Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Modelleisenbahnfan  
#1 Posted : 21 May 2015 15:33:59(UTC)
Modelleisenbahnfan

Germany   
Hi all,

I've tested it, so the proof is really furnished:
The new BR50 (37835) from Märklin can not only mfx+ (and MM) but also DCC!
I didn't tested if there are also more functions, because I didn't liked to do the DCC-programming. But even with mfx+ the Loco has not only 16 Sound"slots" but 28 Sound"slots"!
For me in the moment, it's indiffferent, if the Märklin-locos can DCC or not, because I prefer mfx(+) and don't need more than 16 functions per loco in the moment. But for someone other this could be a nice information and it eliminates "half knowledge" and prejudices.

kind regards

Robert

P.S.: I'm curious about the next Central Station update...
Märklin, what else?
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by Modelleisenbahnfan
Offline Hackcell  
#2 Posted : 21 May 2015 16:04:21(UTC)
Hackcell

Costa Rica   
Originally Posted by: Modelleisenbahnfan Go to Quoted Post
Hi all,

I've tested it, so the proof is really furnished:
The new BR50 (37835) from Märklin can not only mfx+ (and MM) but also DCC!
I didn't tested if there are also more functions, because I didn't liked to do the DCC-programming. But even with mfx+ the Loco has not only 16 Sound"slots" but 28 Sound"slots"!
For me in the moment, it's indiffferent, if the Märklin-locos can DCC or not, because I prefer mfx(+) and don't need more than 16 functions per loco in the moment. But for someone other this could be a nice information and it eliminates "half knowledge" and prejudices.

kind regards

Robert

P.S.: I'm curious about the next Central Station update...

Cool!!!!

From my side I prefer DCC over mfx because it allows me to use more standard braking modules than the Marklin/Viessmann ones. I have an automatic braking module from dccbitswitch and whenever an mfx loco crosses it, a shortcut happens. BRAWA, ESU and MTH with a dcc decoder doesn't have any issues at all.

Perhaps if the braking method was possible to be configured on mfx locos, life would be easier for me :-)
Danilo Jiménez
Union Pacific and DB Cargo H0 models.
Märklin, Brawa, MTH and some Walthers cars (nobody is perfect!)
Pinball machines, jukeboxes and Horses.
Costa Rica, pura vida!!
Offline RayF  
#3 Posted : 21 May 2015 16:20:16(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Is this a deliberate act, or have they just put a replacement decoder in this loco instead of the standard factory fitted version? Can it be confirmed by others with this loco type?

I have no preference either way as I always use mfx or MM by choice, but I don't mind having the option of DCC.

Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by RayF
Offline Modelleisenbahnfan  
#4 Posted : 21 May 2015 16:57:04(UTC)
Modelleisenbahnfan

Germany   
Hi,

@Danilo: You must know that (in the moment) you can use DCC in mfx-locos only if you deactivate mfx in your Central Station.
Deactivating mfx in the decoder isn't possible - also in the moment. But I'm not really sure.

@Ray: A replacement decoder? With mfx+??
Another modelrailroader has discovered the DCC in this loco first me.

kind regards

Robert
Märklin, what else?
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Modelleisenbahnfan
Offline RayF  
#5 Posted : 21 May 2015 17:35:15(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Hi,

@Danilo: You must know that (in the moment) you can use DCC in mfx-locos only if you deactivate mfx in your Central Station.
Deactivating mfx in the decoder isn't possible - also in the moment. But I'm not really sure.

kind regards

Robert

Hi Robert,

I thought you posted "mfx and DCC". I missed the "+", sorry!

Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by RayF
Offline H0  
#6 Posted : 21 May 2015 18:07:53(UTC)
H0

Hi!
Originally Posted by: RayF Go to Quoted Post
Is this a deliberate act, or have they just put a replacement decoder in this loco instead of the standard factory fitted version?
Maybe they accidentally used the wrong firmware for this decoder.

The loco manual does not mention DCC.

The default addresses of this loco are 50 (MM) and 3 (DCC). Only address 50 is given in the manual.

Users with an Intellibox, Z21, z21, or other DCC/MM controllers have to use the undocumented DCC address 3 because the loco will not respond to the MM address if DCC is active in the track signal. Those who try the documented address 50 will get no reaction from the loco, may assume a defect and may return it to the dealer.
So if you get this loco and can't get it going with a non-Märklin controller, remember to try DCC address 3 before returning it to the dealer.

Previous mfx+ decoders had a white PCB, this new loco is said to have mfx+ decoders with a green PCB and a slightly different layout.

It will be interesting to see whether DCC is a new feature - or just a one-time accident.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline Hackcell  
#7 Posted : 21 May 2015 20:42:45(UTC)
Hackcell

Costa Rica   
Hi,

kind regards

Robert

I delete the mfx locos (37629, 37995) then I change the protocol to DCC only and there is no way to have it detected with the default 3 address. Funny thing is, pure DCC locos (Brawa, MTH and an ESU) work just fine.

I think the CS2 detects the mfx decoder and refuses to have it working using DCC.
Danilo Jiménez
Union Pacific and DB Cargo H0 models.
Märklin, Brawa, MTH and some Walthers cars (nobody is perfect!)
Pinball machines, jukeboxes and Horses.
Costa Rica, pura vida!!
Offline H0  
#8 Posted : 21 May 2015 22:17:59(UTC)
H0

So far the 37835 is the only mfx+ loco with the new decoder that also supports DCC. The "older" mfx+ decoders with a white PCB do not support DCC. No CS2 magic, just a decoder limitation.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by H0