Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline marklinologos  
#1 Posted : 12 May 2015 21:59:27(UTC)
marklinologos

Greece   
Hi to all Marklin fans,

I have allready convert a Lima locomotive dc to Marklin system with pick up shoe and Viessmann decoder 5245. When I finished the coonversion I run for test the loco in digital (MS 60653) and run very well both directions. Unfortuntaley the loco is for one friend who has Marklin analog system and when he tried to run in Marklin analog (classic white trafo) notice tha he can t change direction. Do you have any idea for this problem. I am thinking about the wheels which are insulated or about decoder type....but I am not sure....the locomotive has not any function like lights or anything else.

Thanks in advance for your advises!
Keep Marklin away from China
Online H0  
#2 Posted : 13 May 2015 00:09:19(UTC)
H0

Hi!

Product description says: "Multi protocol locomotive decoder suitable for DC, DCC (2 + 4 figures addresses) and Märklin Motorola (old/new) with automatic format recognition."
What's missing? AC.

In the manual they write on page 2 under the heading "Important Information": "for DC operation, not suitable for AC operation"

Wrong decoder for AC operation. Hopefully the reversing voltage didn't fry it.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0