Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Bob  
#1 Posted : 20 May 2015 14:27:11(UTC)
Bob

Hi,
I am seriously thinking of going to the Marklin Days and IMA in Goppingen this September 2015.
I have never been to Goppingen so I am asking for some advice. Judging by photos of past events it is very hectic there. As anyone been there recently? I was thinking of looking for a hotel in Stuttgart and then catching the train. Are there better options? Would it be better to seek accommodation in Goppingen?
It is a long way from South Australia so I would like to have as much information as possible.
Is anyone else planning to go this year?
As an aside, I would like to go to toy (model train) fair/ flea market anywhere in Germany. I have searched the internet but could not find anything about in September or October.

Unsure Bob.
Running Mtrack analogue and Ctrack digital. Collector of V200s.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Bob
Offline PJMärklin  
#2 Posted : 20 May 2015 15:47:06(UTC)
PJMärklin

Australia   
Originally Posted by: Bob Go to Quoted Post
Hi,
I am seriously thinking of going to the Marklin Days and IMA in Goppingen this September 2015.
I have never been to Goppingen so I am asking for some advice. Judging by photos of past events it is very hectic there. As anyone been there recently? I was thinking of looking for a hotel in Stuttgart and then catching the train. Are there better options? Would it be better to seek accommodation in Goppingen?
It is a long way from South Australia so I would like to have as much information as possible.
Is anyone else planning to go this year?
As an aside, I would like to go to toy (model train) fair/ flea market anywhere in Germany. I have searched the internet but could not find anything about in September or October.

Unsure Bob.

Hello Bob,

I envy your visit to "Märklin Days".

We visited Göppingen last year during some time in Europe, primarily for the Marklin Museum.
We stayed at Opus Hotel St Christophorus in Göppingen. This is simple but very hospitable accommodation with folk of good heart and intent.
It is only one block from the Märklin Museum and only a short taxi trip from the original Märklin factory and the train station.
(Look forward to your photos)

In regards to "flea markets" in Germany, I am sure many members have much information.
One member who often visits Germany to pursue his interest in past Märklin model trains is Utkan. I expect he could acquaint you with many markets of "previously loved" Märklin.

Regards,

PJ
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by PJMärklin
Offline Bob  
#3 Posted : 21 May 2015 13:40:45(UTC)
Bob

G'day PJ,
thanks for the tip, I will look up the Hotel you suggested. Maybe they still have a vacancy.

I am following Utkans latest trip to Germany and I hope to get in touch with him, maybe he can give me some advice on flea markets.

Bob..
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Bob
Offline MikeR  
#4 Posted : 21 May 2015 20:46:43(UTC)
MikeR

United States   
Hi Bob

Thanks for posting this request. I am also considering visiting Goppingen with my wife (also an avid train enthusiast) for the 3 day treff. I was considering posting a similar request to yours so I look forward to seeing the advice you receive. If we both go perhaps we can meet up during our visit. I think in previous years the members of the user-group arrange a dinner or get together of some sort for those attending the treff.

Although I have a long way to travel, you will be travelling considerably further.

Regards
Mike
Digital - C track with CS2 and Railroad&Co TrainController; feedback using LocoIO via a Locobuffer
Analog - M track with solid centre rail (after C track layout is complete)
Collect all Eras - especially Crocodiles
Member of ETE
Previously a member of the Marklin Modellers' Group Johannesburg
Offline hennabm  
#5 Posted : 21 May 2015 20:52:17(UTC)
hennabm

Scotland   
Hi all

I am going this year for the first timeBigGrin BigGrin

I looked at trivago and asked for hotels around Goppingen and there were still quite a few within easy driving range of the town.

I'm really looking forward to it and meeting a whole new load of M enthusiastsThumpUp

Mike
1957 - 1985 era
What's digital?
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by hennabm
Offline Bob  
#6 Posted : 22 May 2015 12:08:15(UTC)
Bob

Hi Mike and Mike,
That would be really interesting if some of us could get together in Goppingen. As I posted previously, I have never been to Goppingen and I am looking forward to that. The next task for me is to arrange the flight and accommodation.
Maybe there may be others who are considering of going

Bob.
Offline hennabm  
#7 Posted : 22 May 2015 18:22:05(UTC)
hennabm

Scotland   
Hi Bob

Others from the forum I know of are Glennm and kiwialan. Oh and Nigel Packer.

