Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Rip Track  
#1 Posted : 21 May 2015 04:53:41(UTC)
Rip Track

United States   
Hello. I have my eyes on the new Trix 22248 BR 24 locomotive. (HO Two rail DCC Sound.) Can anyone tell me if I'll have any problems using it with my NCE Powercab? I'm also interested in Rocco and Fleischmann DCC locs. I'd appreciate any advise regarding their possible use with the Powercab.
Offline kimballthurlow  
#2 Posted : 21 May 2015 06:59:11(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Hi RIP,
I regularly use a Trix Mikado (Pennsy) with an NCE Powercab, with no problems. You will however have to discover which buttons operate the sounds, as the default buttons are not correct for Trix.
Steam sound on/off is 2 (if I remember correctly), and whistle is 3.
Just do some experiments.

regards
Kimball
HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
Offline sjlauritsen  
#3 Posted : 21 May 2015 12:05:58(UTC)
sjlauritsen

Denmark   
It's DCC, so it will work. No problems.
Søren from Denmark
Blog: https://railway.zone/ | Danish Model Railway Forum: https://baneforum.dk/
Offline Goofy  
#4 Posted : 21 May 2015 18:33:20(UTC)
Goofy

Originally Posted by: Rip Track Go to Quoted Post
Hello. I have my eyes on the new Trix 22248 BR 24 locomotive. (HO Two rail DCC Sound.) Can anyone tell me if I'll have any problems using it with my NCE Powercab? I'm also interested in Rocco and Fleischmann DCC locs. I'd appreciate any advise regarding their possible use with the Powercab.

Check at the youtube first and stream video about Trix BR24.
It will works fine with all digital system which supports DCC too.
Also other brands will work fine with the NCE digital system too.

H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline Rip Track  
#5 Posted : 22 May 2015 02:41:09(UTC)
Rip Track

United States   
Thanks guys. Sounds as if there will be some discovery of button functions, but compatibility should be ok.

Goofy, I tried looking for reviews for this locomotive, but I have not had much luck. It's a new item for 2015.
Online H0  
#6 Posted : 22 May 2015 08:06:04(UTC)
H0

Hi!
Originally Posted by: Rip Track Go to Quoted Post
I tried looking for reviews for this locomotive, but I have not had much luck. It's a new item for 2015.
No wonder: it wasn't shipped yet.

The mould was used by Märklin for a few years now. I don't think the 22248 will be much different from previous models from the same mould.
It's an entry-level loco. I only have the version without sound and IMHO it's good value for the money.
I have no experience how the BR 24 runs with an mfx decoder, but similar MäTrix hobby locos perform better with fx decoder than with mfx decoder.

BTW: The handmade sample of the 22248 was not assembled correctly. The picture with the rod problem is still in the product database and they showed the loco like that at the exhibition at Nuremberg.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline LukefromNJ  
#7 Posted : 11 September 2016 18:01:16(UTC)
LukefromNJ

United States   
I got Trix 22248 about a month ago. I don't have NCE Powercab, but it worked fine with my Bachmann Ez-Command controller.

The valve gear is properly assembled, not like how it looks on the sample pictures. It's a good (if somewhat basic) design, with a real feeling of heft for its small size as a result of the use of metal for the body. Sound is good, with the chuff matching the speed quite well (and realistically going quiet when it is slowing down) and sounds like the brake squeal, whistle, and other sounds sound good as well. The details on the body are fairly basic compared to other (more expensive) engines, with things being molded in where they'd be separately-applied parts on other models. The smoke deflectors are metal and of the full-size "Wagner" type. The lights are bright and change with direction. Lettering is well-done, with numbers, the DB "Keks" logo, information, and the builder's plate being sharply-applied and legible.

Performance is also very good, with there being quite a lot of pulling power for such a small engine. The simulated momentum (which can be switched off) makes stopping in the right place a bit of a challenge, but that's just like the real thing.

Overall, I think this is a terrific basic model of the "Steppenpferd" and a real bargain for its price. It's also my first sound-equipped steam engine!

SAM_0263.JPG
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by LukefromNJ