PA-1 triggered something inside me ... [:o)]
Always wanted an Electric in Rio Grande livery (I know, there never was) and looking at my new beast
I decided to make one of my own, now. Gimme a few days ... biggrin

John

Offline alonso231gery  
#36 Posted : 22 July 2006 20:45:46(UTC)
alonso231gery

Greece   
But you said John that you won't buy it,unless they produce matching wagons,right?wink[}:)]biggrin
An outsider.
Offline john black  
#37 Posted : 22 July 2006 20:52:54(UTC)
john black

United States   
Bean counting, huh ??? [}:)] I know I've said this, Nikos - but if I'd wait for those cars the locos are gone [xx(]
Well, Robert Fulcrum once said: "All I needed for life I learned at Kindergarten" ...

Offline alonso231gery  
#38 Posted : 22 July 2006 21:00:28(UTC)
alonso231gery

Greece   
Quote:
<br />Bean counting, huh ??? [}:)] I know I've said this, Nikos - but if I'd wait for the cars the locos are gone ... [xx(]

You are right.
An outsider.
Offline john black  
#39 Posted : 22 July 2006 21:04:11(UTC)
john black

United States   
biggrin

Offline martinfung  
#40 Posted : 22 July 2006 21:55:42(UTC)
martinfung

Quote:
<br />Martin: Well, many moons ago we divided 'em into two classes of beasts - if memory serves it was John's (5Horizons) Cool great idea.
Good work, John (5Horizons). So just like how they are classified in the animal kingdom. Smile
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:BTW, fun - this special PA-1 triggered something inside me ... [:o)]
Always wanted an Electric in [i]Rio Grande
livery (I know, there never was) and looking at my new beast
I decided to make one of my own, now. Gimme a few days ... biggrin

John

To save you one whole day on this project, I will recommend you start with the 37491. All you need to do is to add the yellow color biggrinbiggrinbiggrin. Unless you are thinking just pop a pantograph on top of the PA-1 biggrin. But then that's cheating as there has never been any mod on PA-1 like that in real life. My GG-1 solution is a good one. Actually D&RG did purchase a GG-1 [:o)]. Unfortunately all the purchase records, photos and the actual locomotive were destroyed in a big fire, a very big one. [}:)][}:)]
Offline alonso231gery  
#41 Posted : 22 July 2006 22:08:37(UTC)
alonso231gery

Greece   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote: I guess random buying is more to the truth

Intresting point of view.
An outsider.
Offline martinfung  
#42 Posted : 22 July 2006 22:25:34(UTC)
martinfung

Quote:
<br />
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote: I guess random buying is more to the truth

Intresting point of view.
Hi Nikos, when I first started out, as recommended by other forum members, I formed a locale-era plan. But as I went along, I found that too limiting for what I like. So it is random buying for now. Plus I know practically nothing about RR history. So instead, I find diversity more interesting. Case and point, where do you stick the lucky pig locomotive in the locale-era scheme?
Offline alonso231gery  
#43 Posted : 23 July 2006 01:57:06(UTC)
alonso231gery

Greece   
Me too but i do not like at all era 1...
An outsider.
Offline viragoLDR  
#44 Posted : 23 July 2006 02:30:07(UTC)
viragoLDR

I used to mix everything together, every era and every country. On the other hand, I've always liked somewhat prototypical trains. For H0, most era's would be out of the question for me considering space required to run a 10-car intercity. So, my choice went to eraI, when trains were small. Another factor in the decision was that I had bought the royal blue s3/6 (I know it's eraV, but it'll do in eraI ;)). Then, when I saw the gt 2x4/4 and the D XII, I knew Bavarian was gonna be my choice for H0.

For my Japanese N-scale, I'm going mixed, although mostly later era. The problem with Japanese prototypical modelling is the crazy amount of trains they have there. They basically have different trains for each line, including all the local ones. They're all the same type, but they all have different colors. It's somewhat like all the different RR companies in the US, but then more extreme. Even if I were to say eraV Yamanote line, which is the circular line in Tokyo, that would require in incredible amount of trains. So in that case, just getting the ones that look good is the way to go.

Anyway, back to the topic, I never liked the PA-1's too much, but the Rio grande color scheme is great =)
- Martijn
(early planning : H0-scale Era I K.Bay.sts.b)
(active planning : N-scale mixed late Era Japanese)
(possibly something Z-scale as well ;))
Offline martinfung  
#45 Posted : 23 July 2006 23:26:36(UTC)
martinfung

John, all the pictures you posted show none of them use green as the anti-glare color on the hood. Do you think Marklin got it wrong?
Offline steventrain  
#46 Posted : 24 July 2006 00:09:30(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Yeah,You are right martinfung.
Offline ulf999  
#47 Posted : 24 July 2006 00:34:51(UTC)
ulf999

Couldn't spot this one in your topic John, so here's one for you John:

UserPostedImage

from the 4862 kit Cool
/Ulf
Ulf, American HO. www.goldenvalleyroute.com/
Offline steventrain  
#48 Posted : 24 July 2006 10:04:56(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Very good wagon kit ulf999.Smile
Offline john black  
#49 Posted : 24 July 2006 10:40:13(UTC)
john black

United States   
Quote:
<br />1) To save you one whole day on this project, I will recommend you start with the 37491.
All you need to do is to add the yellow color biggrinbiggrinbiggrin

2) Actually D&RG did purchase a GG-1 [:o)]. Unfortunately all the purchase records, photos
and the actual locomotive were destroyed in a big fire, a very big one. [}:)][}:)]

ad 1) Given my skills as a painter I'd destroy this beauty, immediately ... [xx(]
No - got one old Electric, already, I can sacrifice for the job biggrin

ad 2) I never knew ... this is most interesting information - thanks, Martin Smile

ad 3) M got it right. There've been two different colors for the bonnet: green and grey-brown.
And I'm just glad it isn't that boring grey ...

Offline john black  
#50 Posted : 24 July 2006 11:00:17(UTC)
john black

United States   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by ulf999
<br />Couldn't spot this one in your topic John, so here's one for you John, from the 4862 kit Cool

Great, Ulf - many thanks Smile !!!
One of the most beautiful but long gone tin plate series [:p][:p][:p] - almost unavailable, today.
But I'll be just glad if we get the new ones made of plastic, soon ... [:I]