Not sure of any others.

Would be nice to meet up if you do get booked upThumpUp

Mike
1957 - 1985 era
What's digital?
Offline kiwiAlan  
#8 Posted : 22 May 2015 20:49:44(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: hennabm Go to Quoted Post
Hi Bob

Others from the forum I know of are Glennm and kiwialan. Oh and Nigel Packer.

Not sure of any others.

Would be nice to meet up if you do get booked upThumpUp

Mike

Yes, we are still planning on going.

One good place to meet up is on the station platform at an appointed time. Last time I was there a group photo was taken.

There is a free bus service around the different venues, so you will have a good chance to see everything. For those travelling by car there is a fair amount of free car parking at the main venue in the park.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline MikeR  
#9 Posted : 22 May 2015 22:15:21(UTC)
MikeR

United States   
Is it worth being there for the full 3 days or will 1 of the days cover all the activities? I have not seen a programme so I am wondering if different activities are arranged over the 3 days?
Mike
Digital - C track with CS2 and Railroad&Co TrainController; feedback using LocoIO via a Locobuffer
Member of ETE
Offline Bob  
#10 Posted : 23 May 2015 15:12:21(UTC)
Bob

Hi all,
There is a flyer on the Maerklin.de site http://www.maerklin.de/d...ungen/ima-info_2015.html
I am sure there is enough to do to fill 3 days. there is the seller exhibition at Stauferpark, train rides at the railway station and and the Leonhard - Weiss -Areal workshops. Not exactly sure about it but reads like it is a railway maintenance facility.
Meeting on the station platform sounds ok, I guess there will be 100s of people so we may all have to wear something which stands out?

Bob.
Offline kiwiAlan  
#11 Posted : 23 May 2015 16:44:01(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Bob Go to Quoted Post
Hi all,
There is a flyer on the Maerklin.de site http://www.maerklin.de/d...ungen/ima-info_2015.html
I am sure there is enough to do to fill 3 days. there is the seller exhibition at Stauferpark, train rides at the railway station and and the Leonhard - Weiss -Areal workshops. Not exactly sure about it but reads like it is a railway maintenance facility.
Meeting on the station platform sounds ok, I guess there will be 100s of people so we may all have to wear something which stands out?

Bob.

And there is a video of some of the train action at the previous one two years ago.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline hennabm  
#12 Posted : 23 May 2015 17:52:52(UTC)
hennabm

Scotland   
Hi all

Thanks for the link to the programme and the video of the 2013 finale.
So we meet up;

Perhaps we should all wear a pink carnation in our button holeLOL LOL LOL

Seriously we do need something. If it is sunny I will have my BMW cap on - if that will helpWink

Can't waitThumpUp

Mike
1957 - 1985 era
What's digital?
Offline Hackcell  
#13 Posted : 23 May 2015 18:06:16(UTC)
Hackcell

Costa Rica   
Hi,

We are organizing a group of "Märklnists" from Costa Rica to go there. It will be fun :-)
Danilo Jiménez
Union Pacific and DB Cargo H0 models.
Märklin, Brawa, MTH and some Walthers cars (nobody is perfect!)
Pinball machines, jukeboxes and Horses.
Costa Rica, pura vida!!
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Hackcell
Offline MikeR  
#14 Posted : 24 May 2015 20:52:23(UTC)
MikeR

United States   
Looks like there will be quite a large group of us. I am still considering the budgetary implications but am definitely keen. No absolute commitment yet but will need to start making arrangements soon - as well as for the rest of the trip as we will not be going all that way only for the 3 day treff.

The 3 day event looks to be quite a full agenda. Thanks for the above links.
Mike
Member of ETE
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by MikeR
Offline mrmarklin  
#15 Posted : 25 May 2015 01:55:10(UTC)
mrmarklin

United States   
Originally Posted by: MikeR Go to Quoted Post
Looks like there will be quite a large group of us. I am still considering the budgetary implications but am definitely keen. No absolute commitment yet but will need to start making arrangements soon - as well as for the rest of the trip as we will not be going all that way only for the 3 day treff.

