Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline taliesin  
#1 Posted : 15 May 2015 13:28:15(UTC)
taliesin

United Kingdom   
Hi, I have a Marklin MS2 which to the best of my knowledge has never had any software updates. I do not have a CS2 to do the upgrades through so I am hoping some kind person can do it for me here in the UK, I do not expect this to be done for nothing BigGrin , can anyone help please? regards Rob
Offline Ericpeter87  
#2 Posted : 15 May 2015 16:47:01(UTC)
Ericpeter87

United States   
I don't mean to hijack your thread, but I also am in need of an update for my ms2 in the Milwaukee WI area. I have the firmware that causes issues with the speed control knob. I also belong to a VW forum and they have a map with locations of trusted mechanics. I wonder if someone could make a map with people's locations with CS2 who would help with updates. Unfortunately, I do not know how to do this.
Offline 3rail4life  
#3 Posted : 16 May 2015 00:26:44(UTC)
3rail4life

United States   
Hi Ericpeter87,

If you can not get your update done locally, I will do it for the cost of return postage, just PM me for details if interested...

Gordon
Offline Goofy  
#4 Posted : 16 May 2015 07:46:15(UTC)
Goofy

Originally Posted by: taliesin Go to Quoted Post
Hi, I have a Marklin MS2 which to the best of my knowledge has never had any software updates. I do not have a CS2 to do the upgrades through so I am hoping some kind person can do it for me here in the UK, I do not expect this to be done for nothing BigGrin , can anyone help please? regards Rob

If you visit yours closest local hobby store and they have CS2 to show the customer and to upgrade MS2 in free charge(?),you will get upgrade yours MS2 to latest version.
But it´s also important,that local store did upgrade CS2 to latest version too.

H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline taliesin  
#5 Posted : 16 May 2015 07:54:56(UTC)
taliesin

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Goofy Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: taliesin Go to Quoted Post

If you visit yours closest local hobby store and they have CS2 to show the customer and to upgrade MS2 in free charge(?),you will get upgrade yours MS2 to latest version.
But it´s also important,that local store did upgrade CS2 to latest version too.

Thanks but there are no hobby stores local to me selling Marklin, the heroes at Gaugemaster did not even know what I was talking about so still looking for another UK enthusiast, cheers Rob
Offline AshleyH  
#6 Posted : 05 June 2015 15:43:22(UTC)
AshleyH

United Kingdom   
Rob

Only just seen your post. Have sent you a PM

Ashley