Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Joseph Meiring  
#1 Posted : 25 May 2015 21:59:51(UTC)
Joseph Meiring

South Africa   
Paging thru the 2014/15 catalogue - only received mine this weekendCrying I noticed the 2 x class 52 loco set; weathered versions, one with the condensing tender.
Anyone have this loco, or any info on this modelConfused
I can get the 31031-2 for around 290 Euro at MBS lippe, taking into account my bonus, and was wondering if this was a worthwhile buy...can't really see the extent of the weathering on the pics in the catalogue...
The condensing tender reminds me of the SAR class 25 condensing locos here in South Africa - traveling thru the semi-desert Karoo, water was a scarce commodity back in the days of steam; was a beaut of a locoDrool
tx, Joe
Offline kiwiAlan  
#2 Posted : 25 May 2015 23:27:04(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Joe Meiring Go to Quoted Post
Paging thru the 2014/15 catalogue - only received mine this weekendCrying I noticed the 2 x class 52 loco set; weathered versions, one with the condensing tender.
Anyone have this loco, or any info on this modelConfused
I can get the 31031-2 for around 290 Euro at MBS lippe, taking into account my bonus, and was wondering if this was a worthwhile buy...can't really see the extent of the weathering on the pics in the catalogue...
The condensing tender reminds me of the SAR class 25 condensing locos here in South Africa - traveling thru the semi-desert Karoo, water was a scarce commodity back in the days of steam; was a beaut of a locoDrool
tx, Joe

Check the 'leiferterme' list that steventrain provides a link to in his delivery list for when this item will be shipped.

I believe the SAR tenders were a post-war development by the same company as manufactured the German tenders.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline Jake  
#3 Posted : 27 May 2015 17:31:21(UTC)
Jake

United States   
I have one and like it a lot......had ESU loksound installed....like that as well....condenser is cool....
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Jake
Offline Joseph Meiring  
#4 Posted : 27 May 2015 17:36:49(UTC)
Joseph Meiring

South Africa   
Thanks Jake - does it have the "chuff-chuff" sounds? I believe the prototypical correct sound for these condensing locos don't have that sound....?
Offline tulit  
#5 Posted : 27 May 2015 21:45:35(UTC)
tulit

Canada   
Originally Posted by: Joe Meiring Go to Quoted Post
Thanks Jake - does it have the "chuff-chuff" sounds? I believe the prototypical correct sound for these condensing locos don't have that sound....?

No chuff chuff, the condensor loks have a different sound program. Sounds more like a diesel ;)
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by tulit