The 3 day event looks to be quite a full agenda. Thanks for the above links.

There is plenty to do for three days.

On Friday night of the event Nigel Packer has historically organized a dinner at the Hotel Hohestaufen in Goppingen for the English speaking contingent in attendance. He is planning to do this again this year, and has warned the hotel! Last Treff dinner was very well attended.

The best hotel to stay for the event is the Hohenstaufen in Goppingen and it has the best restaurant in town as well. However, it is probably already booked up. A good alternative is Hotel International also in town. If one has a Railpass staying in either Esslingen or even Stuttgart is very viable.

I am going of course and look forward to seeing new friends!

Dave Pryor.

From the People's Republik of Kalifornia
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mrmarklin
Offline NZMarklinist  
#16 Posted : 25 May 2015 07:42:08(UTC)
NZMarklinist

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post

And there is a video of some of the train action at the previous one two years ago.

Good one Allan, At the end of Sunday in 2013, I was standing alongside Marklin's Pro Videographer on the running board of Emma, I was waiting for his video to "pop up" somewhere !

I have added the link on my video in my channel, see here ;

and here;

Glen
Auckland NZ

" Every Marklin layout needs a V200, a Railbus and a Banana car", not to mention a few Black and red Steamers, oh and the odd Elok !

CS1 Reloaded, Touch Cab, C Track Modules, K track layout all under construction. Currently Insider
Offline sjlauritsen  
#17 Posted : 25 May 2015 09:46:22(UTC)
sjlauritsen

Denmark   
I will be there this year. We stay in a hotel in Bad Boll (just a few km out of Göppingen). I plan on being there Saturday and Sunday. :-)
Søren from Denmark
Blog: https://railway.zone/ | Danish Model Railway Forum: https://baneforum.dk/
Offline hennabm  
#18 Posted : 25 May 2015 10:44:57(UTC)
hennabm

Scotland   
Hi Dave

Yes we will be there and the hotel is full but we have managed to squeeze in Sneaky.
Looking forward to meeting youThumpUp ThumpUp

Søren - the Bad Boll hotel still had vacancies last week because I checked for a friend......

Mike
1957 - 1985 era
What's digital?
Offline MikeR  
#19 Posted : 26 May 2015 09:45:54(UTC)
MikeR

United States   
Thanks for the videos and all the other comments. You have persuaded me that this year will be our treff year. I have started looking at hotels in Bad Boll. There are a few vacancies. Also need to look in Esslingen and Stuttgart so we can ride the trains every day! I will check for hotels close to the station.

Hope to see you all in Goppingen in September.
Mike
Member of ETE
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by MikeR
Offline sjlauritsen  
#20 Posted : 26 May 2015 10:12:26(UTC)
sjlauritsen

Denmark   
I can recommend Bad Boll. We live there when we are in the area.

It is a nice little village. They have a few B&B's and a few hotels. They also have several restaurants. The local bus service runs to Göppingen (travel time 15 - 20 minutes) all the time, and you can buy a day-ticket for around 12 euro's. It makes it easier for the missus to go back and forth.

I will stay at Badhotel Stauferland.

For the record Hotel Hohenstaufen still have single room vacancies, but you need to be quick. I just (10:10 AM, GMT+1) received an email from them.
Søren from Denmark
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by sjlauritsen
Offline Dreadnought  
#21 Posted : 26 May 2015 14:49:26(UTC)
Dreadnought

Canada   
2013 was my first treff. I am keeping my fingers crossed I can make this year.

I found I easily filled the three days at the treff. There is lots to see and do. I did not manage a ride on the footplate of the 01, or any other locomotive, on this year's "to do" list. I did take the "donnerbuschen" pulled by a 75 class. I needed a shower after to wash the cinders away. One day I took the DB train to Ulm to see the famous "Geisslingen grade" (sp?). Apart that I stayed at the various sites, and loved it. If you are "over marklined", hard to imagine, it is an easy day trip to Ulm, or Stuttgart.

The Marklin museum has a sort of small warehouse which was open to the public. What I suppose was surplus was for sale. It was a chance to pick up newer items that had not sold off. One member bought a Senator set and was pleased with the price.

I was in a single room at the Hohenstaufen. It was good. I had a single bed, and the room was small by North American standards. That said I was very comfortable. The staff at the hotel were excellent, friendly and kind. It is an easy walk to the station, one of the venues.

I would say it was one of the best, if not the best train show I have been to. Of course, for me, it helped that it was Marklin.

Hope this helps the undecided.
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Dreadnought
Offline Tom Jessop  
#22 Posted : 28 May 2015 00:59:33(UTC)
Tom Jessop

Australia   

The FD & my self will be there also , we plan on hiring a motorhome for 6 weeks after we finish a cruise from Venice to Istanbul . Planning to take in IMA & Eurospoor amongst many other things while we are on holidays . While in Goppingen we are thinking of leaving the motor home at a parking area next to a large stadium on the west side of the town where I think the buses do a pickup for the IMA . At Eurospoor we will probably park in the Messe parking area for the 3 days . Hope to meet up with fellow members on here & also the B&G group sometime while at each venue .

Cheers Tom in Oz . [Just back from walking the Great wall of China ] .
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Tom Jessop
Offline Bob  
#23 Posted : 03 June 2015 15:39:01(UTC)
Bob

Hi all
i just managed to book a room at the Hotel Stauferland. I could not get anything in Goeppingen, however Bad Boll looks good from the pictures.BigGrin
We now have to work out how we can identify ourselves and when and where to meet. At the railway station would be a good place, does anyone have a programme for the train events yet? No good to make a time when most of us could be off on a train ride to somewhere.

Bob.
Offline Tom Jessop  
#24 Posted : 06 June 2015 00:29:34(UTC)
Tom Jessop

Australia   

Bob , How do you intend to travel from Bad Boll to Goppingen ?

Cheers Tom in Oz
Offline sjlauritsen  
#25 Posted : 06 June 2015 08:01:55(UTC)
sjlauritsen

Denmark   
Originally Posted by: Tom Jessop Go to Quoted Post
Bob , How do you intend to travel from Bad Boll to Goppingen ?

I know I'm not Bob, but the local bus service will take you there. You can buy a day ticket for around 12 euros. Travel time is about 15 - 20 minutes.
Søren from Denmark
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by sjlauritsen
Offline Bob  
#26 Posted : 06 June 2015 15:19:42(UTC)
Bob

Thanks Soren, using the bus is a good idea and cheap. Most likely a taxi could be an alternative.
Bob
Offline Tom Jessop  
#27 Posted : 07 June 2015 01:08:56(UTC)
Tom Jessop

Australia   

A bus trip sounds good , do they run to a different time table on weekends compared to a weekday timetable ? Looking at places to stay in a motor home with public transport or close to one of the Meese sites to enable full days of trains . At the moment we are thinking of parking at the EWS Arena on Lorcher Str. or maybe another one to the north at Lindarch . Looking at Google earth there does not seem to be a bus service from Boll to Goppingen ,no bus stop signs on any of the roads compared to other areas .

Looking at another site I found this .

Public bus from Göppingen to Bad Boll

Regular bus connection from Goeppingen to Bad Boll (see web site of Deutsche Bahn for the timetable):
Here is some official information, and some comments by our guinea pig (who arrived well and in time). There are regular buses from Goeppingen to Bad Boll; information is provided by the Deutsche Bahn web site when entering 'Ev.Akademie/Reha-Klinik, Boll' as destination. (Entering Bad Boll instead of Boll strangely leads to misunderstandings.)
Upon arrival in Goeppingen main station, you leave the station on the unique side where leaving is possible. Standing outside of the station you see a side 'ZOB' (central bus station) pointing to the left. And indeed on the left, just behind the station square, you see buses. Walk there to find a fairly large number of platforms. The bus number 20 to Bad Boll (final destination usually: Hattenhofen, occasionally: Weilheim an der Teck) is supposed to depart from platform K. (It may as well depart from a neighbouring platform, without causing a problem for travellers. Some, but not all locals, may be able to predict this platform.)
The bus takes about 20 minutes to reach the Akademie in Bad Boll. It does so after going through the village Boll and leaving that again. The station of the Akademie is within a little roundabout. (Inside the bus there may be screens showing the news and also announcing bus stops to come. These are the main stops coming soon, but not necessarily the next stop, so avoid being too quick.) Near the bus stop there is a group of nice buildings including the spa, and a park, and you feel you are close to an Akademie. Next to the bus stop, there is a sign showing you a foot path leading you in the direction of Ev.Akademie. Following this sign you quickly reach another group of buildings, which is the Ev.Akademie. There you continue following the sign and eventually reach the reception. Reception staff does speak English.

