Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline StuartA  
#1 Posted : 13 April 2015 23:33:36(UTC)
StuartA

United States   
I have here for repair a 39025 BR 18.3 steam locomotive. The motor is fine, but the worm (which is machined with the flywheel) is worn out (stripped). The part number for the motor/flywheel/worm assembly is E231479, and is no longer made by Marklin.

Now I see in the spare parts diagram for the similar BR 18.3 item number 39024 there is a motor/flywheel/worm assembly number E163818, which is indicated as being available from Marklin. The question is this, is this motor unit compatible with the electrical circuitry in the 39025?

Thanks!

Stuart
Offline RayF  
#2 Posted : 14 April 2015 09:26:02(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Hi Stuart,

Drop an email to the Marklin service centre and ask them. They are fairly good at answering questions like that.

Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
Offline H0  
#3 Posted : 14 April 2015 10:16:11(UTC)
H0

Hi, Stuart!
Originally Posted by: StuartA Go to Quoted Post
The question is this, is this motor unit compatible with the electrical circuitry in the 39025?
Another important question: do the physical dimensions fit?

The electrical circuitry should be no problem. The 39025 is the older loco, still with SDS. Standard decoder plus SDS motor driver. Remove the SDS motor driver and you should have a decoder suitable for the motor from 39024.
The decoder is crippled and may not support the load regulation parameters you need for best performance.

SDS is a small motor. With other locos they modified the mould to allow usage of other, bigger motors (BR 218 comes to mind). I have a 39024, but I don't have a 39020 or 39025 for comparison.

Märklin Service often reply "No" when it can be done with a bit of grinding.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage