Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Shamu  
#1 Posted : 04 May 2015 05:15:34(UTC)
Shamu

Australia   
A few weeks ago I picked up 4 4624 type wagons, 2 without loads. As one had dark weathering around the top portion I decided to get a coal load for it and a iron load for the clean one.

After a day or 2 searching eBay as well as the net the only viable option was HSMB (Holger Sauer Modellbau). Although they only sell via the eBay store to the EU I thought it worth a punt to contact them directly via their web site.

So a couple of weeks later my 2 loads for the empty 4624's arrived today, I must admit I panicked at first (sorry forgot to take a photo) as they looked too long and very skinny. However once I had the wagons in front of me I knew they were the right ones. For around AU $17 the pair delivered I'm a happy camper.

Its worth looking at their site (or if your in the EU eBay) as they have a fairly extensive range of loads for most wagons in several scales.

Edited by user 05 May 2015 09:09:11(UTC)  | Reason: Changed title to include Ore for ease of searching in future

Shamu attached the following image(s):
4624a.jpg
Sad when its cheaper to buy a new 29640 starter set from Germany than a CS2 on its own in Oz, welcome to the joys of Marklin down under .
thanks 8 users liked this useful post by Shamu
Offline RayF  
#2 Posted : 04 May 2015 20:06:23(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Thanks Shane,

I can do with a couple of coal loads for my 4624s
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
Offline Tom Jessop  
#3 Posted : 07 May 2015 05:28:47(UTC)
Tom Jessop

Australia   

For those who may be attending Eurospoor , there is a guy who has a stand there with all sorts of aftermarket loads for different open wagons . Reasonable price for memory , I meant to buy some the last time I was there but got waylaid looking & buying other goodies & forgot to go back to him . I wont forget this year when we attend in October .

Cheers Tom in Oz .
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Tom Jessop
Offline river6109  
#4 Posted : 07 May 2015 06:16:13(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
I bought mine all local and if I remember correctly the guy who did proper iron ore has given the business away and I bought heaps of packets including coal and other rock forms.

here is an ebay item, (loose iron ore ballast)

http://www.ebay.com.au/i...cenics-B77-/221687129999

John
https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by river6109
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#5 Posted : 07 May 2015 12:17:06(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: Shamu Go to Quoted Post
.........the only viable option was HSMB (Holger Sauer Modellbau).

I wonder if they would do any Gauge 1 loads......... (nothing shown on their website or ebay shop)?
Offline Tom Jessop  
#6 Posted : 07 May 2015 12:29:12(UTC)
Tom Jessop

Australia   

If you wish I could look at Eurospoor for you , we plan to be back in oz mid November , if you can wait that long .

Cheers Tom in Oz
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Tom Jessop
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#7 Posted : 07 May 2015 12:39:01(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Sure, thanks Tom. Even just finding someone who could supply something of that nature would be great. I have 10 (and wouldn't mind getting another couple) G1 ErzIII hopper cars that have no loads.

UserPostedImage

I'm not sure whether to fill them with coal or ore loads, but someone who could produce them reasonably cheaply would be great.

Modellbahn-Seyfried (www.modellbahn-seyfried.de) did produce some loads for G1, but at 50 euro each this would add up to 600 euro for a 12 car train, not an inconsequential amount!

http://www.modellbahn-se...mp;rid=592&recno=155
Offline Shamu  
#8 Posted : 25 August 2015 04:30:20(UTC)
Shamu

Australia   
About 2 weeks ago I obtained 2 x 46801 OOt wagon sets without loads so once again I trundled of to HSMB to get some inserts for them.

As I have coal wagons coming out the warzoo I decided to go for plain old gravel loads this time around. Arrived yesterday (11 days after ordering) a six pack of inserts for the wagons. For a grand total of AU $44.50 (€28.70) delivered I'm certainly a very happy chappie considering how badly the Oz dollar has tanked in the last 12 months.

HSMB_1a.jpg
HSMB_1b.jpg

I'm currently unsure whether to put them into the wagons or not as it will require "modifying" the box foam to accommodate them and I have concerns that they will be damaged while being moved. (Assuming I finally pull the digit and sell up to move northBlushing)

I cannot praise the quality and efficiency of HSMB enough, if you are after loads for your empty wagons I strongly suggest to visit them on either eBay (in the EU) or their web site. You will have to advise them of your correct address as they still only list the UK asides from mainland europe however they do mention "worldwide" in the shipping costs.
Sad when its cheaper to buy a new 29640 starter set from Germany than a CS2 on its own in Oz, welcome to the joys of Marklin down under .
thanks 6 users liked this useful post by Shamu
Offline xxup  
#9 Posted : 25 August 2015 07:56:39(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
Originally Posted by: Bigdaddynz Go to Quoted Post
... I'm not sure whether to fill them with coal or ore loads, but someone who could produce them reasonably cheaply would be great.

Why don't you get a few pieces of real coal and crunch them up for the load? It would work pretty good on 1 gauge - look crap in H0... There must be a coal mine somewhere in NZ?

Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by xxup
Offline Shamu  
#10 Posted : 25 August 2015 08:48:11(UTC)
Shamu

Australia   
Would be worth a try, I had considered putting glad wrap inside a wagon and using some of that filler foam gunk with (insert load type) sprinkles on top.

Be a far less fiddly exercise in 1 gauge.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Shamu
Offline Ross  
#11 Posted : 26 August 2015 02:39:29(UTC)
Ross

Australia   
Hello All,

I'm surprised that so many people would buy expensive accessories when they are so easy to make for very little expense.

Here is a link to some of my freight loads.

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~.../rms/pdf/wagon_loads.pdf

If you visit my pages you will find more examples.

Have a go at making your own loads. The results will encourage you to create more loads to fill those empty wagons.

Ross
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Ross
Offline kimballthurlow  
#12 Posted : 26 August 2015 03:04:20(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Would be worth a try, I had considered putting glad wrap inside a wagon and using some of that filler foam gunk with (insert load type) sprinkles on top.

Be a far less fiddly exercise in 1 gauge.

Hi Shane,
Thanks for the tip.
I have made plenty of wagon loads, but getting the size right, then gluing the material presents a challenge.
The glad-wrap idea is great, will make things a lot easier.

For those who do not know glad-wrap, it is thin plastic clear film used in the kitchen for wrapping (usually in a roll).

regards
Kimball
HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
Offline Shamu  
#13 Posted : 26 August 2015 03:32:23(UTC)
Shamu

Australia   
Kimball,

I think the biggest issue with what I was considering above would be getting the right amount of the expanding foam into the wagon without it going all over the place.

Suppose it would just be a case of trial and error getting the "squirt" right. I guess if it was too high at least you would have the bottom profile of the wagon to trim it back to.
Offline kimballthurlow  
#14 Posted : 26 August 2015 08:01:04(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Kimball,

I think the biggest issue with what I was considering above would be getting the right amount of the expanding foam into the wagon without it going all over the place.

Suppose it would just be a case of trial and error getting the "squirt" right. I guess if it was too high at least you would have the bottom profile of the wagon to trim it back to.

Hi Shane,
I will stick to the white polystyrene foam or similar for the load itself.
Cutting to size will not be so critical, because the glue and material, will hide any undersizing.
The glad wrap is a solution in this case, because it limits the spill, and does not allow glue sticking to the wagon sides.
Brilliant!
I have already done two loads since your tip was written. Waiting to dry now.

Kimball
HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kimballthurlow