I haven't checked the DB timetable yet but this looks like a possible goer . We are still trying to work out what & where we want to go & see in between & after visiting the Messe & Eurospoor . I f Suggested just a hobby shop tour I don't think the holiday would be a very happy thing being with the FD & her saying not another one all the time .

Cheers Tom in Oz
Offline NZMarklinist  
#28 Posted : 08 June 2015 08:25:08(UTC)
NZMarklinist

New Zealand   
Boll is way off the Railway line, which means Taxi or bus.

I stayed at Eislingen in 2013 as do quite a few Marklineers. (Hotel Eichenhof

I found Taxi Team Eislingen very good and relatively inexpensive, and by all accounts the best service ! local number 0716189198. ThumpUp
I used them initially from Eislingen Bhf and then, to & from Goppingen, at least every day and I'm sure Boll would not be a problem !

Good luck and fun all, at the moment I am not able to attend Sad
Glen
Auckland NZ

" Every Marklin layout needs a V200, a Railbus and a Banana car", not to mention a few Black and red Steamers, oh and the odd Elok !

CS1 Reloaded, Touch Cab, C Track Modules, K track layout all under construction. Currently Insider
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by NZMarklinist
Offline Bob  
#29 Posted : 10 June 2015 14:52:11(UTC)
Bob

Here is a link to the Goeppingen Bad Boll Bus
http://www.filsland.de/fahrplan/ortsfahrplaene

Just download the Goeppingen Bad Boll Timetable. Weekday bus times are different to weekends, but there are still plenty of buses.

Bob.
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Bob
Offline MikeR  
#30 Posted : 21 July 2015 10:27:38(UTC)
MikeR

United States   
Can someone please confirm whether I need to make any booking to attend the Treff? - this is my first time. I have looked through the M* site and there does not appear to be any need to book but I just want to make sure. I have booked my hotel and made most of my travel arrangements which include a visit to Miniatur Wunderland after the Treff. Both the Treff and Miniature Wunderland are firsts for my wife and I.

I am looking forward to meeting other M*-Users at the show.
Mike
Member of ETE
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by MikeR
Offline mrmarklin  
#31 Posted : 21 July 2015 20:30:59(UTC)
mrmarklin

United States   
Originally Posted by: MikeR Go to Quoted Post
Can someone please confirm whether I need to make any booking to attend the Treff? - this is my first time. I have looked through the M* site and there does not appear to be any need to book but I just want to make sure. I have booked my hotel and made most of my travel arrangements which include a visit to Miniatur Wunderland after the Treff. Both the Treff and Miniature Wunderland are firsts for my wife and I.

I am looking forward to meeting other M*-Users at the show.

No reservations are necessary to buy tickets for entry to the Treff itself.
From the People's Republik of Kalifornia
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by mrmarklin
Offline Dreadnought  
#32 Posted : 21 July 2015 21:36:17(UTC)
Dreadnought

Canada   
I bought my entrance tickets in the main lobby of the Goppingen railway station. I bought three, one for each day, so that I did not have to buy one each day. As I recall I got three different colour wrist bands, one for each day, rather than tickets as such. I bought them on the Friday morning, there was not much of a line up. The sales desk seemed a bit surprised I was buying for each day. I assume that is a bit unusual.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Dreadnought
Offline Tom Jessop  
#33 Posted : 21 July 2015 23:33:57(UTC)
Tom Jessop

Australia   

I brought mine [ 3 ] at the Museum on the Wednesday before the exhibition. This time The FD & myself will be arriving on Thursday & will purchase there again & also be able to rule out most of the inside exhibits before the crowds arrive for the weekend . We will also check out a few shops on Thursday & try to obtain a few bargains .

We set off from Oz in 3 weeks time & will be doing a cruise from Venice to Istanbul before flying over to Frankfurt & pick up a RV to do more touring in .

See you all in Goppingen .

Cheers Tom in Oz .
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Tom Jessop
Offline kiwiAlan  
#34 Posted : 22 July 2015 00:22:31(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
One trick I used a couple of years ago is that for Insider/Profi Club/LGB Club/1FC (whatever they are now calling it) members, if you buy your tickets at the Leonard Weiss depot (they set up a Kof as the ticket booth) you also got handed a Marklin produced plastic paper clip in an appropriate colour for the club membership you present to get the entry discount.

So on the off chance I made sure I went back to Leonard Weiss at the end of the day, and managed to scrounge a complete set of the paper clips, and the guy didn't seem too bothered that I wasn't presenting a membership for each, I think he just thought they were a pain ... BigGrin

For those who don't know Leonard Weiss, they are a track maintenance company based in Goppingen, and you get to them during the event on a VT95 that shuttles between their depot and Goppingen station. Well worth the trip as they have a loco or two and wagons over the inspection pit, and you can go down in the pit under them. Health and Safety nightmare to anyone here in the UK, but the Germans seem to manage to do it OK. There are also normally some layouts on display from various MRR clubs (Jaques Vuye has posted pictures here of past layouts) and it is also the base for the Messe Radio Station, along with other exhibits. Couple of years back a group of us were interviewed for an English language segment on the radio station.

Marklin have made various models with Leonard Weiss livery, including a Kof loco (I can't remember if that was just a loco, or in a set with a couple of wagons).

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline MikeR  
#35 Posted : 22 July 2015 11:37:51(UTC)
MikeR

United States   
Thanks to everybody for your advice and suggestions.

I am arriving on the Thursday so I will try and get to the museum and get my tickets.

Are we going to get together for a dinner during the course of the Treff? I am keen to meet the other Marklin-Users who manage to get to the Treff.

Mike
Member of ETE
Offline Tom Jessop  
#36 Posted : 23 July 2015 03:48:20(UTC)
Tom Jessop

Australia   

At a previous Treff the Stuttgart Mist group held a dinner night / work group at their club house premises . This was on Saturday evening & a very enjoyable time was had . It was organised by Martin Brandt who is a member of the B&G Marklin group on the web . The venue was in a suburb near the airport south of Stuttgart so a fair way from Goppingen , probably 60 minutes travel all up. I have not heard of anything planned for this year yet , plenty of time yet .

Cheers Tom in Oz
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Tom Jessop
Offline Bob  
#37 Posted : 26 July 2015 14:21:27(UTC)
Bob

Hi everyone,
It is getting closer to the big day. I will be flying out of Adelaide on the 11 August and will be staying with a few friends before making my way to Goeppingen and Bad Boll. I will arrive in Goeppingen on Wednesday 16 Sept.
It would be great if we could meet up some time. May I suggest that we could possibly meet on the railway station platform near the pedestrian overpass. If you look on google earth the overpass is clearly visible .
Would Saturday 19 Sept at 14.00 hours be suitable for everyone?
Maybe we can all wear a little red rose or any other red flower which should help identify us.
Any suggestions welcome.

Bob.
Offline DaveCowl  
#38 Posted : 27 July 2015 05:30:02(UTC)
DaveCowl

United States   
I know I am not around here so much, but I expect to arrive in Germany in time for Meiningen (first Saturday of September) and leave the Thursday after Treff.

Certainly hope to see folks there, having met a bunch back in 2013.

I have been practicing my German but think it will be 2017 Treff before I am proficient! BigGrin

Cheers! Dave.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by DaveCowl
Offline MikeR  
#39 Posted : 28 July 2015 22:55:40(UTC)
MikeR

United States   
Hi Bob

We will be leaving SA on 1 September and travelling via family in USA before arriving in Goppingen on 17 September. Saturday 19 September at 14h00 is fine for us.
Mike
Member of ETE
Offline MikeR  
#40 Posted : 28 July 2015 23:01:45(UTC)
MikeR

United States   
I see that David Pryor in post #15 mentions that Nigel Packer intends organising a dinner for the Friday evening (18 September). If we attend the dinner it will not be necessary to meet on the Saturday.
Mike
Member of ETE
Offline Bob  
#41 Posted : 29 July 2015 15:43:59(UTC)
Bob

Hi all
I just had another look at post 15. It would be terrific if Nigel did organise a dinner. However I can't find a post where this is confirmed. Can any one confirm that and maybe provide more details.
Bob.
Offline DaveCowl  
#42 Posted : 05 August 2015 21:53:30(UTC)
DaveCowl

United States   

I am not sure of the capacity for the dinner etc. so really it is up to Nigel who he might invite to that.

For a more general meetup, the Saturday plan seems reasonable to me...

Cheers! Dave.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by DaveCowl
Offline Bob  
#43 Posted : 07 August 2015 05:44:28(UTC)
Bob

Hi all,
Meeting on the 19 Sept at 14:00 by the pedestrian overpass could be the best option. I will endevour to check the place before hand. I expect to be in Goeppingen on the Thursday.
If all goes to plan I will have red rose in a button hole and wear a Mambo cap.

Bob.......
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Bob
Offline MrZtrax  
#44 Posted : 08 August 2015 08:15:51(UTC)
MrZtrax

Italy   
I'll be there, presenting my brand new Red Spider Canyon Z-gauge layout.
Come to meet me. I'll be just in front of the Märklin big layout, in the western hall of the Werfthalle at Stauferpark.
Some info on my layout here and here
Ciao!
Raf
Raf
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by MrZtrax
Offline Renato  
#45 Posted : 09 August 2015 00:51:55(UTC)
Renato

Italy   
Hi Raf,

Welcome to the forum.

As I will be in Göppingen on Saturday, I will visit your layout.

Cheers

Renato
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Renato
Offline Dreadnought  
#46 Posted : 09 August 2015 15:06:30(UTC)
Dreadnought

Canada   
Renato,
I hope the Italian Marklin group will be bringing their M track layout. I remember it at the Leonard Wiess building two years ago. It was the highlight of the show for me. It was brilliant in its scenery, and it's wonderful simplicity. I thought the way catenary ended and began again was superb. It simply was raised such that pantographs would no longer touch it. I was also impressed by the platforms between the tracks, made of carefully cut pieces of wood.
I shall make a point of visiting the Red Spider Canyon layout too. Italians do wonderful Marklin layouts.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Dreadnought
Offline MrZtrax  
#47 Posted : 09 August 2015 15:36:02(UTC)
MrZtrax

Italy   
Originally Posted by: Dreadnought Go to Quoted Post
Renato,
I hope the Italian Marklin group will be bringing their M track layout. I remember it at the Leonard Wiess building two years ago. It was the highlight of the show for me. It was brilliant in its scenery, and it's wonderful simplicity. I thought the way catenary ended and began again was superb. It simply was raised such that pantographs would no longer touch it. I was also impressed by the platforms between the tracks, made of carefully cut pieces of wood.
I shall make a point of visiting the Red Spider Canyon layout too. Italians do wonderful Marklin layouts.

Märklinfan Club Italia this year won't be present with any H0 layout, but with my Z layout, being hosted by ZFI.
I hope my layout will be a little surprise for you all and I invite you to come meet me and sign my guestbook.
Raf
Offline Bob  
#48 Posted : 10 August 2015 06:32:36(UTC)
Bob

Hi Raf,
I just looked at your posting and the links to the Red Spider Canyon. I was most impressed. I will most certainly come and visit your layout when I am in Goeppingen.

Bob.
Offline MrZtrax  
#49 Posted : 12 August 2015 05:29:29(UTC)
MrZtrax

Italy   
Here are some useful information about the event!
Raf
Offline MrZtrax  
#50 Posted : 26 August 2015 07:33:20(UTC)
MrZtrax

Italy   
Originally Posted by: MrZtrax Go to Quoted Post
I'll be there, presenting my brand new Red Spider Canyon Z-gauge layout.
Come to meet me. I'll be just in front of the Märklin big layout, in the western hall of the Werfthalle at Stauferpark.
Some info on my layout here and here
Ciao!
Raf

As, now, the official plan is getting definitive, please take note that I'll be in the Western side hall of the Werfthalle, just ASIDE the Märklin big layout, within the Z-Freunde International room.
See you there!
Raf
Raf